Jump to content

Covid-19


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, iHeart said:

maybe I'll just do what my mother says and hide myself until I get the vaccine next week

 

Damn. I pray that this is an aberration. One day can be anomaly but if we get 2 or 3 in a row....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Damn. I pray that this is an aberration. One day can be anomaly but if we get 2 or 3 in a row....

No, this is now the third wave- we knew it was coming and once again did not act fast enough. You make a mistake, you learn from it... then you make the same mistake... and then you are given 2-4 weeks of notice from your neighbours as to what is coming... you don't take what you should have learned the first two ******* times and here we are...

May is going to be a **** month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really thought AB was kind of the last one in Canada, and once we got things fixed, then the country as a whole would be on the upswing.....but MB might actually be tailing us. First step: Move all schools to online learning for at least this month, if not the rest of the year. The vaccines don't have a chance to work if you don't get the infections under control first....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TPR is over 10 in Winnipeg, which means that the real number is around 15% for tests done yesterday. 

As I keep saying, this is getting a whole lot worse before it gets better. We're going to be second only to Alberta very soon in cases/population very soon. We're just behind Ontario right now.

 

Anyone see Brian around lately? He's like his fellow useless premiers, hiding out. 

37 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No, this is now the third wave- we knew it was coming and once again did not act fast enough. You make a mistake, you learn from it... then you make the same mistake... and then you are given 2-4 weeks of notice from your neighbours as to what is coming... you don't take what you should have learned the first two ******* times and here we are...

May is going to be a **** month.

And June/July too. The poor healthcare system was already overworked and now their headed for a couple months of high hospitalizations. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Kids spring sports started just in time to be cancelled again. Huzzah!

Yup. My son had his first flag football practice last week and games were expected to start on Monday. I just can't see it happening now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a parts / grocery run to Winkler/ Stanley , Manitoba's capital of anti vaccination, Covid denial and anti- masking. It was interesting and I learned a few things. There are 2 types of buisnesses there. Those with masked employees who obviously turf unmasked people. They are busy, and everyone who I saw enter is masked and don't seem to care. The other type of business has unmasked employees,  and don't say a word to unmasked customers. They are busy as well and probably %75 of the customers are unmasked. So it is ALL about enforcement. But apparently it has been left to individual buisnesses to do so. It is obvious to me that its all about leadership. The boss says mask up , everyone masks up. Customers accept it. You dont lose buisness. And like it or not Pallister is our boss and the boss of all those small buisnesses I went into. He has dropped the ball on this. He has failed .All that was needed was direct orders to mask up AND the enforcement to make them do so. The numbers we saw today are not an anomaly.  They will continue to rise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I did a parts / grocery run to Winkler/ Stanley , Manitoba's capital of anti vaccination, Covid denial and anti- masking. It was interesting and I learned a few things. There are 2 types of buisnesses there. Those with masked employees who obviously turf unmasked people. They are busy, and everyone who I saw enter is masked and don't seem to care. The other type of business has unmasked employees,  and don't say a word to unmasked customers. They are busy as well and probably %75 of the customers are unmasked. So it is ALL about enforcement. But apparently it has been left to individual buisnesses to do so. It is obvious to me that its all about leadership. The boss says mask up , everyone masks up. Customers accept it. You dont lose buisness. And like it or not Pallister is our boss and the boss of all those small buisnesses I went into. He has dropped the ball on this. He has failed .All that was needed was direct orders to mask up AND the enforcement to make them do so. The numbers we saw today are not an anomaly.  They will continue to rise. 

The RCMP and Health and Safety should have the mandate to go in and shut down any business that isn't complying with masking/general COVID safety guidelines...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JCon said:

Anyone see Brian around lately? He's like his fellow useless premiers, hiding out. 

Don't worry. He'll be back when there's good news to announce. Hard to show your face when you're caught with your pants down on 3rd wave preparations and look like a clown with his vaccine deal with Providence. Not to mention being last for vaccine distribution except for Nunavut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no other way to put this but it's ******* scary. We're all in danger. So much for getting that first shot into people arms giving us more protection & waiting safely up to 4 months for the second Pfizer shot.  I knew all along that  it was just lying federal & provincial politicians  trying to cover their asses because of the slow vaccine rollouts & their well paid lackey public health officials such as scientists, federal & provincial chief medical officers & doctors just going along with said lie.

