2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

21 minutes ago, ShyGuy said:

Looks like someone leaked the executive summary that was provided to the Argos/CFL.

Surprised the by-line here is Naylor and not Westhead tbh

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/dave-naylor-independent-investigation-corroborates-three-of-six-allegations-against-chad-kelly-1.2118960

Anyone else feel that the player that refused to answer questions during the investigation should face repercussions as well? I'm of the mind, if you aren't working to solve the problem, you are part of the problem. Hopefully he gets subpoenaed for the court case and tells the truth. F$%K the "Double Blue" line...

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I wonder if some people are still going to cling to the he said/she said bullshit...

They will probably lay silent for a good while then resort to that once the news isn’t soo fresh. 

my question now is, what else might the argos be hiding? It would be exceedingly rare for this to have been a one off especially with how much investigation has been required to get to this point. 

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Anyone else feel that the player that refused to answer questions during the investigation should face repercussions as well? I'm of the mind, if you aren't working to solve the problem, you are part of the problem. Hopefully he gets subpoenaed for the court case and tells the truth. F$%K the "Double Blue" line...

100% effing percent. Obstruction of a league investigation has to be treated with great severity. 

5 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

It could also point to more systemic rot within the Argos, where the player was fearful of reprisal from management/coaching. Sad as it is, the complainant had a longer career with the Argos than most currently rostered players will.

17 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I wonder if some people are still going to cling to the he said/she said bullshit...

He said (In writing via text message directly to her and in front of a bunch of other people) / she said (corroborated by several witnesses)

19 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Correction, according to a certain poster here, it’s not he said/she said, its they said/they said. 

player refusing was more so to not lose face with teamates...which isn't right by any means but I getit...as I know they have likely all talked and know things to be true....and doesn't want to blackball himself....tho I would think in most rooms in the league, players would hold no bias against him based on what was done....That being said...If supeoned for court....he will have to come forward...or risk purgery, as he won't know who else may be witness to it.....none the less...he should be kicked from league...text messages alone....proving it...and witness testimoney supporting it....and fact he lied about it right outta the gate should be enough

I was trying to keep an open mind and consider the possibility that he was innocent, or it was a case of he said/she said maybe with some misunderstanding. I still say there is always two sides to every story and the truth always lays somewhere in the middle.....but.....as more comes out it sure looks like "trouble Chad" was at least partially at fault of what he was accused of and DID act inappropriately. 

As others previous mentioned, he has a history, the Argos knew this before they signed him and it appears they knew something was happening, at least to some degree they knew. The real troubling thing for me, is not that another athlete screwed up, it's that even still with all the information that has been released/leaked out, the optics of it from the Argo organization are blurry at best. 

I while not quick to judge, believe that, young or old, black or white, male or female, straight or other, able bodied, or disabled every individual should be able to go to a place of employment and not have to deal with discrimination or harassment. Unfortunately even with all the talk and promotion of this n today's society, it appears the Argo organization and by extension MLSE failed in this regard.

On 2024-05-10 at 7:41 AM, JCon said:

It's time to start asking questions of MLSE. Like, why do Murphy and Pinball still have jobs? 

I expect little from Ambrosie. He's been such a useless commish. It's like he believes it's an honorary title or something. 

The worst.

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hamilton cut Terry Godwin

That’s a surprise to me. He can be a difference maker in this league for sure. I don’t know how you afford him if you’re the Bombers, but he’ll play somewhere in this league for sure.

Ya that is pretty surprising. He looked pretty good last year. Am I forgetting some American FA they signed at receiver? I just remember 1000 defensive linemen 

4 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Ya that is pretty surprising. He looked pretty good last year. Am I forgetting some American FA they signed at receiver? I just remember 1000 defensive linemen 

That's what I was thinking too. Seems like an odd cut

1 hour ago, Mike said:

That’s a surprise to me. He can be a difference maker in this league for sure. I don’t know how you afford him if you’re the Bombers, but he’ll play somewhere in this league for sure.

They also cut Mo Diallo who was a complete nutcase last year as a Canadian DL.  Not super impactful but in the middle of a lot of ****.

Pretty shocking given the losses they've taken to retirements on the Canadian side of their roster.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

He isn’t needed here.

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Rider's cut Edwards Cooper as well...thought he was a big signing??....and assume he got a signing bonus?....savvy SMS move there Oday u dolt!

JC Abbott claimed this was one of the biggest signings in free agency. 

Didn’t even make it to camp. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

He isn’t needed here.

nope....With Clericus here now.....doing stuff Sheed did...I can see KJ Hill as the front runner now.....as they have cut Thompson.....and he can return as well which bodes well as a back up if we DI a dedicated returner/part time offensive snaps guy which we likely do

On 2024-05-10 at 3:48 PM, ShyGuy said:

It could also point to more systemic rot within the Argos, where the player was fearful of reprisal from management/coaching. Sad as it is, the complainant had a longer career with the Argos than most currently rostered players will.

I think systemic rot within the Argo organization has been out of full display for several years now despite protests to the contrary by Bluto.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Something in his physical must have had them running for the hills I would think. Or maybe he just said I don't want to be in the CFL anymore?

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

nope....With Clericus here now.....doing stuff Sheed did...I can see KJ Hill as the front runner now.....as they have cut Thompson.....and he can return as well which bodes well as a back up if we DI a dedicated returner/part time offensive snaps guy which we likely do

We need one guy to step up  out of the rookies. That should be doable. 

31 minutes ago, Booch said:

Hill is an interesting  case. Seems to be smart, talented, good attitude and versatile. Has done kick returns but do not know how well.