Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread

Noeller

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Hopefully he has grown and learned...

If anything, the slightly hobbled Zach in last year's Grey Cup will reinforce his beliefs, imo. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do we need that money for off-seasons signings that can go against this year’s cap instead of next? I have no idea where our cap situation is, I don’t have access to the books. 

Meh, none of us do.

Fun to speculate sometimes but no way to really believe what anyone says on the matter.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Just remember that for every player pulled off the practice roster to go on the game roster, a player has to be put on the practice roster as well since we can’t exceed active roster numbers. And any practice roster player can be claimed by another team at any time so long as they immediately go on to that team’s active roster. So unless we play the “one game injured reserve” route (which may cause salary cap issues), we would be exposing current starters if we flipped them to the practice roster for a one game audition of another player. Given the size of CFL rosters, I just don’t expect to see the kind of movement others may hope for. Back-ups currently on the game roster will likely get more time, but I think PR guys will pretty much stay there in these last two weeks. 

At least that is my understanding of the rules. I stand to be corrected. 

They will use the 1 game injured list.  

Collaros will dress but not play.  Bet he plays first half vs Edmonton and that’s it before WF.

Oliviera won’t play in Calgary, might get a lot less reps than usual tonight. 

Anyone else who is banged up at all will likely sit.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do we need that money for off-seasons signings that can go against this year’s cap instead of next? I have no idea where our cap situation is, I don’t have access to the books. 

a couple of guys on league minimum for a token game cheque ain't gonna crippler us

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

The player has to agree...we.went over that before...also they have to play that week...some.twams are done next week as well...not a concern

Also...u can just 1 game them

And really..do you think any of our vets is gonna say yeah....I'll leave ...haha

I know a player has to agree to go on a practice roster, but I did not think they had a say in being pulled off one to go on to another team’s starting roster. But I do know that the original team has the “blocking” option of putting that practice player on their own game day roster first to prevent losing the player to the other team. I am basing this on the 2020 CBA section 3.08, which is online but won’t let me paste here.

Anyway, as JBR said, the one game injured list (with full salary) is an option.  I still don’t think we will see a mass transfer of PR players on to the game day roster next week. 

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I know a player has to agree to go on a practice roster, but I did not think they had a say in being pulled off one to go on to another team’s starting roster. But I do know that the original team has the “blocking” option of putting that practice player on their own game day roster first to prevent losing the player to the other team. I am basing this on the 2020 CBA section 3.08, which is online but won’t let me paste here.

Anyway, as JBR said, the one game injured list (with full salary) is an option.  I still don’t think we will see a mass transfer of PR players on to the game day roster next week. 

Yeah...player has to want to leave a PR...it's not just an automatic I can steal a guy...but if he agrees then yeah u have to game roster him

We've had guys refuse in recent yrs...Spooner...I believe Agudosi...and there was a DB I cam recall but name escapes me right now

Edited by Booch

On 2023-10-21 at 9:16 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sending a player to the PR means they don't get a game day cheque, they won't be doing that to anyone they want to keep happy.  They'll legitimately stack the 1 game as high as they like, cause nobody's totally healthy at this point anyway.  Not everyone on the PR will be given a shot, but I suspect a few will be given a chance to show what they can bring. It's the perfect scenario for a showcase game as the Stamps may take the same approach, players who want to take advantage of the opportunity will ball out trying to gain attention.

7 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sending a player to the PR means they don't get a game day cheque, they won't be doing that to anyone they want to keep happyThey'll legitimately stack the 1 game as high as they like

Aside from that, it would also mean those players finish the season on the PR, making them free agents.  Not a good strategy for any players the team may want back next season.

On 2023-10-21 at 10:45 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

They will use the 1 game injured list.  

Collaros will dress but not play.  Bet he plays first half vs Edmonton and that’s it before WF.

Oliviera won’t play in Calgary, might get a lot less reps than usual tonight. 

Anyone else who is banged up at all will likely sit.

I know it's much easier to say this in hindsight... but Brady is 2 yards shy of 1500 rushing and 20 yards shy of 2000 all purpose... he'll get into the game just to reach those milestones. 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I know it's much easier to say this in hindsight... but Brady is 2 yards shy of 1500 rushing and 20 yards shy of 2000 all purpose... he'll get into the game just to reach those milestones. 

he will get work to keep him sharp....get those numbers and be done...all our regs most likely will get some game reps then be sat down...tho I'd like to see a few guys added who havnt seen any or many reps this yr not named Schmeckle

Edited by Booch

2 hours ago, Booch said:

he will get work to keep him sharp....get those numbers and be done...all our regs most likely will get some game reps then be sat down...tho I'd like to see a few guys added who havnt seen any or many reps this yr not named Schmeckle

It' the perfect game to rest Jake and give Schmeckle lots of reps to see what he's learned, if he doesn't look good no need to bring him back next season.  They only gave 2017 first overall pick Faith Ekakitie one year to prove his worth, when he didn't, they cut him loose.

On 2023-10-20 at 11:55 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Very weak OL, at LB, and secondary.

DL was no prize either.

On 2023-10-23 at 1:14 PM, Fatty Liver said:

It' the perfect game to rest Jake and give Schmeckle lots of reps to see what he's learned, if he doesn't look good no need to bring him back next season.  They only gave 2017 first overall pick Faith Ekakitie one year to prove his worth, when he didn't, they cut him loose.

Yeah....I would expect Bennett to get a lot of reps this week in a make it or break it type of looksie for next year.