Round1: Game 4 @Colorado

No hitting....no scoring......change the whiteout to a blackout ...The mourning and the moaning has started in earnest....I don't know what happened to this club but it does not resemble the team that finished the reg. season...Tough way to go out all things considered....I hope we don't get blown out in our own digs to end this thing and at least show up ....the fans deserve better...IF it ends badly I'm sure the coaching staff will be changed and if it is, I hope they make the move on the next coach quickly and not diddle around like they like they did last year

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

No hitting....no scoring......change the whiteout to a blackout ...The mourning and the moaning has started in earnest....I don't know what happened to this club but it does not resemble the team that finished the reg. season...Tough way to go out all things considered....I hope we don't get blown out in our own digs to end this thing and at least show up ....the fans deserve better...IF it ends badly I'm sure the coaching staff will be changed and if it is, I hope they make the move on the next coach quickly and not diddle around like they like they did last year

If this does end bad, start with the GM first then have them review the coaching/scouting staff from top to bottom..

Chevy has used up all his mulligans imo.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If this does end bad, start with the GM first then have them review the coaching/scouting staff from top to bottom..

Chevy has used up all his mulligans imo.

Because ppl expected the jets to finish top 5 in nhl I guess. U fire the gm for trading Dubois for Vilardi Iafallo kupari ? Or for trading for Monahan or a 4th rd pick for Toffoli? Or a 5th for miller. Or for signing Nino to a new deal? I mean which mistake is on the gm here. 

fire Chevy the year he likely wins gm of the year? lol. Ok that’s so gonna happen 

Edited by Goalie

The problem with the Jets situation is how do you fire the coach and GM of a team that finished with the second amount of points in the West during the NHL regular season? No way the Jets make those moves. It's a different game come playoff time. Unfortuantely since we can't use the Mark S was not available during the series excuse this time, we are left to think that this team is the classic regular season good/ playoffs bad kind of club ... 

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

The problem with the Jets situation is how do you fire the coach and GM of a team that finished with the second amount of points in the West during the NHL regular season? No way the Jets make those moves. It's a different game come playoff time. Unfortuantely since we can't use the Mark S was not available during the series excuse this time, we are left to think that this team is the classic regular season good/ playoffs bad kind of club ... 

For me is will Chevy finally realize this core that he drafted is not good enough? Can he blow up this team and start again?  Alot of  tough questions this off season.  I am hopeful though that we will win this game and at least not go down without a fight. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Because ppl expected the jets to finish top 5 in nhl I guess. U fire the gm for trading Dubois for Vilardi Iafallo kupari ? Or for trading for Monahan or a 4th rd pick for Toffoli? Or a 5th for miller. Or for signing Nino to a new deal? I mean which mistake is on the gm here. 

fire Chevy the year he likely wins gm of the year? lol. Ok that’s so gonna happen 

I get your sarcasm, valid points but the GM's body of work from year to year include the the teams success rate in the playoffs, no?

I guess it has to do with how high should expectations be placed on Chevy when it comes to the success of the Winnipeg Jets getting closer and ultimately winning the Stanley Cup?

I think your sarcasm suggests that Chevy is doing his job, i.e., top 5 in the NHL, makes the playoffs consistently but as the Jets flame out in the playoffs consistently year after year 1st or 2nd round its the players and coaches not doing enough mixed with larger market teams have tremendous advantage over small market teams?

If this is expectation for Chevy (consistently making the playoffs and it stops there), it's great gig cuz he will never be expected to win a Stanley Cup here cuz it's someone else's or some thing that is at fault when it comes to how successful the Jets are in the playoffs (not the season).  

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I get your sarcasm, valid points but the GM's body of work from year to year include the the teams success rate in the playoffs, no?

I guess it has to do with how high should expectations be placed on Chevy when it comes to the success of the Winnipeg Jets getting closer and ultimately winning the Stanley Cup?

I think your sarcasm suggests that Chevy is doing his job, i.e., top 5 in the NHL, makes the playoffs consistently but as the Jets flame out in the playoffs consistently year after year 1st or 2nd round its the players and coaches not doing enough mixed with larger market teams have tremendous advantage over small market teams?

If this is expectation for Chevy (consistently making the playoffs and it stops there), it's great gig cuz he will never be expected to win a Stanley Cup here cuz it's someone else's or some thing that is at fault when it comes to how successful the Jets are in the playoffs (not the season).  

Right now with the salary cap it should be fairly level( except for Vegas) between small and large markets money wise but desired location? That gap has gotten huge and Chevy is definitely behind the eight ball there. A lot of bouncing balls to catch. I guess we see in the offseason which way we go...

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I'd start Brossy, and put in Perf. What do we have to lose? Helle needs a wake up call.

Helle needs help. He's the best goaltender in the world and he's being hung out to dry.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

And yet for some reason the Jets have been playing better with Brossy in net.

That reason, and I may get tarred and feathered for saying so, is that Brossy is more reliable at the moment …