Week 3 Practice Notes & Discussions

M.O.A.B.

Last week in warmups Crapinga was trying field goals from 50....and hit the crossbar two kicks in a row. Later Leggio kicked one cleanly through with some room to spare from 53. But can he do it when there's bad guys around?? There's been many comments about the fall-off from Harris to Oliviera in this thread, and I would like to mention that there's an even bigger fall-off in our kicking game. Medlock was outstanding, and a sure-fire HOF member coming up.  Leggio has tons of potential no doubt, and I think we have to grind it out with him this year.

34 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Last week in warmups Crapinga was trying field goals from 50....and hit the crossbar two kicks in a row. Later Leggio kicked one cleanly through with some room to spare from 53. But can he do it when there's bad guys around?? There's been many comments about the fall-off from Harris to Oliviera in this thread, and I would like to mention that there's an even bigger fall-off in our kicking game. Medlock was outstanding, and a sure-fire HOF member coming up.  Leggio has tons of potential no doubt, and I think we have to grind it out with him this year.

I mentioned today that medlock and willy were the next 2 closest to Harris in the league for MOP. And if we had medlock this year we'd a put up 30 points in each game. 

In the off season we pined for walker and were happy with Bryant but right now medlock or a meddy tier k p ko guy would be the biggest single addition we could make right now. 

Leggs has been very good as a punter so far. His ko hss not been great. But them getting crappy to kick over him and not trusting crappy to kick out side of 40 yards worries me a bunch. If a top notch k comes available I think we will be all over it. 

48 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I think the most important thing for this week is on the line. Our o'line in particular had a very rough night last week and has to be better.

There were many times last week that Toronto shot themselves in the foot...or feet at times. Penalties and poor play from MBT and Arbuckle. Personally I'm worried about the game this week. Could be a close one!

It wasn't really bad. The thing is to played with 6 to 8 guys in the box. The dhbs were just out side and frequently jumped in. We used a bit of trips and heavy set to counter it and smashed them with it. When we play when play action to counter pressure it worked great too. 

We need to use some inside zone runs, rpo, off tackle runs, deep balls, play action and audibles at the line when they stack the box. Penalties also killed our biggest runs. 

We showed some of that stuff enough to be ready to beat them and run well this week.  I'm pretty confident buck will be ready with a killer game plan. He adjusted well in the 2nd half. 

The argos missed a few good chances but a lot of the misses were because Jake and Sayles collapsed the pocket in seconds. Both QB's missed big shots because Jake had the center in their lap at 2 steps. 

Yeah, stop the run was clearly Job 1 for the Argos last week. Tons of guys in the box clogging their gaps.

And in the end, it didn't matter. Zach passed for nearly 300 yards, our D gave em nothing except for the Arbuckle drive, and we won comfortably.

Interesting thing: we haven't scored a TD from the red zone yet.   Zach / Demski / Lawler / Bailey doing damage from outside the 20.

Edited by johnzo

39 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Seems like my basic package has been changed to TSN 3 not 1, and they are not broadcasting on 3 , miss the days of being able to watch on other channels...damn TSN.

If you log in on line you can stream all the channels. 

I think another former cfl leg or two are down south. Or maybe the next golden leg. I doubt ty long ever comes back. Maybe maher. 

Or maybe when the rbs realize the season is lost they would trade Ward for picks. 

Edited by wbbfan

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If you log in on line you can stream all the channels. 

I think another former cfl leg or two are down south. Or maybe the next golden leg. I doubt ty long ever comes back. Maybe maher. 

Or maybe when the rbs realize the season is lost they would trade Ward for picks. 

Yes i wanted to record it as well, since its an afternoon game but thnks for the info..

14 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bombers made some roster adjustments today. McKnight is now on the practice roster. Stewart has been moved from injured to the practice roster but may get moved to the active roster tomorrow.

And Kevin Brown is now on the active roster.

Yup, looks like Brown will be activated. McKnight and Rivers are off to PR. Could Darby will be in as well? Will be interesting to see the depth chart in a bit. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 hours ago, johnzo said:

Yeah, stop the run was clearly Job 1 for the Argos last week. Tons of guys in the box clogging their gaps.

And in the end, it didn't matter. Zach passed for nearly 300 yards, our D gave em nothing except for the Arbuckle drive, and we won comfortably.

Interesting thing: we haven't scored a TD from the red zone yet.   Zach / Demski / Lawler / Bailey doing damage from outside the 20.

They gotta hang 400 yards and 2 - 3 passing TDs on the next team that stacks the box.

Run some hot routes and make them pay. 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

They would be but. Pretty much have 3 guys Thomas/Kongbo and Briggs that rotate in and out. 

And Gauthier and Hallett in different packages.

The more concerning part to me is if Wolitarsky goes out.  At that point we're basically down to keeping two backs/6 OL on the field at all times, and if one of them goes down it'll be a real scramble.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And Gauthier and Hallett in different packages.

The more concerning part to me is if Wolitarsky goes out.  At that point we're basically down to keeping two backs/6 OL on the field at all times, and if one of them goes down it'll be a real scramble.

They got Tyrell as a back up wr. If wolly goes down he will come in.