GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs

JCon

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

"If that is a tribute to indigenous peoples. It’s a fail.
I’m sure some people appreciate it. I’m sure they could have covered the logo in x’s or o’s and claim it honours indigenous peoples as well and some would appreciate it."

Welcome to Saskatchewan.

They're just trash. 

EDIT: Adding for clarity, the poster is just trash. Not all of RF or Saskatchewan. I have family in Saskatchewan - they're trash but their neighbours aren't. 

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I had initially thought to post this but chose not to out of a vain attempt to look classy.

I had thought to post this too, but did not. Not because of some attempt to look classy, but because I could nor type fast enough to beat Noeller to the punch(line). 

I’m sure your girlfriend is a lovely person. Nice to see her fraternizing with the Elk players and giving their male libidos some positive vibes. Charity work is important. 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Is it rutting season already?

Just rewatched the Lions game last night.

I think instead of putting McKnight in for Lawler, they should just dress one less player on offense, just to make the game fair for the Elks.

Should probably spot them 10 points too.

Let’s not get cocky. I don’t want a single 2001 vibe around here. 

53 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'm expecting big things from Adams and Demski today.  Rewatching the game, you could see how active Adams is even when the ball isn't getting thrown his way.

As much as I hate to quote Suitor, he pointed out that the Bombers weren't really going to Lawler that much in the previous 3 games, so I don't think we will feel that much pain from his loss.

Our D is just so damn good right now.

giphy.gif

I don’t think Adams will ever get the due he is owed for his downfield blocking skills. I can’t recall anyone better as a receiver, and it just does not get brought up enough. Just another sign of the team identity that we are lucky to see with this squad. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, itchy said:

Couldn't help but laugh at some of the prediction comments;

HODGE: When do tickets for the West Final go on sale? BOMBERS

ABBOTT: Winnipeg is the best team in the league and Edmonton is a flaming manure truck careening towards a canyon. BOMBERS

BALLANTINE: You know it’s a bad week in Edmonton when getting blown out by Winnipeg is the third worst L of the week. BOMBERS

GASSON: Edmonton is bad. Real bad. Winnipeg is the opposite. BOMBERS 

LUDWIG: I badly wanted to do it, but ultimately the only way you pick Edmonton is if you’re angling for a job with 630 CHED. BOMBER

MCGUIRE: Losing Kenny Lawler hurts, but not enough to fall short at home to this dumpster fire. BOMBERS

SMITH: It has been a bad week in Edmonton and it’s going to get worse when they get molly-whopped by Winnipeg. BOMBER

I've been laughing about "Molly Whopped" all morning....hilarious. 

1 hour ago, itchy said:

Couldn't help but laugh at some of the prediction comments;

HODGE: When do tickets for the West Final go on sale? BOMBERS

ABBOTT: Winnipeg is the best team in the league and Edmonton is a flaming manure truck careening towards a canyon. BOMBERS

BALLANTINE: You know it’s a bad week in Edmonton when getting blown out by Winnipeg is the third worst L of the week. BOMBERS

GASSON: Edmonton is bad. Real bad. Winnipeg is the opposite. BOMBERS 

LUDWIG: I badly wanted to do it, but ultimately the only way you pick Edmonton is if you’re angling for a job with 630 CHED. BOMBER

MCGUIRE: Losing Kenny Lawler hurts, but not enough to fall short at home to this dumpster fire. BOMBERS

SMITH: It has been a bad week in Edmonton and it’s going to get worse when they get molly-whopped by Winnipeg. BOMBER

This is funny... but it still feels weird being that team... I always feel much better when everyone is counting us out...

Trap game here big time. I'm still not used to expecting my local pro sports team to win tho so this is weird to me. Do we as fans deserve to be knocked down a peg? I'd say no cuz this has never happened in my cheering for local pro sports teams life 

Goldeyes and Moose weren't and aren't pro 

Edited by Goalie

That logo.......designed by a respected indigenous graphic designer........is spectacular. Also of note, the orange jerseys that the team is wearing during warm-ups will be auctioned off after the game for charities that get indigenous youth into sports. I'm hoping to bid on one myself....great jersey, and even better cause. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Trap game here big time 

I think it would be in Edmonton....a lot more confidence with a home game. But honesty, you could say every game from here on out is a trap game...

