Rourke Contract squabbles

TBURGESS

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

nope...rarely actually....and I can tell you that from first hand experience with draft picks the last decade

Fact of the matter...BC has come out on multiple occasions lately saying with no doubt or ambiguity that 2023 they will not be paying their starting QB 80k next yr, whether it be VA..or Rourke and it will be in line with CFL starter money...plain and simple...cut and dried

I also still stand by my offer that if He is Back next yr for 80k +10% i will never post again....put my money where my mouth is....if a certain someone will stand by their "assumption" and disappear for good if he is playing for more...you so confident and sure of yourself...stand by it and agree

For the record,...

Olivera and Hallett both were drafted in 2019 and received extensions going into this season.

Kerfalla Exume was drafted in the 7th round, played for the bombers in 2019 and was a free agent going into 2021.

We keep arguing about Rourke, but the player who will likely answer this question without disappearing out into the NFL is Kian Schaffer-Baker

2nd year player, theoretically has his option coming up, almost 1000 yards and 5 TDs and the right passport. If you had the option would you have him play out his +1 year at $80k or hope he continues to improve and sign him to a multi year deal?

7 minutes ago, KshyGuy said:

We keep arguing about Rourke, but the player who will likely answer this question without disappearing out into the NFL is Kian Schaffer-Baker

2nd year player, theoretically has his option coming up, almost 1000 yards and 5 TDs and the right passport. If you had the option would you have him play out his +1 year at $80k or hope he continues to improve and sign him to a multi year deal?

He'll probably get paid because they won't have a QB to give big bucks to.

37 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Realistically, would Rourke sign anywhere else if he came back, IE would Toronto stash away money for him, or do you think he’ll be loyal to BC?

I think he'll basically get the same amount of money anywhere.  And it's easy to pick the place that basically doesn't get winter plus play all your home games in a dome.  BC also has a good or nothing fanbase, they don't turn on guys.

47 minutes ago, KshyGuy said:

There has been a TON of mentions in the RIder media about the Riders extending him this offseason. Forgot about KSB, he is under the same type contract as Rourke. Regina media seems to believe he has big dollars coming his way THIS offseason....but we are all wrong...the Regina media is wrong...and Farhan is wrong...because none of us understand the CBA and someone, can't recall who, tweeted something a few months ago about this.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I meant to type poster, not poser. However, if you see yourself as a poser, you are a poser.

It's in black and white in the CBA. What more proof do you want? You're the one saying that BC can ignore the CBA. Where's your proof?

This is just one of your problems. You think that something is true even after you're shown, in black and white, in a contract, that it's not. It's kinda sad that you go to personal attacks, cuz you ain't got nothing else, but it's your MO.

I know what an option is & it's specifically defined in the CBA for CFL draft picks. The definition of option that's in the section of the contract that pertains to remuneration for draft picks is the definition of option used for draft picks. If the option wasn't specifically defined in the draft picks remuneration section, then you'd be right, but in this case you're not.

It wouldn't be BC forcing Rourke to play for cheap. It would be the CBA and the CFL.

Do you have a source that teams can ignore the option terms written into the CBA? It's not ambiguous because it's written into the CBA in the draft pick remuneration section.

RIDERFANS as source after taking shots about using twitter as a source? BTW: Twitter was a good enough source for you to agree that you had read that BC had asked the league for an exception for Rourke's contract.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rourke will take his NFL shot. Why wouldn't he? He won't be back in the CFL next year. Why would he come back to a draft pick first contract situation?

Rourke will be a FA if he comes back after next year and will get multiple offers.

Would the CFL exempt Rourke from the CBA first draft contract? I'd hope so, but they didn't do that this year. Maybe because they don't want to open the door for all draft picks to ignore the option year of their contracts and ask for an exemption?

I think that they should add "Except For QB's" in the CBA so Canadian QB's could get paid the same as US QB's. I also think they should be designated as Canadian's no matter if they are backups or starters. The idea that they are sometimes Canadians is dumb IMO.

Didn't read a single word of this, won't read it because my time is too valuable to me. You are wasting your time, my mind is made up. So is yours apparently. You are just hanging onto a tweet that you can't remember who tweeted it or when or basically what is said as your proof while ignoring the fact that a team can terminate any contract at any time and replace it with a new one.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, KshyGuy said:

For the record,...

Olivera and Hallett both were drafted in 2019 and received extensions going into this season.

Kerfalla Exume was drafted in the 7th round, played for the bombers in 2019 and was a free agent going into 2021.

yeah but someone said it's impossible..theres the 10% rule clad in iron..wrapped in titanium....so this cant be true....hahaha...cause there is an "option" for it not to be true 

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

possible same option yr arguer??...😕

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

In defense of that person... he never said Rourke was fully healed and at no risk.... he simply said no one here really knows if he is at risk or not... which is technically true, despite all the evidence pointing to it being risky.

