Stamps at Lions

bustamente

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

Maier sure didn't impress in that one.....kind of a cheesy performance resulting in a nothing burger....IF they play like that against us this week, there could be two Dickie birds on the firing line....One of them might have to fire himself

Pat DelMonaco is a terrible OC. As bad as Steve McAdoo was. But there are more problems on defense than offense. That secondary & DL are the worst in the CFL. Worse than Edmonton. Three guys are busting their balls at linebacker. The other 9 are just going thru the motion. On more than one occasion, I saw the secondary jogging chasing down BC players. Like someone else will do the job, not me. Hard to believe the lack of effort. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know if anyone was watching the last 2 minutes of the game but that damned secondary of the Lions are pricks. One of them went on all fours. Another DB standing up made a motion of pulling his pants down & sat on him & acted like he was taking a crap. I was shocked. The others were just dancing around. I've never seen such a tasteless display by a bunch of classless a$$*****. They should be fined for that. Campbell should be ashamed of what his punk secondary did. 

Disappointing that the Stamps put on such a putrid display. 

They sure didn't take to heart the humble pie they were served in that second game....You figured that would put them down a notch or two but guess not....and yeah I caught that and thought WTF too....then he went into a pretending to play piano after ward but the first part looked exactly as you described...

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know if anyone was watching the last 2 minutes of the game but that damned secondary of the Lions are pricks. One of them went on all fours. Another DB standing up made a motion of pulling his pants down & sat on him & acted like he was taking a crap. I was shocked. The others were just dancing around. I've never seen such a tasteless display by a bunch of classless a$$*****. They should be fined for that. Campbell should be ashamed of what his punk secondary did. 

Disappointing that the Stamps put on such a putrid display. 

Not even close he was like any other pianist making sure he was not sitting on his tuxedo tails not pulling his pants down to take a dump lol. as clearly shown here by Bugs Bunny.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

They sure didn't take to heart the humble pie they were served in that second game....You figured that would put them down a notch or two but guess not....and yeah I caught that and thought WTF too....then he went into a pretending to play piano after ward but the first part looked exactly as you described...

And fans from other teams think our team is cocky? Sure we are & we earned the right to be that way but we don't do things like that. If they did, I'd be disappointed. You're right these punks learned nothing. What a joke. Show some class. Too much to expect. 

38 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Not even close he was like any other pianist making sure he was not sitting on his tuxedo tails not pulling his pants down to take a dump lol. as clearly shown here by Bugs Bunny.

Well, if we're talking about then guaranteed thousands of viewers watching thought the same thing. So, no matter what they meant it to be then that's how it'll be remembered. Great look, Lions. You look like assclowns. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And fans from other teams think our team is cocky? Sure we are & we earned the right to be that way but we don't do things like that. If they did, I'd be disappointed. You're right these punks learned nothing. What a joke. Show some class. Too much to expect. 

Well, if we're talking about then guaranteed thousands of viewers watching thought the same thing. So, no matter what they meant it to be then that's how it'll be remembered. Great look, Lions. You look like assclowns. 

During the game they talked about Ryan Phillips encouraging that stuff and told them he'd cover any fines they get.

On 2023-08-13 at 10:08 AM, Stickem said:

Maier sure didn't impress in that one.....kind of a cheesy performance resulting in a nothing burger....IF they play like that against us this week, there could be two Dickie birds on the firing line....One of them might have to fire himself

Love it, but I think you hurt Maier's feelings.

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Huge part of success - encouraging your players to celebrate like morons literally every time they do their job. 

yeah the act like u been there before mentality seems to have waved bye bye to a lot of teams....especially the Lions...and Cats....closely followed by gang green

I like how for most part we celebrate within reason, and when its actually celebration worthy....Look at a guy like Grant...Schoen...it's their job to score, and they act accordingly.....others come in to whoop it up, but they are pretty subdued about it

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah the act like u been there before mentality seems to have waved bye bye to a lot of teams....especially the Lions...and Cats....closely followed by gang green

I like how for most part we celebrate within reason, and when its actually celebration worthy....Look at a guy like Grant...Schoen...it's their job to score, and they act accordingly.....others come in to whoop it up, but they are pretty subdued about it

Including running into the stands?

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Including running into the stands?

have u ever seen Grant do that?....I havnt...Even Schoen...basically just drops the ball or hands it off to someone...he will do a bit of a jump in air to chest bump someone, and maybe revel when the othrs come in a bit....but if he was just left alone...he jogs back to sidelines

Jumping into crowd tho is showing dfan appreciation and I am fine with that....after the score...its the stupidity some guys show on a 7 yard gain...or a standard tackle....the funniest is the douchery when a QB misses a pass or the receiver muffs it, but some assbags act like they made a super bowl winning extraordinary play on the ball

Just now, Booch said:

have u ever seen Grant do that?....I havnt...Even Schoen...basically just drops the ball or hands it off to someone...he will do a bit of a jump in air to chest bump someone, and maybe revel when the othrs come in a bit....but if he was just left alone...he jogs back to sidelines

Jumping into crowd tho is showing dfan appreciation and I am fine with that....after the score...its the stupidity some guys show on a 7 yard gain...or a standard tackle....the funniest is the douchery when a QB misses a pass or the receiver muffs it, but some assbags act like they made a super bowl winning extraordinary play on the ball

The Hardrick Hop is one of the best things to see as a home fan.

Let the boys have fun.

Just now, Jesse said:

The Hardrick Hop is one of the best things to see as a home fan.

Let the boys have 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I absolutely love the Hop, but you can’t say that we don’t play up the celebrations. Watch Oliviera’s td against BC. 

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

Things like spinning the ball after a seven yard doesn’t do it for me. Give the ball to the referee and huddle up. Save your celebrations for the real thing.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I can’t ever remember Schoen or Grant jumping into the stands. 

15 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Nope. I’m strictly talking about post play celebration. I’m not the one drilling down into specifics. I don’t even play piano. 

How much time do you figure Yoshi put into the Hardrick Hop, maybe half a second?  Now how much time to think up & plan the piano bit?  

A very obviously choreographed celebration is not the same as a spur of the moment one.

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I can’t ever remember Schoen or Grant jumping into the stands. 

or doing any extra animated dance...pantomime...nothing 

34 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Nope. I’m strictly talking about post play celebration. I’m not the one drilling down into specifics. I don’t even play piano. 

nor do I...but I did stay at a holiday Inn Express last night.....................

Some Bombers do their share of celebrations. After a turnover the whole defence runs to the end zone and poses for the cameraman, or even grab the camera and film. Oliviera does a ball spin or flex or first down signal. Willie J does a somersault or guitar windmill after a sack or stop. And the Bombers were one of the first to pioneer the dance celebration choreography back in 2000 and kept it up for a long while. 

Personally I don’t care. I prefer the “act like you’ve been there” but no reason to be bothered by it. You don’t like the other team celebrating? Stop them. But let’s not pretend we are above it all and the only team that doesn’t do it, and only the other teams are participating.