Rourke Contract squabbles

TBURGESS

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I don’t know what I prefer, for rourke to go to the nfl or to come back and face the biggest pile of un reasonable expectations ever. Not to mention a sophomore slump, teams having enough film on him, and teams gunning for him. 
 As much as i want the kid to succeed i am physically Ill with the fajardo esq hype train and want to watch it crash and burn. 

Nah. We need him in the CFL because clearly we aren’t getting enough competition from the Riders. :)

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I never said Rouke was fully healed or that he wasn't taking a risk. I said that fans don't know more than the doctors who treated him and that it was simply an opinion that he was 'coming back too early' or that the team was forcing him back, which Booch eventually admitted to. If you thought I was arguing that Rourke was fully healed, then no wonder the argument went on for days/weeks/months because we were arguing about completely different things.

@Booch Paragraph 9:

Rourke remains under contract with the Lions for next season, although the team wants to sign him to a long-term extension. All CFL players are permitted to depart for the NFL via the window that was established in 2019, so he is eligible to pursue opportunities down south regardless of his status north of the border.

They wanted to sign Rourke to a long term extension this year too. That doesn't debunk anything.

Thanks for the first facts on your side of the argument. Now we need to know how much money Olivera and Hallett got for year 3.

Again...overlooking the whole option part and not having to pick it up at the entry contract terms...which happens more times than not...just dont understand how u dont get that..like really??!!...man u musta been a treat to work with too

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I never said Rouke was fully healed or that he wasn't taking a risk. I said that fans don't know more than the doctors who treated him and that it was simply an opinion that he was 'coming back too early' or that the team was forcing him back, which Booch eventually admitted to. If you thought I was arguing that Rourke was fully healed, then no wonder the argument went on for days/weeks/months because we were arguing about completely different things.

@Booch Paragraph 9:

Rourke remains under contract with the Lions for next season, although the team wants to sign him to a long-term extension. All CFL players are permitted to depart for the NFL via the window that was established in 2019, so he is eligible to pursue opportunities down south regardless of his status north of the border.

They wanted to sign Rourke to a long term extension this year too. That doesn't debunk anything.

Thanks for the first facts on your side of the argument. Now we need to know how much money Olivera and Hallett got for year 3.

With Farhan stating the Lions will be offering him a big raise to stay, and Dunk all but confirming it, I am not sure how you can suggest YOUR interpretation of how the CBA applies can be viewed as anything but thoroughly debunked. Any future argument you try to make will simply be you peeing into the wind. You can try if you want but no one here believes what you are trying to sell.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

With Farhan stating the Lions will be offering him a big raise to stay, and Dunk all but confirming it, I am not sure how you can suggest YOUR interpretation of how the CBA applies can be viewed as anything but thoroughly debunked. Any future argument you try to make will simply be you peeing into the wind. You can try if you want but no one here believes what you are trying to sell.

To be frank...hes full of crap...or just doesnt get it...or both

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

To be frank...hes full of crap...or just doesnt get it...or both

I am unclear why he thinks a player cannot be released from a contract in the CFL? Does he think that if the Lions were to release him tomorrow that all CFL clubs could only pay him 80k? Lmao. 

He would be a FA, open to the highest bidder and that would include the Lions. This part of the CBA was only brought in to make sure rookie draft picks could not hold a gun to the head of the team that drafted them, and to allow a team to have 3 years of control of that draft pick should they so choose. There is absolutely nothing in the CBA that prohibits any team from releasing any player on their option and resigning them to a different deal. It is literally done all the time.

34 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I wonder what kind of money he gets. Do they give him collaros money? I feel like they will. 

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I am unclear why he thinks a player cannot be released from a contract in the CFL? Does he think that if the Lions were to release him tomorrow that all CFL clubs could only pay him 80k? Lmao. 

He would be a FA, open to the highest bidder and that would include the Lions. This part of the CBA was only brought in to make sure rookie draft picks could not hold a gun to the head of the team that drafted them, and to allow a team to have 3 years of control of that draft pick should they so choose. There is absolutely nothing in the CBA that prohibits any team from releasing any player on their option and resigning them to a different deal. It is literally done all the time.

Preaching to the choir...and baffling he is so hung up on that...cripes with 4 players of our own off top my head I can think of since 2019 we have done something similar to this..it was also implemented to help teams with SMS as well for first 2 yrs of  draft picks career..

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder what kind of money he gets. Do they give him collaros money? I feel like they will. 

If he commits to the cfl, I think they’ll sign him to Collaros money for three years, minimum… some people think that’s a overpay based on his limited résumé, and I agree… but they don’t want to lose out on this player and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made him the highest paid player in the league 

Rewatching last weeks game it seemed to be every time they showed Rourke on the sidelines he was off by himself, Collaros always around Brown, Prokup and others. Just didn’t seem like he was interested in leading his team, cape on sitting on the bench alone. Does he really have what it takes to be a #1 guy? Generational player?

Thing is...its very rare for a player to regain pre injury form/production after this injury...so he will get starter money for sure...but not the most...he could be damaged goods now...especially seeing him hobble around the last few days and in playoffs...a Lisfranc recovery period you shouldn't be as hobbled as he is right now at this juncture...his playing was risky and quite frankly stupid...