2021 Grey Cup GDT - Bombers vs. Tiger-Cats

TrueBlue4ever

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Taiter says Castillo just hit from 60 and 61 in warm up. Wind is gusting. 

My friends are lame with families, and I'm super particular about who I watch the game with, so it's just the wife and I. Crown Royal (Gimli) and Farmery (Neepawa) for the drinks today. Let's go Blue!!! 

I’m completely with you on being very particular on who I can watch Bomber and Jet games with. I’ve been like that since day 1!

Times have changed for me. 
Just at home with the family. Don’t drink anymore but I’ve got my trusty bong to partake and take the edge off. 

I hosted a huge Grey Cup party in 07. Got blackout drunk. The only thing I remember is yelling about “Indisputable evidence” for hours on end, and waking up to find I’d thrown a kitchen chair outside. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m completely with you on being very particular on who I can watch Bomber and Jet games with. I’ve been like that since day 1!

The wrong crowd can ruin the experience for me, especially in important games. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There was a time when "Bombers in the GC" was a holy day and you'd throw your own mother out of the way to get to a GC party.... But times change. Wife and I will party enough for a whole group!! :)

It's more so the whole job thing. They expect me to be there every weekday... in the morning! I don't know how you people do that for so many years without blowing your brains out.

The one thing (only?) thing this site lacks is the ability to share pictures from your phone. I wish I could show you guys my setup right now.... For booze, food and just general atmosphere. We finally got around to finishing our basement and decided to build a shrine to the Bombers. Today is exactly what it was built for. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's more so the whole job thing. They expect me to be there every weekday... in the morning! I don't know how you people do that for so many years without blowing your brains out.

I kid of course.... We miss you guys up here but it's tough with work first thing on Mon AM.... 

The first years I had 2 Bomber season tickets & I just graduated high school, I took a very pretty girl I liked as my date to the game. I explained the rules of the game to her, who the qbs were & other players on the two teams on the field. I was giving her a blow by blow play by play explanation of the game as it went along. At halftime, I asked her what she thought. She said she liked the Bombers home uniforms. But she said she had one question. I said sure, go ahead. She asked, "Who's playing???" The guy in front of me one seat to my left just shook his head & started laughing.... 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

The one thing (only?) thing this site lacks is the ability to share pictures from your phone. I wish I could show you guys my setup right now.... For booze, food and just general atmosphere. We finally got around to finishing our basement and decided to build a shrine to the Bombers. Today is exactly what it was built for. 

I kid of course.... We miss you guys up here but it's tough with work first thing on Mon AM.... 

It kills me, it really does, but bringing everyone up would be more trouble than it's worth (and we wouldn't get there til halftime at best) and if I go myself then *scene missing* fired for still being drunk at work.

I'm watching the first half of the game at home .   Then I'm going to head to my father's to watch the remainder of the game with him.  He's getting up there in age and has health issues. I don't know how many more moments like this I'll get to enjoy with him.

Go Blue!!!! Bring it home again!

4 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Times have changed for me. 
Just at home with the family. Don’t drink anymore but I’ve got my trusty bong to partake and take the edge off. 

I hosted a huge Grey Cup party in 07. Got blackout drunk. The only thing I remember is yelling about “Indisputable evidence” for hours on end, and waking up to find I’d thrown a kitchen chair outside. 

Bong. Nice. Alcohol not mandatory. All good. Sometimes we learn the hard way on things. I know I have living on this planet as a human being. :)

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Okay, thought they may have been kids. My son who lives in Calgary (35) is coming over with his wife. I was going to suggest coaching your kids in football but they might be a little too old. Lol. My 31 year old son in Seattle will be watching on ESPN with his wife.

Nope...all grown and coached up haha...

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I hate watching important games with casuals. I would rather just be alone. 

I hear you.  Invited various people over (once vaccinations were in effect) to watch games during the season and no one could be bothered.  Then of course this week I get calls all week "so you having me over for the GC?"  I'm like - you didn't watch a game all year and now suddenly you're a fan?  Get bent...

Edited by kelownabomberfan