Covid-19

JCon

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

As depressing as the current spate of new cases is, we can take heart that the rate has flatlined and is likely to slowly fall over the next week as those who were infected as long as two weeks ago present. I think we are at the top of the crest.

And the North is finally stable again. 

On 2021-05-01 at 1:13 PM, Tracker said:

When the announcement was made, Pallister made it sound like the cheque had been sent . 

Yeah once it was announced that they were leaving the province, and the subsequent outrage about them walking with our money, the PC government announced they hadn't paid yet....im hoping that's the truth.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's not really. TPR is going up and so are hospitalizations. We're headed up again, sadly. 

Keep an eye out for the next 2 weeks, we should hit over 50% vaccinated, still way to slow but we should see a downward trend by then, more vaccines coming and a second super site should be open by then end of the week hopefully will help

CVS and Walgreens have wasted more vaccine doses than most states combined. The CDC recorded 182,874 wasted doses as of late March. Of those, CVS was responsible for nearly half

Two national pharmacy chains that the federal government entrusted to inoculate people against covid-19 account for the lion's share of wasted vaccine doses, according to government data obtained by KHN.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded 182,874 wasted doses as of late March, three months into the country's effort to vaccinate the masses against the coronavirus. Of those, CVS was responsible for nearly half, and Walgreens for 21%, or nearly 128,500 wasted shots combined.

CDC data suggests that the companies have wasted more doses than states, U.S. territories and federal agencies combined. Pfizer's vaccine, which in December was the first to be deployed and initially required storage at ultracold temperatures, represented nearly 60% of tossed doses.

It's not completely clear from the CDC data why the two chains wasted so much more vaccine than states and federal agencies. Some critics have pointed to poor planning early in the rollout, when the Trump administration leaned heavily on CVS and Walgreens to vaccinate residents and staff members of long-term care facilities. In response to questions, CVS said "nearly all" of its reported vaccine waste occurred during that effort. Walgreens did not specify how many wasted doses were from the long-term care program.

CVS and Walgreens have wasted more vaccine doses than most states combined | Salon.com

Became eligible for AZ on Friday at noon. Called Dr's office and left a message, then called my local Shoppers and got an appointment for Saturday at 2:30. Felt fine until midnight, but came down with chills and needed Tylenol to get back to sleep. Sunday morning woke up with general aches, tiredness and slight nausea. More Tylenol and was feeling pretty good by lunch. Over-exerted myself and had to take more Tylenol and a nap late in the afternoon. More Tylenol before bed and slept fine. Today I felt pretty tired and sore so I didn't 'go' to work (I WFH), but just took it easy and only took half as much Tylenol. I'm optimistic that with a good sleep I'll be right as rain tomorrow.

Short version: AZ --> sore and achey for two days, but nothing serious.

Dr's office returned my call today - they expect to have single-dose JNJ available next week. 🤷‍♂️           

WTF...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/police-oath-pandemic-legal-challenge-1.6012099

"A group of 19 Ontario police officers has launched a constitutional challenge against the provincial and federal governments and several police chiefs, claiming that enforcing sweeping pandemic health restrictions puts them at odds with their oath to uphold the charter.

It seeks these declarations: 

• Canada's pandemic laws "are not rational" and have "no force or effect." 
  • Lockdowns, stay-at-home orders and curfews are "forms of martial law." 
  • Wearing masks, social distancing and lockdowns are "ineffective" and "not scientifically or medically based" because they're based on coronavirus cases the legal documents claim "are 96.5 per cent false."

The group also wants the court to declare that religious gatherings and protests are exempt from pandemic restrictions in Ontario. "

The Martial law bit... that might have merit... But. Seriously? 96.5 percent false on mask wearing, SD and SaHOs?... These must be rubes that saw "Plandemic" and get all their scientific facts from facebook...  

53 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WTF...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/police-oath-pandemic-legal-challenge-1.6012099

"A group of 19 Ontario police officers has launched a constitutional challenge against the provincial and federal governments and several police chiefs, claiming that enforcing sweeping pandemic health restrictions puts them at odds with their oath to uphold the charter.

It seeks these declarations: 

• Canada's pandemic laws "are not rational" and have "no force or effect." 
  • Lockdowns, stay-at-home orders and curfews are "forms of martial law." 
  • Wearing masks, social distancing and lockdowns are "ineffective" and "not scientifically or medically based" because they're based on coronavirus cases the legal documents claim "are 96.5 per cent false."

The group also wants the court to declare that religious gatherings and protests are exempt from pandemic restrictions in Ontario. "

The Martial law bit... that might have merit... But. Seriously? 96.5 percent false on mask wearing, SD and SaHOs?... These must be rubes that saw "Plandemic" and get all their scientific facts from facebook...  

If these officers place their quasi-religious beliefs ahead of their sworn duty to uphold the law, they ought to resign or be fired. They will lose the case and doubtless appeal it as high as they can, but at the very least they ought to be suspended without pay until the case is decided. This cannot stand as a precedent- if police can choose to enforce whatever law pleases them, it opens a massive Pandora's box. 

so on top of our 2m Pfizer shots this week, we're getting 1m Moderna as well. The serious ramping up of vaccinations is coming.... in a Jason Kenney presser yesterday there was a brief mention of opening up shots to every adult who wants one within the week...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

so on top of our 2m Pfizer shots this week, we're getting 1m Moderna as well. The serious ramping up of vaccinations is coming.... in a Jason Kenney presser yesterday there was a brief mention of opening up shots to every adult who wants one within the week...

I wouldn't surprised if we were there too. Since they're already booking a few weeks out, they could expand it for appointments even further out, now that the supply is steady.