Jump to content

Covid-19


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

it could be worse, the P1 variant could be the dominant strain but I haven't heard anything new about it here since that one case so I guess this means the individual must have listened to reason

 

Edited by iHeart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

how effective masks and social distancing are at preventing the common cold..... honestly, something I hope stays a part of our culture long term. 

It's absolutely ****** that several Asian countries (Japan, South Korea) have had this mentality for years regarding masks. And here, we have covidiot ***** trying to equate mask-wearing with tyranny and oppression. It's just nauseating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's absolutely ****** that several Asian countries (Japan, South Korea) have had this mentality for years regarding masks. And here, we have covidiot ***** trying to equate mask-wearing with tyranny and oppression. It's just nauseating.

I've posted this a few times, I think, but it bears repeating: This pandemic has really revealed just how spoiled a certain chunk of our population really is. They have absolutely no ******* clue what oppression really is...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ponzi scheme is done. I guess they have $7 Million dollars of Manitoba's money. Although, I bet that some of those funds will wind up at an undisclosed location in Costa Rica. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/providence-therapeutics-pulling-out-canada-1.6009068?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

COVID-19 vaccine maker Providence says it's leaving Canada after calls for more federal support go unanswered

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I cant see how. Manitoba is only on pace for shot 1 by then. I didn't think that was enough for herd immunity.

So I'm not sure about herd immunity, but the prevailing theory on Twitter is that we need to hit 75% 1st dose and 20% 2nd dose in order to relax restrictions and keep the daily case counts down. We're on pace to hit that 75/20 by June 6th. Not sure if that equates to herd immunity, but it'll be enough protection to ease restrictions and start getting back to normal for good... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I cant see how. Manitoba is only on pace for shot 1 by then. I didn't think that was enough for herd immunity.

One shot is still really good. I read somewhere that the efficacy is around 75 to 80% for covid and 98% against serious complications and death. The second dose pushes it to the +90% range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

how effective masks and social distancing are at preventing the common cold..... honestly, something I hope stays a part of our culture long term. 

Odds of restaurants having 33% capacity,  the whole population avoiding friends and family,  activities being permanently cancelled,  sporting events being fan free and all those other goodies which are impacting these numbers are at about zero percent chance of that being a long term culture thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, JCon said:

The ponzi scheme is done. I guess they have $7 Million dollars of Manitoba's money. Although, I bet that some of those funds will wind up at an undisclosed location in Costa Rica. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/providence-therapeutics-pulling-out-canada-1.6009068?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

COVID-19 vaccine maker Providence says it's leaving Canada after calls for more federal support go unanswered

Apparently the government didn't actually pay them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Apparently the government didn't actually pay them

When the announcement was made, Pallister made it sound like the cheque had been sent . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...