 

Study: Single Pfizer dose only 30% effective against U.K. variant so spacing is riskier | Calgary Sun

 

 

Edited by SpeedFlex27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I knew all along that  it was just lying federal & provincial politicians  trying to cover their asses because of the slow vaccine rollouts & their well paid lackey public health officials such as scientists, federal & provincial chief medical officers & doctors just going along with said lie.

If it was only Canada that said the Pfizer vaccine was more effective than the results of this test indicate maybe you'd be on to something. But since it was the whole world, well, you overestimate Trudeaus global influence I think, sheesh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

If it was only Canada that said the Pfizer vaccine was more effective than the results of this test indicate maybe you'd be on to something. But since it was the whole world, well, you overestimate Trudeaus global influence I think, sheesh

Trudeau has no global influence. I don't even have a clue how you can come up with a premise like that. The rollout in CANADA has been so slow that we have stretched out our second shot even further than other countries. Most are going 12 weeks. We're the only developed country in the world going 16 weeks. This is some kind of scary... The first time I've actually been worried. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There is no other way to put this but it's ******* scary. We're all in danger. So much for getting that first shot into people arms giving us more protection & waiting safely up to 4 months for the second Pfizer shot.  I knew all along that  it was just lying federal & provincial politicians  trying to cover their asses because of the slow vaccine rollouts & their well paid lackey public health officials such as scientists, federal & provincial chief medical officers & doctors just going along with said lie.

 

Study: Single Pfizer dose only 30% effective against U.K. variant so spacing is riskier | Calgary Sun

 

 

Not good news. A single dose does appear to really help if you have previously had Covid.  I'd like to know what effect a single dose has as far as lowering the severity if you contract covid.They appear to just be talking about whether you contract it or not after one shot.  There is no mention of that in any of the reports I've found so far. I don't think it's got alot to do with lying or deceit.  It's got alot to do with this being an issue we have never dealt with before. Most countries have done the same as Canada, just get a single shot into as many as you can. And that comes from someone who thinks that the Feds totally botched creating a made in Canada vaccine. It's just that the experts are often taking their best guess at how to go about fighting this and sometimes it's a swing and a miss. Most wars include lost battles on both sides.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trudeau has no global influence. I don't even have a clue how you can come up with a premise like that. The rollout in CANADA has been so slow that we have stretched out our second shot even further than other countries. Most are going 12 weeks. We're the only developed country in the world going 16 weeks. This is some kind of scary... The first time I've actually been worried. 

The time frame between shots is definatly a concern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trudeau has no global influence. I don't even have a clue how you can come up with a premise like that. The rollout in CANADA has been so slow that we have stretched out our second shot even further than other countries. Most are going 12 weeks. We're the only developed country in the world going 16 weeks. This is some kind of scary... The first time I've actually been worried. 

I must have misunderstood. I thought you implied that the feds, provinces, and their doctors (lackeys) knew the vaccine was less effective than they claimed, yet lied to us. My mistake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I must have misunderstood. I thought you implied that the feds, provinces, and their doctors (lackeys) knew the vaccine was less effective than they claimed, yet lied to us. My mistake.

Yeah, that's how I read it too...

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

 I knew all along that  it was just lying federal & provincial politicians  trying to cover their asses because of the slow vaccine rollouts & their well paid lackey public health officials such as scientists, federal & provincial chief medical officers & doctors just going along with said lie.

Yeah, that sentence seems like Trudeau is to blame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There is no other way to put this but it's ******* scary. We're all in danger. So much for getting that first shot into people arms giving us more protection & waiting safely up to 4 months for the second Pfizer shot.  I knew all along that  it was just lying federal & provincial politicians  trying to cover their asses because of the slow vaccine rollouts & their well paid lackey public health officials such as scientists, federal & provincial chief medical officers & doctors just going along with said lie.

 

Study: Single Pfizer dose only 30% effective against U.K. variant so spacing is riskier | Calgary Sun

 

 

The single shot was found to be 54.5% effective at preventing more serious results (“severe, critical or fatal”)

that line is the most important one from the article. The whole point to spacing them out is to get more people some protection and especially avoid severe illness. So it seems like the science backs that up. I have seen reports showing even higher than 54% effectiveness against severe illness on variants as well. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, that's how I read it too...

Because that's what he said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...