Round 1: Game 3 @Colorado

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhh to be a Jet fan. 
Only down 2-1 but if they roll over on Sunday all eyes on Chevy.

It seems like every year they do this. Win game one and then collapse. Need a huge game Sunday but they look defeated. 

Also, what's up with Ehlers? Seems like he doesn't skate anymore and would rather just throw the puck away. The guy just seems off for normally being one of the fastest guys on the ice.

5 goals in the third. 

1 minute ago, AB BomberFan said:

It seems like every year they do this. Win game one and then collapse. Need a huge game Sunday but they look defeated. 

Also, what's up with Ehlers? Seems like he doesn't skate anymore and would rather just throw the puck away. The guy just seems off for normally being one of the fastest guys on the ice.

If they roll over on Sunday and lose in 5 or 6 we remain average. I still have hope but at what point does the GM feel the heat?

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets look tired. Helle can’t stand on his head every game. Jets just not playing jets hockey consistently 

Not for 2 and a bit periods they didn’t. 
Will be interesting what the Jet coaches and players say about this game.

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jets look tired. Helle can’t stand on his head every game. Jets just not playing jets hockey consistently 

“Every game”?

🤔

helle .871 tonight. Definitely made a few great saves. But, so did the other guy. I don’t think he outplayed the other guy. And he has to for us to have a chance. He has to be the same guy he is in the regular season and he has just not been. The tying goal was right through his legs again.

and Ehlers? Outside of that overtime goal against Edmonton in 2021, he’s always been a meh playoff performer as well.
It’s really too bad. It’s all very disappointing.

Whelp i hate to say i told ya... team just doesn't have it physically, i wish i was wrong. Bowness needs to make more than one minor change and if we are out early again this year...it is finally time to look at Chevy. Can he be objective with players that he has drafted? Can he really overhaul this team? 

Only good thing about an ass kicking is it can really wake a team up. Hopefully they come out fired up on Sunday and tie this thing up. If they go down 3-1, it's over ..

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Only good thing about an ass kicking is it can really wake a team up. Hopefully they come out fired up on Sunday and tie this thing up. If they go down 3-1, it's over ..

It wasn’t an ass kicking until that double minor high sticking penalty in the third when the Avs then scored just over 2 minutes into the penalty.  Then the Jets brains and wills broke in two. Overall it was a pretty good road game till then. Very disappointing. Just can’t move from good to great in a progressive and consistent way.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

As a casual fan, it was really disappointing to see the refs totally change the pace of the game in the 3rd with that garbage non-call. 

That being said, the Jets weren’t physical on D at all after they went down 3-2 

Yup to the casual fan it literally looked like they gave up and abandoned how they were playing up to that point. 

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup to the casual fan it literally looked like they gave up and abandoned how they were playing up to that point. 

I don’t know enough about the finer details of hockey to explain why, but yeah it was a totally different team until that high-stick penalty. 
Just gassed out after a 4 minute PK maybe? 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t know enough about the finer details of hockey to explain why, but yeah it was a totally different team until that high-stick penalty. 
Just gassed out after a 4 minute PK maybe? 

Oh I’m sure you and I would be schooled by the Jet professionals who would pat us both on the heads and tell us amateurs that nothing changed just bad breaks and bounces a few breakdowns blah blah blah. Just another reminder of being a loyal hardcore Jet fan is a challenging chore but we persevere.