Stamps at Lions

bustamente

The only thing I dislike are the curmudgeons who complain about players having fun on the field. Do we want the NFL-style flags for celebrations?

Let them celebrate, let them choreograph dances. let them hide markers and phones in the goal posts (Chad Johnson reference). 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The only thing I dislike are the curmudgeons who complain about players having fun on the field. Do we want the NFL-style flags for celebrations?

Let them celebrate, let them choreograph dances. let them hide markers and phones in the goal posts (Kelly Malveaux reference). 

fyp. 

There's a line..... I like the players having fun, but there's a point where you can go too far. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Some Bombers do their share of celebrations. After a turnover the whole defence runs to the end zone and poses for the cameraman, or even grab the camera and film. Oliviera does a ball spin or flex or first down signal. Willie J does a somersault or guitar windmill after a sack or stop. And the Bombers were one of the first to pioneer the dance celebration choreography back in 2000 and kept it up for a long while. 

Personally I don’t care. I prefer the “act like you’ve been there” but no reason to be bothered by it. You don’t like the other team celebrating? Stop them. But let’s not pretend we are above it all and the only team that doesn’t do it, and only the other teams are participating. 

ball spin is totally a nothing celebration really...been going on forever, and minor lil things I think are fine...hated the choreographed crap.....glad we dont do it, and the few teams that do look dumb....I dont mind when the group of db's or defense on any team do the run and pose for a pic thing...

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

fyp. 

There's a line..... I like the players having fun, but there's a point where you can go too far. 

the choreographed nonesense is too much...and dumb...spontaneous and natural celebrations are fine,  and yes....do not want to be boring and lame like the NFL

I don’t mind celebrations at all- I prefer them on impact plays. I actually think they are great in those situations. 

Catching a 5 yard pass shouldn’t result in a dance. 

59 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

They are playing a childs game people take this stuff way to seriously 

It is bush league - it isn’t keeping anyone up at night.

59 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:
Edited by Geebrr

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Greatest player in Bomber history had several pre planned TD celebrations. 

Hefney? He was pretty good but the best? That's a bold statement. Celebrations are okay unless you need to use a toilet. Then crap all over the back of a teammate like the Lions do. I\m with Booch, I like the been there before attitude. What drives me nuts are when players do stupid celebrations like sack dances, flexing or holding the ball with an arm extended dropping like Duke Williams does with the ball when their team is down by 30 points late in the fourth quarter. We do it so it's just not exclusively the other teams doing it. Where were you earlier, dumbass when a sack or big catch actually might have made a difference???? Just keep the celebrating to yourself. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hefney? He was pretty good but the best? That's a bold statement. Celebrations are okay unless you need to use a toilet. Then crap all over the back of a teammate like the Lions do. I\m with Booch, I like the been there before attitude. What drives me nuts are when players do stupid celebrations like sack dances, flexing or holding the ball with an arm extended dropping like Duke Williams does with the ball when their team is down by 30 points late in the fourth quarter. We do it so it's just not exclusively the other teams doing it. Where were you earlier, dumbass when a sack or big catch actually might have made a difference???? Just keep the celebrating to yourself. 

Was talking about Stegall 

19 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Some Bombers do their share of celebrations. After a turnover the whole defence runs to the end zone and poses for the cameraman, or even grab the camera and film. Oliviera does a ball spin or flex or first down signal. Willie J does a somersault or guitar windmill after a sack or stop. And the Bombers were one of the first to pioneer the dance celebration choreography back in 2000 and kept it up for a long while. 

Personally I don’t care. I prefer the “act like you’ve been there” but no reason to be bothered by it. You don’t like the other team celebrating? Stop them. But let’s not pretend we are above it all and the only team that doesn’t do it, and only the other teams are participating. 

Keep in mind the plays you’re referencing when the bombers celebrate… interception, first down, touchdown, sack… those are significant plays worth celebrating… what some are saying is it’s lame seeing a celebration after a routine play like a pass break up or 7 yard gain

15 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Greatest player in Bomber history had several pre planned TD celebrations. 

A lot were also stupid. 

Again, there is a difference between celebrating a TD with your team and holding a guy to 4 yards on a run. 

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Keep in mind the plays you’re referencing when the bombers celebrate… interception, first down, touchdown, sack… those are significant plays worth celebrating… what some are saying is it’s lame seeing a celebration after a routine play like a pass break up or 7 yard gain

Exactly. 

I have time for basically any sack dance. Those are hard to come by. 

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

yup...exactly this.....we rarely do elaborate stupid things for a common play, or a piddly play for that matter...the most we do is the first down point/ball drop thing....and the2 guy hand slaps..high five combos