Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Doublezero said:

I just watched MOS pos-game newser. That was pathetic. I know the players seem to love him but man, he is so stubborn. Asked if Bighill and Schoen were actually ready to play he said: "You gotta give the players a chance to be great - they can't do that on the bench." But they were hurt. And allowing them to play actually hurt the team. What kind of thick head couldn't see that? 

OK.. yea..in hindsight that's easy...but tough call for MOS

Just now, Doublezero said:

I just watched MOS pos-game newser. That was pathetic. I know the players seem to love him but man, he is so stubborn. Asked if Bighill and Schoen were actually ready to play he said: "You gotta give the players a chance to be great - they can't do that on the bench." But they were hurt. And allowing them to play actually hurt the team. What kind of thick head couldn't see that? 

Well, nothing will happen. Accountability will be... pffft. I guarantee that if somrthing similar happens next season, the same thing will occur. There will be no lessons learned. 

Bighill playing hurt us. Schoen caught every ball thrown his way. Bighill tho was a liability,  and he got reinjured early which really proved he shouldn't have been playing. Osh needs to recognize when the guys can't go, that's your job coach,  to put the Best roster possible out there to win. It seemed we didn't do that once thus year 

Here's the problem.  Bighill could have been replaced by Clements and Gauthier and was, rose tho could have played. Jackson Thomas Bennett = handicapping yourself already. Biggie, man what the **** coach 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, nothing will happen. Accountability will be... pffft. I guarantee that if somrthing similar happens next season, the same thing will occur. There will be no lessons learned. 

Wtf man..we just lost a game yea but we were in our 4th straight GC...what kind of accountability do you want?

4 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

like I said in a different post...Osh and his personal biases and stubbornness needs to be parked, and not brought out again

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not to oversimplify...but he's getting paid half a million a year to make tough calls, not avoid tough conversations.

True. No denying that. Straight up facts. I'm not trying to be a MOS fan boy. It was a bad decision.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Goalie said:

Bighill playing hurt us. Schoen caught every ball thrown his way. Bighill tho was a liability,  and he got reinjured early which really proved he shouldn't have been playing. Osh needs to recognize when the guys can't go, that's your job coach,  to put the Best roster possible out there to win. It seemed we didn't do that once thus year 

Here's the problem.  Bighill could have been replaced by Clements and Gauthier and was, rose tho could have played. Jackson Thomas Bennett = handicapping yourself already. Biggie, man what the **** coach 

Was Schoen any threat though?  Caught some balls around the sticks yeah.  On replay see lots of plays he's jogging lightly on a vertical all alone, no attention from Montreal and he's not even looking over his shoulder like he's in the route.  Montreal DB's jumping Lawler, Demski and Bailey on these plays.

I think a guy like Ambles at 100% would have been more of a threat to the Montreal secondary running down the field.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I was depressed for like 2 weeks last year. No word of a lie. This year, oddly, nothing.

I’m the opposite. The glow of the b2b was still there last year so I didn’t really care.

This one feels much worse because of how much it changes the legacy of this entire group. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Was Schoen any threat though?  Caught some balls around the sticks yeah.  On replay see lots of plays he's jogging lightly on a vertical all alone, no attention from Montreal and he's not even looking over his shoulder like he's in the route.  Montreal DB's jumping Lawler, Demski and Bailey on these plays.

I think a guy like Ambles at 100% would have been more of a threat to the Montreal secondary running down the field.

Hell Ravi Alston would have been more of a threat with the way Schoen was moving. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’m the opposite. The glow of the b2b was still there last year so I didn’t really care.

This one feels much worse because of how much it changes the legacy of this entire group. 

The difference is that wasn't the best effort.  You go out there and a couple plays go sideways but you played hard, lost to a good team.  Whatever.

This was just a team that wasn't ready for this game in any way.  Thought it would just fall into their laps and up 17-7 seemed to solidify that lax intensity level down by down.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Put another way...what does that say to the guy who'd be playing in that spot?

You can't do the "every guy on this roster is gonna need to play" **** and then throw guys who are so obviously incapable of playing a CFL game today on the field.

and according to Osh ecveryguy is a number 1.....so to back track on that is also a bit of a hypocritical statement....If I was a guy who lost out on the chance to help the team, when being 100% healthy I'd be a bit miffed/pissed and think...do I need to stay here?

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

@Booch I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like being right about the roster. This sucks. 

no...I dont like it....was more something I saw and a per-emptive warning I guess...I seen it right from TC when we let a ,lot of talent walk away and basically just gave spots to returning guys

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Wtf man..we just lost a game yea but we were in our 4th straight GC...what kind of accountability do you want?

That Osh will not have to answer for roster decisions. That Hall won't have to answer for a stupid defensive game plan. That Buck as OC played guys at receiver that were hurt & couldn't go. It'll just be business as usual & no one will have learned a thing. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bottom line....we had 46 men on this roster that could have stepped up and made a play. They didn't and we lost.

*41 football players

2 kickers

1 Navy Seal who sometimes gets in the way

2 guys who I'm not sure could have broke 6.5 in a 40 today but who are all-timers no doubt

Edited by JuranBoldenRules