Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

There is no reason for them to wait until 6pm tonight, other than trying to hide. No leadership from this gov't. It's pathetic. 

Brian said earlier they've done the best they could do. Which, is probably true for this lot. Too bad they won't resign and allow proper leadership to take over this mess. 

Agreed he doesn't have to make the announcement but the last place that  overworked man needs to be is in friggen court wasting his time on a case that should never have been brought up.

Just now, the watcher said:

Agreed he doesn't have to make the announcement but the last place that  overworked man needs to be is in friggen court wasting his time on a case that should never have been brought up.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just saying they don't need him at the press conference. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I'd bet good money we will not be finding out were these serge's are coming from.

You're probably right.  If they were at the protests though, I think that should be headline news to really point out the stupidity of holding and going to those things.

I know a couple of weeks back they did say that they were seeing transmission at peoples' homes.  They didn't outright say that was why they targeted the restrictions they way that they did, but I was pretty sure that was the case.  I wish they would spell that sort of thing out for people though because that would help people to understand the difference in not allowing people to visit homes vs. keeping patios open, if that is in fact the case.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

There is no reason for them to wait until 6pm tonight, other than trying to hide. No leadership from this gov't. It's pathetic. 

Brian said earlier they've done the best they could do. Which, is probably true for this lot. Too bad they won't resign and allow proper leadership to take over this mess. 

Who would you consider proper leadership? I'm just wondering as I can't think of any on the municipal, provincial or federal level that I would like to hand the reigns too. I am beginning to think that The Visitors might be our only hope at this point.

Edited by GCJenks
typo

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Who would you consider proper leadership? I'm just wondering as I can't think of any on any municipal, provincial or federal level that I would like to hand the reigns too. I am beginning to think that The Visitors might be our only hope at this point.

I would look towards the Maritimes. They're struggling today but shut things down the moment it started to trend upwards. They've done an amazing job throughout. 

In this province? I guess anyone but the current crop of murderclowns. 

But, I would like to see someone in there that trusts science and doesn't overrule it for personal gain. 

Edited by JCon

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Who would you consider proper leadership? I'm just wondering as I can't think of any on any municipal, provincial or federal level that I would like to hand the reigns too. I am beginning to think that The Visitors might be our only hope at this point.

I've been saying since the start, this has amplified just how broken our society is on multiple levels. From early education/food systems/power supplies....etc etc. The potential for disaster is far closer then most people think.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I would look towards the Maritimes. They're struggling today but shut things down the moment it started to trend upwards. They've done an amazing job throughout. 

In this province? I guess anyone but the current crop of murderclowns. 

But, I would like to see someone in there that trusts science and doesn't overrule it for personal gain. 

wasn't it new brunswick that just had an outbreak? They've done better over-all...but they haven't been perfect

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've been saying since the start, this has amplified just how broken our society is on multiple levels. From early education/food systems/power supplies....etc etc. The potential for disaster is far closer then most people think.

wasn't it new brunswick that just had an outbreak? They've done better over-all...but they haven't been perfect

Not perfect but farrrrrr better. 

At this point, we should all just congregate at the schools where Covid doesn't spread. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Source just said that schools are preparing for remote learning after next week. But, was not very confident that this was going to happen. They prepared the same way prior to the November lockdown but never went remote. 

I hope the fact that there is actual transmission happening in the schools might get them to go to remote learning...

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I hope the fact that there is actual transmission happening in the schools might get them to go to remote learning...

In Calgary, the schools have gone to remote learning two weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I agree. So far, only those that have outbreaks have gone remote. 

8 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Would guess they giving people until Monday to buy flowers. I know im heading out and loading up.

Nope, sounds like it's immediate enforcement. 

But, I'm sure that plants will be excluded from the lockdown, as they were last time. 

502 COVID-19 cases reported in Manitoba as 1st B1617 variant cases discovered

Highest single-day jump in COVID-19 cases since December; 4 cases of variant 1st found in India identified
CBC News · Posted: May 07, 2021 12:30 PM CT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

A laboratory technician works on the genome sequencing of the virus that causes COVID-19 in this January file photo. Manitoba has now identified its first four cases of the B1617 variant of interest, which is contributing to India's surging COVID-19 caseload, officials said Friday. (Christophe Archambault/AFP/Getty Images)
Manitoba reported 502 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, the province announced in a news release — its highest one-day jump since Christmas break.

But the 524 infections reported on Dec. 27 were from a three-day period, after Manitoba took the previous two days off from reporting new cases.

Before that, Manitoba had only reported more than 500 cases once: on Nov. 23, when 546 were posted.

"These numbers are alarming," acting deputy chief public health officer Dr. Jazz Atwal said at a Friday afternoon news conference. "That's why meetings are underway right now to finalize new public health orders.

-CBC Manitoba