Covid-19

JCon

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

You know if Trump spent as much time actually trying to address the pandemic as he did trying to game the numbers maybe the numbers wouldn't be such a problem. 

Guy is just such a world class idiot. Thinks he's still on reality TV where you can make reality whatever you want it to be. 

If he had just done nothing but let experts handle it, it would have turned out so much better. But, he's an idiot who thinks he's a genius, who makes a mess of everything.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

If he had just done nothing but let experts handle it, it would have turned out so much better. But, he's an idiot who thinks he's a genius, who makes a mess of everything.

This is his single biggest failing. He legit thinks he's a super genius and doesn't like having people smarter than him in the room telling him he's wrong. 

He's gone his whole life getting by lying about everything and when he runs into a problem his go to move is to sue and hope the other side runs out of money first. Just worthless as a leader. Literally all he had to do was say "Ok you smart guys fix this for me" but no in his idiocy he thought he could just wish it away. Perhaps he saw how past potential pandemics turned into nothing and figured this would be the same... except everyone saw this coming when China had huge issues. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is his single biggest failing. He legit thinks he's a super genius and doesn't like having people smarter than him in the room telling him he's wrong. 

He's gone his whole life getting by lying about everything and when he runs into a problem his go to move is to sue and hope the other side runs out of money first. Just worthless as a leader. Literally all he had to do was say "Ok you smart guys fix this for me" but no in his idiocy he thought he could just wish it away. Perhaps he saw how past potential pandemics turned into nothing and figured this would be the same... except everyone saw this coming when China had huge issues. 

The biggest problem for Trump is that pretty much everyone in the room is smarter than him, except for GOP meetings. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Which gets me thinking. He does warrant normal equal and fair treatment, he, his family and his hardened followers both public and administration continually mock that process. See Barr as an example. He warrants special treatment to protect the safety and sanity of this world regardless of political stripe. He is not just another bad president. He is a clear and present danger to this world that requires new and customized tactics. If anyone thinks otherwise I would suggest something is stopping you from really thinking this thru.

US faces ‘darkest winter in modern history’ unless it improves COVID-19 response: HHS whistleblower

Written by Brad Reed / Raw Story May 13, 2020
A key federal health official will deliver a stark warning to lawmakers this week about the risks America faces if its response to COVID-19 are not improved.

CNN reports that Dr. Richard Bright, who was ousted last month from his position as the head of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, plans to testify on Thursday that America will face its “darkest winter in modern history” without further measures to improve the government’s ability to test and trace people infected with COVID-19.

“Our window of opportunity is closing,” Bright will say, as reported by CNN. “If we fail to develop a national coordinated response, based in science, I fear the pandemic will get far worse and be prolonged, causing unprecedented illness and fatalities. Without clear planning and implementation of the steps that I and other experts have outlined, 2020 will be darkest winter in modern history.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/us-faces-darkest-winter-in-modern-history-unless-it-improves-covid-19-response-hhs-whistleblower/

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova Tuesday rejected suggestions Russia was understating the death rate. “That’s what it is and we never manipulate official data,” she said.

Of course the Putin regime is an open book.....

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Fox's 3 stooges Larry, Mo, and Curly are on the warpath against Dr. Fauci, Curly says there's only room for 1 dictator in the US 

Yup, forget about listening to PhD's and the like.  Just take the real advice from people with a BS in media

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I guess those were just crocodile tears at his press conference back in March when the **** first hit the fan. He's bungled basically everything since.

I think he and Manitoba have done a good job with the public health matters.  Im here nor there on the seniors money because I wouldnt come down negatively on helping seniors.  But the cuts to Hydro are absurd and are obviously being done using the pandemic as an excuse.  Cuts to the UofM I do not favour as well.  But I can promise you that Wab will whine about cuts today and then whine about the deficit next year.  

Without a viable Liberal Party and if Pallister keeps alienating people, Manitoba has no real political options.