Jump to content

Recommended Posts

While I'm happy that there will be vaccination cards and freedoms associated with them, it is a bit unfortunate on a personal level how they will be issued. Since the PCs cancelled health care for international students, my wife is unable to get a MB health card. So in addition to the $6000+ we had to pay for the birth of our son, she won't get the bonus freedoms associated with being fully vaccinated. While I understand the reasoning of tying it to a MB Health card, I still hope there will eventually be some kind of workaround.

Regardless, still glad that this allows more freedoms for people who have been enthusiastic for vaccines, but have been punished by the actions of anti-vaxxers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a teacher and also immunocompromised. I got my first shot this week. It was neither being a teacher, nor having an autoimmune disease that qualified me to be vaccinated. My autoimmune condition p

This will be the first year that I will be unable to spend the winter in Costa Rica due to COVID. All the other winters I didn't go because I couldn't afford to.

Any further posts from confirmed conspiracy sources will be removed. 

 

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

So if I understand this correctly, you'll only ever need these cards if you plan on travelling, correct?

 

From the ChrisD article

 

Quote

The card will be available to Manitobans two weeks after they receive their second vaccine dose and will allow them to bypass the self-isolation requirement upon returning to Manitoba if they travel inter-provincially, among other benefits.

The immunization card will also allow expanded visitation at Manitoba healthcare facilities, including hospitals and personal care homes if both the patient/resident and visitor are fully vaccinated. The province says additional benefits are expected to be added in the coming weeks.

Edited by iHeart
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... it's now taken a foothold... 

Dark days ahead.

 

 

 

Also: Not sure its a good idea to be eyeing the loosening of restrictions when we are plateaued @ 12% 5 day TPR... the worst north of the mexican border by a lot. Second highest TPR- Wyoming with 6%.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

33% protection with 1 dose. Significantly more with 2 doses. Unfortunately it's spreading way faster than we can double vax people. Right now, I'm just praying we can get the numbers from the 3rd wave down enough that when it starts all over again, we have room in our hospitals and ICUs... And just for reference, the UK was nearly 50% double vaxxed when it started ravaging them. We're about 15%, nationally.... So it's gonna be bad. 

Edited by Noeller
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Anyone having trouble staying up at night? Feeling too safe with the vaccine roll out? Missing the old days of sheer panic? If so, then i HAVE a thread for YOU!

 

 

Solid thread that discusses what we know about the Delta Variant.

Feigl-Ding likes to peddle the most extreme opinions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Delta variant is definitely a scary one. Now combine that with what I am seeing recently and it's even more concerning. What I am seeing is that people who have tried to follow the rules, understand the dangers,  wear masks, want to be part of the solution , are reaching the end of their rope. So many people , including family members have said to me " enough ", I've had it ", " I need to see my family",  " I can't take it ". I am seeing REAL anger at those who won't vaccinate or wear masks. Some real hard F them attitudes.  This is probably why I was real happy to see some movement to vaccination passports.  I think the Gov. has to be real careful here. I don't advocate for opening things to wide open but I think they need to make some movement. And for heavens sake , don't prioritise business in that movement. Make it family or close friends.   I think we ( I include myself ) need more social interaction or there is a danger in losing the crowd so to speak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, the watcher said:

The Delta variant is definitely a scary one. Now combine that with what I am seeing recently and it's even more concerning. What I am seeing is that people who have tried to follow the rules, understand the dangers,  wear masks, want to be part of the solution , are reaching the end of their rope. So many people , including family members have said to me " enough ", I've had it ", " I need to see my family",  " I can't take it ". I am seeing REAL anger at those who won't vaccinate or wear masks. Some real hard F them attitudes.  This is probably why I was real happy to see some movement to vaccination passports.  I think the Gov. has to be real careful here. I don't advocate for opening things to wide open but I think they need to make some movement. And for heavens sake , don't prioritise business in that movement. Make it family or close friends.   I think we ( I include myself ) need more social interaction or there is a danger in losing the crowd so to speak.

Totally agree. I think a lot of the "F this" attitude has developed when restrictions don't make sense. It is so easy to disregard restrictions when they don't make sense from a health standpoint. I've seen a lot of friends giving up with following restrictions because of how little sense they make. Not being able to see people in their own yard while maintaining social distance. Then seeing a lot of others clearly disregarding restrictions, anti-lockdown/mask/vaccination rallies along with huge amounts of people disregarding restrictions at beaches and such this past weekend. Fortunately they have made some progress with arresting leaders of these rallies, but its probably too little, too late again. Once you see others living like normal and not seeing restrictions have much effect, it is hard to see a point of making things harder on yourself by following restrictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iHeart said:

it is going to be a very busy press conference day....I hope a second dose eligibility expansion will be part of it I would really like to book my appointment soon

They expand it in the morning. So, if you're close, give it a try now. Or, later this morning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Totally agree. I think a lot of the "F this" attitude has developed when restrictions don't make sense. It is so easy to disregard restrictions when they don't make sense from a health standpoint. I've seen a lot of friends giving up with following restrictions because of how little sense they make. Not being able to see people in their own yard while maintaining social distance. Then seeing a lot of others clearly disregarding restrictions, anti-lockdown/mask/vaccination rallies along with huge amounts of people disregarding restrictions at beaches and such this past weekend. Fortunately they have made some progress with arresting leaders of these rallies, but its probably too little, too late again. Once you see others living like normal and not seeing restrictions have much effect, it is hard to see a point of making things harder on yourself by following restrictions.

One rule that pissed alot of people ( you can substitute the word ME there ) off previously  was the patio rule. It was OK to go to a restaurant or bar patio  and visit but not your own patio.  So a public patio where people drink ( and we all know how booze and following rules go ) is safe but seeing families and close friends safely ,outdoors at home wasn't. It made no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether the restrictions make sense or not it's just not sustainable for much longer without a majority of society saying f--- it. It's been near 2 months now since we've been under very heavy restrictions and people want a break from that. If the vaccine cards allow some return to near normal for some people it is a step that unfortunately makes sense. It would be nice if vaccine uptake would hit that 80% as fast as possible dream scenario but there are just too many unmotivated or unwilling to be vaccinated people and they will begin to hold up life for those that have done the right thing by getting the vax as soon as possible. I don't like a two-tiered freedom approach but realistically if we are going to wait for mythical numbers before opening I think the game will be lost because of restriction fatigue. I am hopeful my vax card will allow me to go to Bomber games or a concert this summer, and I hope other people see that and use it as motivation to just bite the bullet and get their vax too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iHeart said:

it is going to be a very busy press conference day....I hope a second dose eligibility expansion will be part of it I would really like to book my appointment soon

 

 

Manitobans who received at least one dose of #COVID19 vaccine by August 2 will be eligible to enter a lottery to win $2 million in cash and scholarships.

If you win 2 million you dont need to go to school.

 

 

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...