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is funny... but it still feels weird being that team... I always feel much better when everyone is counting us out...

I am happy being THAT team as long as they just treat it as business as usual. Don’t like seeing any Swaggerville or “good team but a bunch of jerks” portrayal. Be the team that no one can find anything to criticize about except for “it is frustrating that they are so damn good and so humble at the same time”. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Trap game here big time. I'm still not used to expecting my local pro sports team to win tho so this is weird to me. Do we as fans deserve to be knocked down a peg? I'd say no cuz this has never happened in my cheering for local pro sports teams life 

Goldeyes and Moose weren't and aren't pro 

Idk normally yeah, but at home? I dont think they guys are capable of a trap game especially at home. 

A fun fact about those orange jerseys.. atleast should be factual In my view.. 

Turns out the Bombers walked in to BCs dressing room after the game last week and just Said.. those belong to us now. They took their jerseys and added a sweet design for a logo just like they took BCs manhood last week. I'd say virginity but we been bending BC over for a while now 

12 dollar ELK burgers.. cooked by students. Enjoy 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I am happy being THAT team as long as they just treat it as business as usual. Don’t like seeing any Swaggerville or “good team but a bunch of jerks” portrayal. Be the team that no one can find anything to criticize about except for “it is frustrating that they are so damn good and so humble at the same time”. 

Don't get me wrong... I agree that it's far more satisfying than the 2011 Swag team or, especially, the 2013/2005 laughing stock... it's just an odd feeling... I'm not old enough to remember the 80s... closest thing I've seen to this in my lifetime is 2001... but even that year the second and third (and fifth 😜) place teams felt closer to the Bombers... this year it feels like no one is close...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Don't get me wrong... I agree that it's far more satisfying than the 2011 Swag team or, especially, the 2013/2005 laughing stock... it's just an odd feeling... I'm not old enough to remember the 80s... closest thing I've seen to this in my lifetime is 2001... but even that year the second and third (and fifth 😜) place teams felt closer to the Bombers... this year it feels like no one is close...

2001 had some other good teams. Montreal was still Montreal, Hamilton was good in that era. The west was what it was, a bunch of mediocre teams.... now though bunch of useless teams and only one actual good team, few mediocre teams that have better records than they should.

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Agreed, this 7-1 team is a much better 7-1 team than swaggerville. 

Also, I feel that this team is one that I can feel proud of being our team.

The vibe I get from this team is they are comparing their success to their own play and work- measuring themselves against themselves- instead of comparing themselves against other teams. A very solid sign of a mature team.

Ooooor I could be completely out to lunch and find out that Brandon Alexander is selling "swag bombs" t-shirts out of the trunk of his car.  Oh God, the cringe....

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

11 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, this 7-1 team is a much better 7-1 team than swaggerville. 

Also, I feel that this team is one that I can feel proud of being our team.

The vibe I get from this team is they are comparing their success to their own play and work- measuring themselves against themselves- instead of comparing themselves against other teams. A very solid sign of a mature team.

Ooooor I could be completely out to lunch and find out that Brandon Alexander is selling "swag bombs" t-shirts out of the trunk of his car.  Oh God, the cringe....

I don't understand the hate for swaggerville.

At that moment in time, when we were 7-1, it was my absolute favourite time I;ve ever had as a Bomber fan. That was an incredible summer.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

At that moment in time, when we were 7-1, it was my absolute favourite time I;ve ever had as a Bomber fan. That was an incredible summer.

Anybody paying attention knew that the Offense wasn't good enough and/or the offensive strategy was poor and it was going to catch up to them at some point.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Until the summer ended on LDC. 

I don't mind the players having some attitude, they have a chance to back it up; however, the organization took out an ad (a billboard) mocking the 1-7 Riders. Not so classy. I don't mind the fans ribbing the opponents but the team shouldn't be trashing one another. Twitter jokes are fine, IMO. 

Edited by JCon