Around The NHL 2023-24

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I am shocked. I cannot believe Salt Lake City moved in front of Houston. 

Have to  agree I really thought Houston was a no brainer as the owner of the Rockets has in the past expressed interest. 

5 hours ago, JCon said:

I am shocked. I cannot believe Salt Lake City moved in front of Houston. 

Utah is booming with lots of people with money moving away from California to Salt Lake City.   Lots of disposable income in SLC so it makes sense that they'd jump ahead and get a franchise.  

wow it really is for real this time

something I had pointed out on twitter: it's funny 29 years ago OJ was on Trial and the Jets were about to leave, flashforward to the present the Coyotes are going to leave and OJ is dead (and yes I am aware that it really is a crazy coincidence) 

SLC really isn't that much of a move. Just a little bit north, but still the same general area. Still shitty desert hockey.... Just with more wives allowed.

Edited by Noeller

That's alot of Hockey moms

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/hockey/2024/coyotes-name-logo-to-remain-phoenix-while-team-relocates-1234775204/

with all the Salt Lake City talk I'm kind of itching to play some Oregon Trail (anyone who played the second edition would know SLC is a stop on the trail......and a destination if you want a quick playing) though the 3rd game we just go through Utah, I recently had a dream where I unlocked a hidden town in the game....which would be impossible there's no hidden town in the game, unless you went through a time loop

Edited by iHeart

On 2024-04-13 at 12:29 AM, Brandon said:

Utah is booming with lots of people with money moving away from California to Salt Lake City.   Lots of disposable income in SLC so it makes sense that they'd jump ahead and get a franchise.  

At least that's what the show Yellowstone would have you believe. What's next, the Butte Attack? The Bozeman Bombers?

27 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Love how we can't even be bothered around here to spell his first name properly :D

I know it’s with an O but if it ticks a few more Leaf fans off ( especially after tonight’s game with the Lightning) it’s worth it 😉

10 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ouch.

Not saying it’s true but it is definitely out there. Hey, I’d take the number of goals that guy had scored this season in an instant on the Jets if we could and let the rest sort it self out 😃

Also … interesting that the team he grew up watching and idolizing, plays its last game (possibly ever) on the same night he doesn’t eclipse the 70 goals he so wanted …