IG Field - New Game Day Protocols, Bussing, Tickets, etc. thread

JCon

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can only speak to what I saw....

The young man who scanned my card wasn't checking ID. Just scan and go. Also, security reminded him TWICE to stay in one place and not try to work up and down the line, potentially missing people. 

Thanks JCon!  Disappointed to hear they weren't doing a great job checking. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah the concessions were terrible. 30+ minute wait for beer and lines that went on for days. They need to add some staff and speed up the process big time.

I think it's a matter of having the staff that they DO have on knowing what to do and doing it well / efficiently .. the real problem was people milling around, poorly defined lines for queues and just the general shitshow of having 30K people out at the stadium for the first time in two years.

53 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Didn't attend but am curious about how the vaccine checks went. Heard anecdotally that they weren't checking some people at all.

It wasnt great but it was unprecedented so not surprised. They had QR scanner people that would come to you in line and scan your QR code + ID before you got to the ticket checker. So by the time you got to the ticket checkers, they would have just assumed that you would have already had your QR code scanned. Problem was people were standing in one line, getting fed up, then jumping in a new line. So i imagine it was really hard for these QR checkers to remember who they scanned and who they didnt yet. It seemed like it would have been really easy for someone to bypass the QR checkers and just go directly to the ticket scanners. Hopefully that wasnt happening.

One thing they can do to improve the gate entry, which wasn't great for gate 4, coming off the buses, is having staff direct people. Let people know where the shortest lines are and what's going on. If you got off the bus between 6 and 6:30, the line was huge and it wasn't clear that you could move around. Only when you got close, could you see. Hopefully, they can improve that experience for the next game. But, I doubt we'll see a crowd like that for the Argos. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It wasnt great but it was unprecedented so not surprised. They had QR scanner people that would come to you in line and scan your QR code + ID before you got to the ticket checker. So by the time you got to the ticket checkers, they would have just assumed that you would have already had your QR code scanned. Problem was people were standing in one line, getting fed up, then jumping in a new line. So i imagine it was really hard for these QR checkers to remember who they scanned and who they didnt yet. It seemed like it would have been really easy for someone to bypass the QR checkers and just go directly to the ticket scanners. Hopefully that wasnt happening.

Yeah, I think the issue is exactly as someone else said where they were going down the line and not just waiting in one spot.  I got scanned by one guy, and then asked by 2 more  if I had been checked yet.  If they stay in one spot, nobody gets missed, but I think they were trying to make sure it didn't slow down the lines at all.  I'm hopeful that even if they did miss some people, that they were vaccinated because everybody should have known that it was a requirement to get it.

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Saw more than a few instances of this last night while my wife and I entered the stadium.  We moved well through our queue and the people assisting / checking us did a great job but I can't say the same for lines adjacent to us.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Lines for concessions is one thing.

having 100 people in line because there’s one guy running the register, pouring beers and grabbing the food while his 5 coworkers stand around doing nothing is kind of poop.

The vendors were a mess, no question about that... but the Bomber lost a whole ton of money by not being able to sell more booze... if there's one thing I know about the Wade Miller era of management it's when there's money to be made, he'll make sure it gets made... and if there's a major problem in the stadium, he'll fix it, ASAP (ok, that's two things)...

Edited by bearpants

Some concessions were bad. I didn't have a single problem the entire night. Driving there, the only place that got backed up was near Kelvin High school. Smooth sailing after. I got there and say a line that went from the stadium to university Cresent....so I just walked an extra 5 meters (no lie) and joined the next line which was about 10 people deep. Got checked and was in. No hassle at all. Went up to my seats, grabbed a couple beers after waiting behind two people. 

Sat down for a bit, went back to grab some food. Probably the longest wait of the night....about 15min. Noticed the one beer line was legit 40 people deep...figured I'd wait till the game started, but turned to my left and the beer kiosk in the middle was empty...went there and grabbed some more beer, no wait.

After the game, I didn't hang around like I normally do, just straight back to the car(gold lot) Sat in the car for about 15min waiting for the line to move and then was gone.

Some of you sound like you just sat around in lines, try looking for other options next time, you'll save yourself a bunch of time.

One thing I’ll comment on that hasn’t been mentioned yet: the new jumbotron layout is horrible. Way too busy and hard to read. 

Sitting in the end zone, you have no hope in hell of being able to read what down/yardage it is when it’s crammed in the top left corner like that. Kept having to turn around and read the one behind me, but then you miss the action. 😕

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

One thing I’ll comment on that hasn’t been mentioned yet: the new jumbotron layout is horrible. Way too busy and hard to read. 

Sitting in the end zone, you have no hope in hell of being able to read what down/yardage it is when it’s crammed in the top left corner like that. Kept having to turn around and read the one behind me, but then you miss the action. 😕

YES!!!! And, why no STATS?

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The vendors, security, event day staff, volunteers... all wore masks to protect us fans. It wasn't hard for me to do the same in return for them. Its just a matter of being decent and respectful, not ignorant or fearful.

Being polite to strangers is optional but I do it anyway. I see this much the same.

I assume  that would not apply to Rider fans, and they are VERY strange.

23 hours ago, itchy said:

Anyone coming in still and seeing this- avoid gate 1 and 4 at all costs.

Came in my gate 2 and absolutely zero hassle

Gate 4 went extremely fast. maybe 12 minutes on avg. However there was the 1 line that went back deep cause everyone stood in 1 line and not move to the other 8 choices

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Sorry guys, I removed all the covid related posts.

My patience for the 'covid is not a big deal' posts, has gone to absolute 0

More football talk please!

Mark. I sent you a private message on your issues with covid. 

8 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah the concessions were terrible. 30+ minute wait for beer and lines that went on for days. They need to add some staff and speed up the process big time.

According to the Blue Bombers email that I received from management about the matter that 2 issues were the problem. 1) Many staff didn't show up to work 2) New staff that had no knowledge of how to run a concession. 

They know the problem and promise changes