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

In defense of that person... he never said Rourke was fully healed and at no risk.... he simply said no one here really knows if he is at risk or not... which is technically true, despite all the evidence pointing to it being risky.

I said right from start he was at risk..as did many others....and thats confirmation of it right there...he even alluded that it was expressed to him by doctors it was not the preferred avenue to take if u read between the lines

Also paragraph 9 also shoots holes thru the 80k return to play idea for 2023...oh excuse me..88k 

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He said he was ready to return -  clearly not. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

He said he was ready to return -  clearly not. 

yup...and the doctors know more than us....he refuted several case studies on that exact procedure on the timelines, so i see no defense warranted...watching him hobble around at the awards ceremony last night was proof positive, and a bit sad actually....90 percent of guys coming back from that never get back to their former self, and those are guys who were smart enough to allow the full recovery period and rehab...not guys who came back months early...let alone guys who came back before the hardware was even removed...so dumb but do hope it works out for him....as it was clearly obvious his accuracy...escapability and velocity on his throws was a shadow of what it was pre-injury

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup...and the doctors know more than us....he refuted several case studies on that exact procedure on the timelines, so i see no defense warranted...watching him hobble around at the awards ceremony last night was proof positive, and a bit sad actually....90 percent of guys coming back from that never get back to their former self, and those are guys who were smart enough to allow the full recovery period and rehab...not guys who came back months early...let alone guys who came back before the hardware was even removed...so dumb but do hope it works out for him....as it was clearly obvious his accuracy...escapability and velocity on his throws was a shadow of what it was pre-injury

Hopefully nothing long term , for sure. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yup fully healed and a sworn blood oath to play for 80k+10% if he comes back to the Lions next season……..

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I said right from start he was at risk..as did many others....and thats confirmation of it right there...he even alluded that it was expressed to him by doctors it was not the preferred avenue to take if u read between the lines

Also paragraph 9 also shoots holes thru the 80k return to play idea for 2023...oh excuse me..88k 

Yep...as did Farhan earlier today on Sportscage in Regina....but didn't they read the mystery tweet with no time and author from a couple months ago? TBurg wanted a source that the Lions are looking to and can offer him a different contract. There are now 2 sources given but somehow we are the obnoxious posers? Smh.

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Thank you for debunking TBurg's insane Rourke arguments once and for all. He was not fully healed and was taking a big risk by his own admission.

And my personal favorite...the Lions are trying to sign him to a new contract this off-season.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yep...as did Farhan earlier today on Sportscage in Regina....but didn't they read the mystery tweet with no time and author from a couple months ago? TBurg wanted a source that the Lions are looking to and can offer him a different contract. There are now 2 sources given but somehow we are the obnoxious posers? Smh.

Thank you for debunking TBurg's insane Rourke arguments once and for all. He was not fully healed and was taking a big risk by his own admission.

And my personal favorite...the Lions are trying to sign him to a new contract this off-season.

2 debunks in succession...like b2b champs haha

I don’t know what I prefer, for rourke to go to the nfl or to come back and face the biggest pile of un reasonable expectations ever. Not to mention a sophomore slump, teams having enough film on him, and teams gunning for him. 
 As much as i want the kid to succeed i am physically Ill with the fajardo esq hype train and want to watch it crash and burn. 

Yeah was getting a bit much...especially when other Canadian stars were basically an after thought it seemed...like he was the ultimate thing ever produced with a Canadian birth certificate...and really..what about the several dozen kid Canada's in the nfl...if anything they are kid Canada's playing in the most elite league

15 hours ago, Booch said:

I agree with you…. no doubt there seemed to be some risk to him coming back so early… I just couldn’t say that definitively 

I never said Rouke was fully healed or that he wasn't taking a risk. I said that fans don't know more than the doctors who treated him and that it was simply an opinion that he was 'coming back too early' or that the team was forcing him back, which Booch eventually admitted to. If you thought I was arguing that Rourke was fully healed, then no wonder the argument went on for days/weeks/months because we were arguing about completely different things.

@Booch Paragraph 9:

Rourke remains under contract with the Lions for next season, although the team wants to sign him to a long-term extension. All CFL players are permitted to depart for the NFL via the window that was established in 2019, so he is eligible to pursue opportunities down south regardless of his status north of the border.

They wanted to sign Rourke to a long term extension this year too. That doesn't debunk anything.

20 hours ago, KshyGuy said:

For the record,...

Thanks for the first facts on your side of the argument. Now we need to know how much money Olivera and Hallett got for year 3.