Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JCon

Covid-19

Recommended Posts

Let's see, the report takes the 2-4% (phony) provided death rate, but accepts it, uses the 2% number to flatter the numbers in your favor even more, and comes up with a death number way higher than reality. What happened there? LOL!

If even 2% was accurate the death count should be WAY higher than it is. I guess that's why they took it easy on you and didn't use your 4%, eh? LOL!

Then they go on to project those PROVIDED numbers against the real infection rate and exposes the lie. Hello?

I guess that's why you aren't arguing the data, just attacking the source. LOL. So dumb. The mediabias website, as if that's the holy grail of objectivity, rates them "mixed". Hardly a damning indictment. Geez, awesome arguments. Talk about bias. Just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's almost like shitty information sources deserve to be mocked and laughed at because - and get this doozie - they're shitty information sources. When you don't understand how source and fact checking work, you're prone to not only gobbling up misinformation but also spreading it, which is akin to throwing fuel on a fire.

"JuSt sAd!" 

In actual, relevant, unbiased news, it looks like Taiwan stepped up for Canada last night: https://globalnews.ca/news/6909700/coronavirus-canada-taiwan-masks/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter if it's a low death rate if THIS MANY PEOPLE CONTRACT THE DISEASE. IT WILL LEAD TO A LOT OF DEATHS! 

This thing spread like wildfire, that's pretty demonstrable.

Some people are just either too stupid to understand or too uncaring of their fellow human beings. Or both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J5V said:

Let's see, the report takes the 2-4% (phony) provided death rate, but accepts it, uses the 2% number to flatter the numbers in your favor even more, and comes up with a death number way higher than reality. What happened there? LOL!

If even 2% was accurate the death count should be WAY higher than it is. I guess that's why they took it easy on you and didn't use your 4%, eh? LOL!

Then they go on to project those PROVIDED numbers against the real infection rate and exposes the lie. Hello?

I guess that's why you aren't arguing the data, just attacking the source. LOL. So dumb. The mediabias website, as if that's the holy grail of objectivity, rates them "mixed". Hardly a damning indictment. Geez, awesome arguments. Talk about bias. Just sad.

The death rate is much lower than 2%.  This was confirmed recently with antibody testing in New York which showed that over 20% of New Yorkers had the virus already. Most of whom showed no signs of it. The reporting on deaths is also slanted towards the scarier side of reality. Its still bad and should be taken seriously. But actual death rates is going to be at most 0.5%.  The media simply doesn't want to have an honest conversation about what's going on because anytime somebody states that its maybe not as bad is it is being made out to be there will be people who decided to neglect social distancing and will put more people at risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

The death rate is much lower than 2%.  This was confirmed recently with antibody testing in New York which showed that over 20% of New Yorkers had the virus already. Most of whom showed no signs of it. The reporting on deaths is also slanted towards the scarier side of reality. Its still bad and should be taken seriously. But actual death rates is going to be at most 0.5%.  The media simply doesn't want to have an honest conversation about what's going on because anytime somebody states that its maybe not as bad is it is being made out to be there will be people who decided to neglect social distancing and will put more people at risk. 

None of this matters if ER's are overwhelmed.  That is the whole point of shutting things down and physcial distancing.  The death rate could be .01%, but if 100 million Americans get infected, they are f***ed.  How do you replace thousands of skilled healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

None of this matters if ER's are overwhelmed.  That is the whole point of shutting things down and physcial distancing.  The death rate could be .01%, but if 100 million Americans get infected, they are f***ed.  How do you replace thousands of skilled healthcare workers in the middle of a pandemic? 

Not wrong. Truely, not overwhelming health care services is what it is all about at this point. The social distancing strategy may very well increase the long term infection rate because that will give the virus time to mutate into other forms. But if you get so many people with the virus at one time you are unable to save the 20% that you can save by using ventilators. Delaying the spread also gives you time to test medications that can potentially lower death rate as well. I think 5 years from now if we could go back we will likely have done something different. I understand why they don't want an honest debate about Corona Virus but it still rubs me the wrong way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's another stupid as **** argument anyway. It's a brand new disease, no **** doctors are still trying to figure out the beat way to treat it. Another reason flattening the curve has merit! Buy time for doctors to learn how best to treat patients!

