Covid-19

JCon

22 hours ago, bustamente said:

Was at Lowe's this morning and I have to say the wife and I were in the minority mask wise, maybe that's a sign that people are trying to look and get back to normal or maybe people are just plain tired of putting them on.

I’ve stopped wearing mine. 

Michael Flynn endorses 'insane' COVID-19 conspiracy theory that claims vaccines turn people into zombies

Retired Army Lieutenant General and disgraced ex-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is a notorious peddler of outlandish conspiracy theories, especially those that originate inside QAnon or spew from the pouty lips of former President Donald Trump.

In particular, Flynn, a Trump-pardoned convicted felon, has focused much of his paranoia on ginning up opposition to COVID-19 vaccines and sowing doubts about the nature of SARS-COV-2. For example, Flynn has claimed that the inoculations were covertly added to salad dressings by the "Deep State" to secretly poison unsuspecting Americans. Flynn has also stated that a “global elite type of people” engineered the coronavirus pandemic to prepare the world for their next artificially-concocted outbreak, which Flynn believes "is potentially another type of virus that’s imposed on the public."

Part of that scheme, Flynn maintained, was that a shadowy cabal of international powerbrokers intended to exploit the crisis as a means of stealing the 2020 election away from Trump.

But on Sunday, Flynn endorsed yet another fringe – and absolutely looney – conservative delusion about COVID-19 vaccinations during an appearance on right-wing radio host Clay Clark's ReAwaken America Tour.

This latest ill-begotten contention was put forth on May 1st by disinformation podcaster Jeffrey Prather. Here are the basics:

Vaccines contain inactive "lipid nanoparticles" embedded with deadly "chimeric pathogens" which were genetically programmed to animate when properly triggered.
The germs supposedly lying dormant include E. Coli, Ebola, Marburg – a highly fatal viral hemorrhagic fever, and brewers yeast – an ingredient added to ferment beer and bake bread.
The "pathogens" will be activated when 5G towers thrice broadcast an 18 gigahertz signal for one minute.
The specified frequency subsequently causes "1P36 gene deletion," turning vaccine recipients into zombies.
More on that one in a moment.
Clark summarized Prather's assertions and then asked Flynn to share his thoughts.
"This pathogen that you just talked about; I think that there's been some great articles written about how it relates to the 5G technology that is being input basically globally," Flynn said of thoroughly debunked "alterative" research. "But my statement is that because this is a good versus evil time. It is actually one of the most consequential periods in history to be alive."

Next, Clark aired a brief clip of Prather discussing his unfounded ideas, which disturbed him greatly.

"That would cause you to begin to have seizures, begin to bite people, and to have problems with your frontal lobe," he declared. "It's a lot. It's heavy."

https://www.alternet.org/2022/05/michael-flynn/

Edited by Tracker

58 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What's the benefit to the "Deep State" to turn people into zombies?

They would then be loyal GOP supporters, would they not? Are zombies aware that vegans would taste better than the rest of us, being grain-fed and all?

37 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Ever since I had Delta back in November, Pepsi has a strange metallic taste.  The grand days of rye & pepsi are over. 

Okay this is strange cause I have always found Pepsi to have a metallic taste, Coke no, RC Cola no. To my knowledge I have not have any variants of Covid

Edited by bustamente

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Okay this is strange cause I have always found Pepsi to have a metallic taste, Coke no, RC Cola no. To my knowledge I have not have any variants of Covid

Agreed, Pepsi has always had a bit of a metallic tasted to me as well.

Coke has always been my go-to for mix, but I've recently switched to Zevia Cola and it's an adequate substitute.

switched to diet stuff years ago, and now anything but is like pancake syrup. Pepsi Max 95% of the time, Coke Zero 3% of the time, and Caffeine Free Diet somethingorother if I'm having sleep issues. 

I prefer Pepsi to coke products 

They both clean the toilet tho and clean rusty  nails after a while but... 

Nestea Iced tea is good. It don't really clean the toilet so that's a plus. 

Edited by Goalie

Pop, sports drinks and juice are some of the worst foods people can put into their bodies, way too much sugar, not good for the health of adults....or children for that matter.  A little bit of research will return volumes of evidence showing how destructive the habitual consumption of excess sugar is, our bodies need sugar but only in small quantities, nothing natural about the amount of sugar consumed in one can of coke or pepsi. Don't buy that ****.

7 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Pop, sports drinks and juice are some of the worst foods people can put into their bodies, way too much sugar, not good for the health of adults....or children for that matter.  A little bit of research will return volumes of evidence showing how destructive the habitual consumption of excess sugar is, our bodies need sugar but only in small quantities, nothing natural about the amount of sugar consumed in one can of coke or pepsi. Don't buy that ****.

I don't.  I will drink rye and coke maybe once a month.

My go tos are: Crown Royal on the rocks, Scotch on the rocks, or an ice cold 1919

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

I stopped drinking pop a while back as it gave me heart burn. But there was a time (high school days) where I would drink 3 cans of coke in 3 hours. Like I said I eventually had to stop drinking it, then I learned they add a chemical to it so you don't immediately puke due to the amount of sugar they add. Which just seems insane to me! I'll still have some when I want a rye/rum and coke, but it's always a press. And now because we don't really ever buy it, my kids consider it a nice treat/dessert. Which I think is a much better relationship with the stuff compared to how I used it back in the day. I remember my son asking to have some "pop" instead of ice cream one night after dinner, which I thought was funny because I used to have pop with dinner and dessert as well.

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I stopped drinking pop a while back as it gave me heart burn. But there was a time (high school days) where I would drink 3 cans of coke in 3 hours. Like I said I eventually had to stop drinking it, then I learned they add a chemical to it so you don't immediately puke due to the amount of sugar they add. Which just seems insane to me! I'll still have some when I want a rye/rum and coke, but it's always a press. And now because we don't really ever buy it, my kids consider it a nice treat/dessert. Which I think is a much better relationship with the stuff compared to how I used it back in the day. I remember my son asking to have some "pop" instead of ice cream one night after dinner, which I thought was funny because I used to have pop with dinner and dessert as well.

I used to work with a guy who drank a 20 pack of Pepsi every day, he kept them in a cooler beside his desk. I do wonder if he's still alive.