Argos Versus Tigercats Game Thread

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think we see the Argos destroy the Tigercats. Argos are playing well and Hamilton is starting a third stringer.

To be fair, all their QB's are pretty much 3rd stringers (2nd string at best).

Other than BLM (who's questionable at this stage of his career), none of their QB's are close to being a starter.  Arbuckle, Schiltz, Locksley, Pipkin or Powell... none of them scare anyone.  Powell is still new to the league so he might have potential one day but the rest...

The Scullers haven't been 5-0 in my lifetime.

On paper this ought to be a comprehensive win, but the Tabbies won't want to lay down at home. Particularly in a year where Hamilton is hosting the Grey Cup. Coach Stein has to keep them believing.

I'm trying to think of how they'll come at our defence other than try and try again to run. Maybe they do what the Als did and use about 35+ screens?

It'll be chippy, dirty and covered in penalty flags. 10.5 spread. I take the Argonauts and give up the points. 

EDIT: Fun Fact - The last time the Argonauts were 5-0 to start was the year that McMahon Stadium Opened!

Edited by bluto

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

The Scullers haven't been 5-0 in my lifetime.

On paper this ought to be a comprehensive win, but the Tabbies won't want to lay down at home. Particularly in a year where Hamilton is hosting the Grey Cup. Coach Stein has to keep them believing.

I'm trying to think of how they'll come at our defence other than try and try again to run. Maybe they do what the Als did and use about 35+ screens?

It'll be chippy, dirty and covered in penalty flags. 10.5 spread. I take the Argonauts and give up the points. 

EDIT: Fun Fact - The last time the Argonauts were 5-0 to start was the year that McMahon Stadium Opened!

so there were two piles of crap created that yr?...lol

Argos are going to murder the Tabbies. It'll be over by the half, for sure. Same with BC and the Riders. BC is going to have that one in the bag early. I truly believe, right now, those are far and away the best two teams in the league and then there's a drop off to where we are, along with some others. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Argos are going to murder the Tabbies. It'll be over by the half, for sure. Same with BC and the Riders. BC is going to have that one in the bag early. I truly believe, right now, those are far and away the best two teams in the league and then there's a drop off to where we are, along with some others. 

I think that Winnipeg is doing what veteran laden teams in the CFL do: coast through the early stages, don't get yourself killed in July and August... and try to make your run when it counts. I'm an Argo fan, I've seen us make GC runs exactly like that. (which is why having us out to a fast start this season is such an anomaly)

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Argos started slow and the game was close at the half.

Wont be close at the end tho.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not that the West is a hell of a lot better....

6 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

To be fair, the same could be said for the west.

Pretty much that.

For me, I'm starting to wonder if Kelly will be One-And-Done. If he continues as he has been, you wouldn't bet against him making getting a deal down south. It's obviously his main motivation.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Pretty much that.

For me, I'm starting to wonder if Kelly will be One-And-Done. If he continues as he has been, you wouldn't bet against him making getting a deal down south. It's obviously his main motivation.

He'll be 30 next year. Age might work against him.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

He'll be 30 next year. Age might work against him.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

he's had some chances already...gonna be 30...and has several black marks against him for being basically a knob

Hope that you're both right, but if he gets his storybook year leading a team to a major trophy, I think he'll have takers offering guaranteed money. The guys all love him and his work ethic is impressive.

Edited by bluto
sp.

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

not that the West is a hell of a lot better....

Kelly is best in the east then you got the mess in Ottawa, the mess in Hamilton and faj...

Collaros vaj and Harris trumps the **** over there (though guess we take Harris out now, still collaros and vaj > Kelly and nothing.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I think we see the Argos destroy the Tigercats. Argos are playing well and Hamilton is starting a third stringer.

Can not help but agree - however even given Friday so to speak!! It may be closer than most folks think.

8 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Am I the only one who thinks Kelly is going to lose effectiveness as other teams get more tape on him?

nope

and other than B.C they have played mtl..edm and Hamilton....with 2 byes mixed in...Hardly tough sledding by any stretch and he's an under 60% passer....almost the east divsion smoke and mirrors record like the Riders in the west