"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)

Noeller

1 minute ago, JCon said:

It's a few days after the back-to-back destruction of the all mighty Criders. I think it's apropos to reflect and discuss. 

But, you're the one coming to the Bomber site, so not at all obsessed.

All things Bombers live in the heads of most there, and reverts back to the usual stuff...1991 thing...yest they still fail to see they have 4 cups in over 100 years....taking a dump in a plant...yet the dumper was a Saskatchewan resident...fail to mention that part...AH trace amount drug thing, yet they have had several guys over last several years test fully positive...same ol same ol when u live in a place with nothing

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a few days after the back-to-back destruction of the all mighty Criders. I think it's apropos to reflect and discuss. 

But, you're the one coming to the Bomber site, so not at all obsessed.

Nah man. Just want to talk football, but if my boys are just bashed at every turn, it’s slightly less appealing :) 

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Nah man. Just want to talk football, but if my boys are just bashed at every turn, it’s slightly less appealing :) 

There's lots of talk here. These are just general purpose threads for all things Bombers this week. Reflecting and looking forward. 

I mean yesterday's news of Harris' "injury" added 4 pages to this thread. 

7 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

well stop the bashing on your site...then we can all co-exist with fruitful fun discussion lol

36 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I come in here to see how this board functions when you guys aren’t playing the Riders, and this thread is largely just talking Riders, are you 100% sure we’re the ones who are “obsessed”?

We are basking in the back to back victories over a division rival. Go be salty somewhere else. 

46 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I come in here to see how this board functions when you guys aren’t playing the Riders, and this thread is largely just talking Riders, are you 100% sure we’re the ones who are “obsessed”?

The week of thread is always a good chunk of left over talk from the previous game. Check any other week of thread. We are obsessed with winning. Rider fans are obsessed with bombers.  

But since you are here shouldnt a punch to the un protected head like this be a suspension? Has leonard been cut yet for being on drugs refusing a piss test and abusing a cfl official? Just curious. 

24 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Take a look at some of your own threads and fb. the rider faithful are pretty toxic. We check our selfs here. You can see many threads with people talking about none rider stuff checking each other. Its not an ecochamber. You should stick around you might enjoy it here if you just wanna talk football. We have some growing Xs and Os talk. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I'm disappointed Stove couldn't get back. But, I'm interested to see what Mourtada has to offer.

Same. Healthy stove, grant, and kyrie from being in a really good spot. As well as our kicking situation. Hope hakuna mourtada plays well. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Has anyone got a clip of Mourtada place kicking ....or any film on him period???? 

He has a lot of work out and nfl virtual try out / training videos. 

Damn I didnt know it would spam his whole instatwitterbook feed. 

Just now, Stickem said:

Can't quite pick up our player's name on his jersey after that 'sucker punch' by Johnson...Think it's time to be like Gordie Howe did back in the day....take a players number and 'ask a few questions' on their next meeting..What a cheap shot by a chap shot artist

Its harris geting punched. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I think I'm going to call this kid "The Prince"..... here's hoping for a good outing tomorrow. Still have faith in The Leg. Just have to be patient. 

He's all hakuna mourtada I expect him to be cool as a mfer. 

He has tremendous talent in that leg. Idk how he didnt get picked up by some one at some point. Sticking to it for soo long really makes me want to see this guy succeed. Hes like vince papale, or rudy or some thing. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He's all hakuna mourtada I expect him to be cool as a mfer. 

He has tremendous talent in that leg. Idk how he didnt get picked up by some one at some point. Sticking to it for soo long really makes me want to see this guy succeed. Hes like vince papale, or rudy or some thing. 

lol. Thats clearly going to be his nickname.

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Can't quite pick up our player's name on his jersey after that 'sucker punch' by Johnson...Think it's time to be like Gordie Howe did back in the day....take a players number and 'ask a few questions' on their next meeting..What a cheap shot by a chap shot artist

it was Harris...and glad that clip was shown here.....peice of ****...but funny how nobody seems to be whinning about that.

the best part was Neufeld picking him up outta the fray and slamming him to the turf!

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

John Rush does a weekly thing here on the local radio station in Steinbach he has some interesting takes on the Riders amoungst other things.

https://www.steinbachonline.com/country-107/bombs-away-former-blue-bomber-john-rush-talks-week-2-coach-o-shea-fighting-elks-preview-and-more

Thats sweet, does rush live in steincrack? Tbh Id take rush back on our teams in a heart beat. Soo far its a great listen thanks for sharing. 

40 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Harris gets burned at the stake by RF but Micah is a saint? How strong are those drugs over there???

Edited by Nolby

Just now, Noeller said:

I was wondering what happened to Rush. Did he just decide to retire? Cause he's still young isn't he? 

think was more a matter of $$....for his role we can fill it cheaper with rookies and 1st/2nd yr guys....and I think he was a its a Bombers or nothing type of guy

Just now, Nolby said:

Harris gets burned at the stake by RF but Micah is a saint? How strong are those drugs over there???

Too strong to take a piss test. Itll make you slap your official.

Just now, Noeller said:

I was wondering what happened to Rush. Did he just decide to retire? Cause he's still young isn't he? 

Just 27. I wanna say he wasn't re upped and didnt get an offer. Sad, I think they wanted to move forward with some of our young NI back ups, but at this point our teams needs help imo.