Like **** do these people understand anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Says Nation Needs to Accept More Deaths: ‘We Have to Be Warriors
Updated May. 06, 2020 2:46PM ET / 
Published May. 06, 2020 2:35PM ET 
After acknowledging during his Tuesday ABC News interview that deaths will likely rise by quickly reopening the American economy during the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the American people needed to be “warriors” when asked if the nation needs to accept more casualties.

People need to be warriors like Trump did when he was drafted. Bone spurs may become an epidemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far only Sweden has got this right, for the most part. They screwed up in not protecting the elderly better and have acknowledged such. But they have managed to protect their population from future spikes by exposing it to the virus and encouraging the development of antibodies to build herd immunity without overwhelming their health system, without lock-downs, and all while keeping their economy running. Bravo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without a vaccine, which is highly unlikely as there has never been a corona virus vaccine, we must find a way to live with these viruses by exposing people to them and developing some immunity. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, J5V said:

So far only Sweden has got this right, for the most part. They screwed up in not protecting the elderly better and have acknowledged such. But they have managed to protect their population from future spikes by exposing it to the virus and encouraging the development of antibodies to build herd immunity without overwhelming their health system, without lock-downs, and all while keeping their economy running. Bravo!

Yeah, so many people are dead. Congratulations to being worse than the US! Not many can say that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J5V said:

So far only Sweden has got this right, for the most part. They screwed up in not protecting the elderly better and have acknowledged such. But they have managed to protect their population from future spikes by exposing it to the virus and encouraging the development of antibodies to build herd immunity without overwhelming their health system, without lock-downs, and all while keeping their economy running. Bravo!

Sweden.  Which has a very high death per 1 million population count?  
 

So you want everyone to be exposed, everyone to get it. The weak will die. And that’s okay cause ef those people right. To you the most important thing is money.  Actually no, it’s parroting whatever trump tells you.  
 

this has to be a gimmick account.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J5V said:

Without a vaccine, which is highly unlikely as there has never been a corona virus vaccine, we must find a way to live with these viruses by exposing people to them and developing some immunity. 

 

Ok- you first. Your Family next and your friends after that. 

 

All the Governments that are on board with re-opening their towns, cities, states, provinces- check to see how many of those politicians are willing to be as exposed as the general population. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Noeller said:

There's no vaccine YET but there will be one. Life will not fully return to normal until that vaccine is ready and available to the world. Hopefully this calendar year but might not be until sometime in 2021... Until that time, we'll continue to live this "new normal". 

I don't know if that's true to be honest. There will come a point where things will return to normal with or without a vaccine. This has never been about stopping the spread, it has been an exercise in slowing the spread so we can treat the people who need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, J5V said:

So far only Sweden has got this right, for the most part. They screwed up in not protecting the elderly better and have acknowledged such. But they have managed to protect their population from future spikes by exposing it to the virus and encouraging the development of antibodies to build herd immunity without overwhelming their health system, without lock-downs, and all while keeping their economy running. Bravo!

How can you claim they got it right when no one even knows whether people gain immunity after suffering their first infection while also ignoring one of the highest mortality rates in the world.  

The recent comparisons between people who are willing to sacrifice the old and weak for the sake of the economy with those willing to sacrifice school children to preserve the rights to own semi-automatic weapons is spot-on.  The more worrying pandemic to me is ghoulishness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

this has to be a gimmick account.  

Nope. It's a genuine belief in what's being posted, just like the nonsensical garbage we see from other trolls in this sub-forum. It's the MO of the Woke Brigade and anyone who disagrees is either a sheep or a shill.

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't know if that's true to be honest. There will come a point where things will return to normal with or without a vaccine. This has never been about stopping the spread, it has been an exercise in slowing the spread so we can treat the people who need it. 

Exactly right. The rationale behind flattening the curve is to delay the pace of the spread as to not overwhelm healthcare infrastructure and cost more lives. A vaccine would help immensely but a safe, effective, mass-produced one is months way away even in the most ideal of circumstances.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/05/06/pfizer-testing-covid-19-vaccine-humans/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A vaccine is a nice dream, but there is no guarantees it will be effective. This virus already shows a propensity to mutate. Most likely outcome is that this turns out like the flu where it's always out there lurking but enough people have some antibodies and we learn more effective treatments that it is not a pandemic. 

Honestly it isn't the most deadly disease and a big majority of people don't wind up needing treatment to get over it... it's just that right now everyone is vulnerable and our bodies have no defenses to it so we get huge infection rates which is the real danger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...