IG Field - New Game Day Protocols, Bussing, Tickets, etc. thread

JCon

I wanted to start a thread that discusses the changes in the protocols and whatnot about getting to the stadium and our experiences once there.

1. TICKETS There is already discussion about the mobile tickets here: 

But here are some links...

Link to Mobile Ticket Guide: https://www.bluebombers.com/mobile-ticketing
Link to PDF instructions: https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/07/Bombers_MobileTickets.pdf

You need the app:

Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ticketmaster/id500003565
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ticketmaster.mobile.android.na

Make sure you have the BLUE app. The old GOLD one is no longer valid. 

I discovered today that you can link your Ticketmaster and your Bomber accounts. I was able to see my season tickets in the app and the extras I purchased through Ticketmaster for the Banjo Bowl. 

2. TRANSPORTATION (Parking, Park & Ride, Biking)

PARKING remains $20 to park near the stadium. You can purchase tickets here and see the map: https://www.bluebombers.com/tickets/game-day-parking/

They have a value lot ($5), which is the "B" lot for those that are familiar with UofM parking lots. It's a good hike and will take you about 10-15 minutes each way to get to the stadium and back. The issue I've had parking there in the past is that you're behind all the traffic and it takes while to get out. That was based on a my experience a couple of years ago, so it may be smoother now. 

PARK & RIDE

More information: https://www.bluebombers.com/park-and-ride/ 

Route 1 – McPhillips Station – 484 McPhillips Street

Route 2 – Club Regent – 1425 Regent Ave West.

Route 3 – Hudson’s Bay at St. Vital Centre – 86-1225 St. Mary’s Road

Route 4 – St. Norbert Hotel – 3540 Pembina Highway

Route 5 – at Assiniboia Downs – The Assiniboia Downs Park & Ride

Cost: Remains $5 per person 12 and over. Cash or digital payment methods 

THERE IS NO LONGER PARK AND RIDE FROM TAYLOR or GRANT PARK. 

NEW for 2021 – Winnipeg Transit Park & Ride (replaces 2019 Grant Park Mall Park and Ride)

Choose one of the following two locations to access the BLUE rapid transit line:

Seel Station Park and Ride – 1550 Seel Ave.

Clarence Station Park and Ride – 1240 Clarence Ave.

Cost: Winnipeg Transit Fare $3.05 (pay when you get on bus and when you leave after the game) for anyone 12 and over. Transit does NOT charge for children 11 and under, as long as they're with a paying adult. 

BIKING 

Same as before, no changes. 800 spots and no charge for the valet. 

3. STADIUM PROTOCOLS https://www.bluebombers.com/2021-stadium-protocols/

1. Manitoba Immunization QR Code - you need to prove that you're double vaxxed. 
  2. Mobile Tickets - mentioned earlier
  3. Cashless Venue - everything it electronic payments now. No cash. 
  4. Fan Health Promise - you better be healthy if you're going!
  5. Know Your Gate - you MUST enter through your designated gate.
  6. Face Coverings - masks must be worn in the indoor common areas but not outdoors (ie seats). 
  7. Parking and Transportation - mentioned earlier

4. Week One Info - August 5th

Here's a link to the Game Day guide: https://www.bluebombers.com/game-day-guide-august-5-2021/

Gates open at 6pm. Game starts at 7:30pm

GAME DAY SPECIALS

$5.00 355ml cans of Coors Original, Coors Light Beer – Available from 6:00PM – 7:30 PM

$3.00 Fountain Drink – Available from 6:00PM – 7:30PM

$3.00 Hot Dogs – Available all game

Defend the cup t-shirt: $24.99 – Regular price: $29.50

Championship Replica Ring – $49.99
Season ticket member price: $34.99

----------

Please let me know if there is any other info I should include here. I'll update things as we learn about them.

Edited by JCon

Great idea to start this thread, JCon.

I still have the GOLD app and it works fine.  I transferred my tickets into my wallet, no problem.  Is there something I’m missing with the BLUE app?

Kinda bummed that they dropped the Hydro lot park and ride.  Thought that was one of the more popular spots.  Not a huge deal.

Still not sure I’ve wrapped my head around the fact that I’ll be in the stadium in 2 days.  Whooooot!

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Great idea to start this thread, JCon.

I still have the GOLD app and it works fine.  I transferred my tickets into my wallet, no problem.  Is there something I’m missing with the BLUE app?

Kinda bummed that they dropped the Hydro lot park and ride.  Thought that was one of the more popular spots.  Not a huge deal.

Still not sure I’ve wrapped my head around the fact that I’ll be in the stadium in 2 days.  Whooooot!

According to the site, it says it's no longer active. Better to be safe and download the new app. 

I was super bummed about Taylor being dropped. Technically, the park and ride from Seel or Clarence are closer but it won't be easier getting out when the buses arrive. I thought Taylor had the best location. 

Also, now I need a Peggo card to save a few cents per ride (but it costs $5 for the card). At least the youngin gets to ride for free. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be as smooth as an experience as the previous park and ride set up. 

Just a heads up... the roads around the East side of the stadium (University Cres, Dafoe) are under repair and direct access to Kings Dr is cut of with a detour leading you through the campus. This will no doubt slow traffic, and constrcution barriers/snow fencing will make some peoples walks a bit longer.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

According to the site, it says it's no longer active. Better to be safe and download the new app. 

I was super bummed about Taylor being dropped. Technically, the park and ride from Seel or Clarence are closer but it won't be easier getting out when the buses arrive. I thought Taylor had the best location. 

Also, now I need a Peggo card to save a few cents per ride (but it costs $5 for the card). At least the youngin gets to ride for free. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be as smooth as an experience as the previous park and ride set up. 

Im in the same boat. For this game I'm going to use the rapid transit and try to get to the game early. For future games I might try the Fionn's option. Only issue I have for the 1st game is they plan on departing 1 hour before kickoff and I want to be at the game a bit sooner than that.

I see that there's a park and ride from Hat Trick's for those in the west end.... $25 and you get a $25 voucher to use for food/drink at HT's before or after the game. Good deal, for sure. I think we'll definitely be using one of the bar park and rides on the 29th......absolutely can't wait. 

21 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Just a heads up... the roads around the East side of the stadium (University Cres, Dafoe) are under repair and direct access to Kings Dr is cut of with a detour leading you through the campus. This will no doubt slow traffic, and constrcution barriers/snow fencing will make some peoples walks a bit longer.

Construction on or around Pembina??? Unheard of!  :D

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Thats seems really stupid....

Youre going to funnel 30,000+ people into one gate. Dear god.

I agree.  That’s not good news.  I was prepared for a very slow entry, but it sounds like it could be a virtual standstill.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The one gate thing seems wrong based on this from the guide the team sent out:

Enter IG Field through your assigned gate. Gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff for all Winnipeg Blue Bombers games.

Yeah, I remembered reading that, so I hope it’s still accurate.  Gate 1 is my normal gate, so I’ll be there anyway.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Gate 3 or 4 is my normal assigned gate given where I park, and my ticket says gate 1. I am puzzled by it too, but that’s what I was told. 

You're assigned gate isn't where you park. It's what your ticket says. So unfortunately you got some walkin to do.

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're assigned gate isn't where you park. It's what your ticket says. So unfortunately you got some walkin to do.

I know. But the lots usually lined up with which gates you used in the past. Gate 4 had been my assigned gate in the past. Anyway, if anyone has a ticket that has a gate other than gate 1 listed, please advise, otherwise we will all be going in at Gate 1.