Als v stamps

Mark F

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I enjoyed that game just because of Kenny Lawler & Chris Jones. I've nothing against the guy making more money but he seemed gleeful to be leaving. Just leave, say nothing & keep it classy.

Why do you say Lawler was gleeful to be leaving? He just won a second cup and was moving on to huge money as a free agent. What did he say that wasnt classy? 

Just now, Blue_Dragoon said:

From what I read it was mostly that he propped up Edmonton as having more to do. To me that isn’t necessarily a put down of Winnipeg and more that he was embracing his new team’s city in the media. Unless there was more than that I think it was just Manitobans being sensitive.

I don’t even think he said there was more to do, just made a point of saying Edmonton was a good looking city.

Way over-sensitive on some fans part around here.

21 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

From what I read it was mostly that he propped up Edmonton as having more to do. To me that isn’t necessarily a put down of Winnipeg and more that he was embracing his new team’s city in the media. Unless there was more than that I think it was just Manitobans being sensitive.

Its not a bad thing thing to say that the city where you are going to play is an ok place. I guess SF27 is going to have to clarify what he meant by Lawler not being classy. 

Edited by Rod Black

15 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Its not a bad thing thing to say that the city where you are going to play is an ok place. I guess SF27 is going to have to clarify what he meant by Lawler not being classy. 

This.

Lawler's exact words were “I'll say it's a lot bigger than Winnipeg, a lot more scenic”.  He wasn't exactly trashing the city by any means but at the same time he could have given Edmonton praise without comparing it to Winnipeg.  Saying something simple like "Edmonton is a nice big place, it's very scenic" does the same thing without looking like he's putting down Winnipeg.

45 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

This.

Lawler's exact words were “I'll say it's a lot bigger than Winnipeg, a lot more scenic”.  He wasn't exactly trashing the city by any means but at the same time he could have given Edmonton praise without comparing it to Winnipeg.  Saying something simple like "Edmonton is a nice big place, it's very scenic" does the same thing without looking like he's putting down Winnipeg.

It is bigger. It does have scenic features. Evidently Lawler likes that. Wonder what SF will say.

BTW bigg jay, your response displays balance. Well done.

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

This.

Edmonton and winnipeg are basically the same city just Edmonton is bigger and has more money. In terms of scenery they both got rivers and  nothing much else. Point in winnipegs favour big lake not too far away. Edmonton is still like 3 hours from the mountains so not exactly close.

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he's a friggin' KID, for goodness sake. Imagine being 60+ years old and concerned what a 20-something kid says about a city you used to live in 30 years ago....?? Jesus. 

That’s the point. No way Lawler can be taken in the same spirit as the villain Jones. Not even close.

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

he's a friggin' KID, for goodness sake. Imagine being 60+ years old and concerned what a 20-something kid says about a city you used to live in 30 years ago....?? Jesus. 

hey hey guy....we're sensitive people and very protective about our place of birth....In any case I think a lot of people's noses got out of joint when anyone even suggests we don't have the best team and the best city in the country.....Remember when Dieter Brock rubbed us the wrong way about Assinboine Park and the ZOO...I think Kenny most likely thinks that now, Winnipeg and the team he left looks pretty good after that shellacking his new team took in B.C.....It's all good in any event 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Edmonton and winnipeg are basically the same city just Edmonton is bigger and has more money. In terms of scenery they both got rivers and  nothing much else. Point in winnipegs favour big lake not too far away. Edmonton is still like 3 hours from the mountains so not exactly close.

And I defy you to find a nice, sandy beach like Grand Beach or Winnipeg Beach anywhere in Alberta.

Lake Manitoba is a swamp compared to Peggy and her beaches. My family have been water-front Victoria Beach-ers for nearly 100 years and I will fight someone over the pristine beauty of the East Beaches......at least before the zebra mussels took over. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Lake Manitoba is a swamp compared to Peggy and her beaches. My family have been water-front Victoria Beach-ers for nearly 100 years and I will fight someone over the pristine beauty of the East Beaches......at least before the zebra mussels took over. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

As someone who grew up about 5 milea from lake manitoba I am not sure I can really get on board with the cleaner idea... 

You might want to check out St. Ambroise or Steep Rock

Maybe not better, but at minimum just as good

20 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

You might want to check out St. Ambroise or Steep Rock

Maybe not better, but at minimum just as good

Steep Rock is definitely one of the better places on Lake Manitoba,  but I stand by my comments. A lot of that lake is kind of gross.

Now maybe Lake Winnipeg is just as dirty but... I have seen some ****.

Zebra mussels are obviously a pain in the ass....but the water around the matlock/wpg beach area is a lot cleaner these days lol

Imagine being 40+ years old and concerned what a 20-something forum member says about a beach you used to visit 10 years ago….?? Jesus.

(just kidding 😛)