3 stars plus hh battle of the backups

wbbfan

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’m going to be sad to see the Wrs that get cut. I can’t imagine they can keep all the good ones. Despite the lack of starters in the pre season some guys like nunn still didn’t seem to get a good look.

Id like to see agudosoi Blake Jackson muckelvene whop schoen and Simmons stick around. Even at that nunn lucky and harrison could all be deserving of looks from another team or coming back to next years camp. 

if the starters break down to Bailey ellingson woli and demski with grant and schoen rotating one starter one di that’s still 5 guys. I can’t see that many on the pr. Maybe some mysterious injuries take place though. As is I’m expecting McKnight to go to the ir. 

I’m not a big Janarion Grant in the offense supporter, personally. Would rather see us use a guy like Schoen, but I completely understand the concern that it maybe leaves us without a guy who can take the top off a D since between Ellingson, Schoen and Bailey there isn’t really a burner in the bunch.

If it were up to me, I honestly just think I’d go four American receivers. We already have seven Canadians at RB, 3 OL, SB, DT and S … wouldn’t mind seeing a unit of Nic/Bailey/Ellingson/Schoen/Whop to start the year. Knowing the Bombers though, there’s almost no way that’s their plan so I’m curious to see how their O looks. If the plan is to use Janarion to stretch the field, I don’t love it.

Just now, Mike said:

I’m not a big Janarion Grant in the offense supporter, personally. Would rather see us use a guy like Schoen, but I completely understand the concern that it maybe leaves us without a guy who can take the top off a D since between Ellingson, Schoen and Bailey there isn’t really a burner in the bunch.

If it were up to me, I honestly just think I’d go four American receivers. We already have seven Canadians at RB, 3 OL, SB, DT and S … wouldn’t mind seeing a unit of Nic/Bailey/Ellingson/Schoen/Whop to start the year. Knowing the Bombers though, there’s almost no way that’s their plan so I’m curious to see how their O looks. If the plan is to use Janarion to stretch the field, I don’t love it.

I think grant is under rated in his receiving skills. But not polished or a guy you want in every snap. 
 Similarly though schoen has picked things up at an incredible pace especially with his lacks of games since college it’s best not to expect him to start and play 18 regular season games worth of reps plus post season. I think a platoon between those two would be great. 

it’s funny our established guys aren’t deep threats but our rooks mostly are. Especially the guys on the bubble right now. 

starting and extra imp at wr in wolis place wouldn’t help any thing unless they whole sale change that role in the offense. We have the imp depth to go 4 imp though. The imp rbs looked good too. 

im hoping borsa makes the game day and gets some flex plays like demski. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I think grant is under rated in his receiving skills. But not polished or a guy you want in every snap. 
 Similarly though schoen has picked things up at an incredible pace especially with his lacks of games since college it’s best not to expect him to start and play 18 regular season games worth of reps plus post season. I think a platoon between those two would be great. 

it’s funny our established guys aren’t deep threats but our rooks mostly are. Especially the guys on the bubble right now. 

starting and extra imp at wr in wolis place wouldn’t help any thing unless they whole sale change that role in the offense. We have the imp depth to go 4 imp though. The imp rbs looked good too. 

im hoping borsa makes the game day and gets some flex plays like demski. 

They’re gonna have to expand Woli’s role with the new hashmarks or it’s a real waste.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

They’re gonna have to expand Woli’s role with the new hashmarks or it’s a real waste.

I don't think they'll do it, but I think the intention behind the hashmarks was to get a speedy american guy there to stretch the field.

And we're perfectly set up to do it because we already have Demski in the slot.

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah it’s been a big waste of his talent already. I hope our offense evolves and grows and that we keep as many of these blue chip imp wrs as we can. 

20 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I didn’t know that…thanks

The tell tale sign of a team with bad management is cutting and under using good players. It’s stunning how they missed on him. What an amazing win fall for us. And a guy who can contribute on teams right away too. 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

We have one helluva bunch of solid receivers.....I thought we had to spread the ball around a lot, so that nobody really stood out as top dog....okay Bailey but he's a shoe-in.....I hope Schoen and Whop stick around ...after that it's going to be a head scratcher who we keep....Nice problem to have though

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm stoked to see what our 1s look like in practice next week. Zero concerns about the O, but the D has holes I'm still not sure who fills em.... Rose, BA and Maston... There's options, but I'm really curious who the coaches decide to go with in those spots. 

Pretty sure it’s going to be Hallett for BA, Rutledge for Maston and one of Rene/Parker for Rose

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers

No, it’s your fat ass that makes you look fat. 

Did I ace the test?

Sounds like you very well might have. So let’s say you aced it! Those were very hard questions! I didn’t know the answers. For all I know, Genesis is a band, Exodus is what happens after a game, Leviticus is a brand of jeans and numbers are what I use to smoke. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah that was brutal...tried to cut him....guy rolled over..recovered...and was in QB face....but OK OK...I see u hahaha

Takes himself completely out of the play in the process and the Bomber gets up and sacks the qb. And there is suitor for the rest of the game going on and on about the block. What a goof. 16 for winnipeg, I thought he was a around the ball a lot but don't know much about him. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I bet Rose is fine for opener

That’d be wicked. Given the fact no one is saying any thing and the report was it isn’t season ending the boot may be really preventative. I sure hope that’s the case. 

honestly most of the dbs looked capable of executing their role in the hall coverage scheme. I’m not too worried about the spots we have to fill. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yeah I’m not sure Jamarion is the take top off guy either, more of a shifty guy than a top end speed guy.

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah I’m not sure Jamarion is the take top off guy either, more of a shifty guy than a top end speed guy.

Taking the top off is just as much about getting open as it is being fast.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Sort of but the guy has to be a threat to out run the coverage/DBs and make a contested catch.  We’re really talking about one route in the “take the top off” guy.

The reason why Lapo is always horny to have one guy like that is for spacing and sure it makes sense to open up a dig or out but the field is also wide so unless the guy is an actual threat the D moves to worry about the actual threats.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

If you arent fast enough to get the db out of his back peddle you aren't taking the top off. Its 100% about having enough speed, then about having the trade craft / polish to put the db in a bad position then explode. If you have elite speed you can take the top off but wont be consistent doing it. 

You can make up for top end speed with explosive quickness and by being crafty. But a guy like jamie stoddard or robert gordon could never be a guy who does it even as consistently as the random track guy with minimal football experience. 

Grant has the explosiveness, but isn't a top gear kind of guy. 

3 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Sounds like you very well might have. So let’s say you aced it! Those were very hard questions! I didn’t know the answers. For all I know, Genesis is a band, Exodus is what happens after a game, Leviticus is a brand of jeans and numbers are what I use to smoke. 

Darned close! D&D nerd popping in to say a dodecahedron has 20 vertexes but only 12 faces (a d12, me and the other nerds would call it)... a 20 sided dice (d20) is an icosahedron! And before you ask, yes, I'm a 40 year old virgin

The_more_you_know01.jpg