Covid-19

JCon

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well we’ve said September.  I think if numbers trend down with the phased in re-opening they will allow fans before a vaccine.  Id assume it would require copious sanitizing stations and staff wearing gloves and masks. 

i doubt  Disney is going to wait for a vaccine.   Cruise lines are booking dates.  Vegas wants to re open. So we will see how bad it gets with the public gatherings soon enough. 

I can't believe people would be willing to climb onboard a cruise ship with thousands of other people, but each day brings a new surprise concerning public stupidity.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I can't believe people would be willing to climb onboard a cruise ship with thousands of other people, but each day brings a new surprise concerning public stupidity.

I can’t believe that either. But people who love cruising will likely be less conservative about it.  Like people who love football or hockey will gladly go back.  

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I love that trump is really upset because it’s him.  He doesn’t care about others but no one better bring the virus near him. 

I wonder what the range of thoughts people across the world are having on this latest development?

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It's a step up from his usual source:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/watts-up-with-that/

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.

• Overall, we rate Watts Up with That a strong pseudoscience and conspiracy website based on the promotion of consistent human influenced climate denialism propaganda.

You don't appear to know what pseudoscience and conspiracy are so here are a few examples,

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/50-years-of-doomsday-climate-change-predictions-that-didnt-come-true/

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/jarrett-stepman/5-dire-climate-predictions-never-came-true

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

I'm not missing anything, you are the one suggesting that the facts are misleading because of who is presenting them, so please, go ahead and show me how they are misleading the facts. 

Appears to me that you are dismissing the facts because of who is presenting them, without ever looking at the facts to begin with. 

Not who, how. The language used is always a dead give away. 

And both sides do that garbage so this isn't some anti right wing tirade here. I just can't stand the weaponization of news that has taken place.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not who, how. The language used is always a dead give away. 

And both sides do that garbage so this isn't some anti right wing tirade here. I just can't stand the weaponization of news that has taken place.

Holy ****, I never thought anyone on here would admit that the left is just as guilty. I salute you sir. 

The hypocrisy of the anti-restriction/GOP/White house is staggering. The current press representative Ms. McEnany, has been advocating that everything ought to be wide open and that Covid19 is way overhyped, has been going for tests weekly.

Read the CDC Coronavirus Document the White House Didn’t Want You to See

‘LIGHT OF DAY’

The Trump administration might not have wanted you to see these new guidelines for reopening America—but the nation’s top infectious-disease experts did, so maybe take a look.

Doug Mills/ Reuters

When the nation’s most-respected infectious-disease investigators take the time to write down some advice as the president rushes to reopen the country during a raging pandemic, it seems only sensible that you’d listen very carefully to what they have to say.

But, according to a report from the Associated Press, the White House decided to block the publication of this 17-page document from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team. It lays out exactly what measures restaurants, schools, child-care facilities, and other public places should take if they decide to reopen their doors in the coming weeks..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/read-the-cdc-coronavirus-document-the-white-house-didnt-want-you-to-see?ref=home

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Read the CDC Coronavirus Document the White House Didn’t Want You to See

‘LIGHT OF DAY’

The Trump administration might not have wanted you to see these new guidelines for reopening America—but the nation’s top infectious-disease experts did, so maybe take a look.

Doug Mills/ Reuters

When the nation’s most-respected infectious-disease investigators take the time to write down some advice as the president rushes to reopen the country during a raging pandemic, it seems only sensible that you’d listen very carefully to what they have to say.

But, according to a report from the Associated Press, the White House decided to block the publication of this 17-page document from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team. It lays out exactly what measures restaurants, schools, child-care facilities, and other public places should take if they decide to reopen their doors in the coming weeks..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/read-the-cdc-coronavirus-document-the-white-house-didnt-want-you-to-see?ref=home

Every country in the world is re-opening, why all the focus on Merica?

Just now, pigseye said:

Biden Reade for example?

That's a terrible example actually, since multiple news outlets have done investigations into it.  Do you even hear yourself?  You pump the tires of a guy with over 20 credible sexual assault/harassment allegations and continue to this moment to elevate ONE allegation about Biden as an example of 1) Biden is awful  2) the left are hypocrites  3) people here are hypocrites.  You dont get to do that based on your posting history.  

You cant argue about the me too movement ruining men's lives and also be mad if everyone doesnt suddenly embrace your narrow faux outrage over a dubious at best allegation.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's a terrible example actually, since multiple news outlets have done investigations into it.  Do you even hear yourself?  You pump the tires of a guy with over 20 credible sexual assault/harassment allegations and continue to this moment to elevate ONE allegation about Biden as an example of 1) Biden is awful  2) the left are hypocrites  3) people here are hypocrites.  You dont get to do that based on your posting history.  

You cant argue about the me too movement ruining men's lives and also be mad if everyone doesnt suddenly embrace your narrow faux outrage over a dubious at best allegation.

If you do not feed a troll, it has to retreat back under its bridge.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Quit deflecting from the standard set, if you can't hold both sides to the same standard you are a hypocrite.

5 hours ago, Wideleft said:

How can you claim they got it right when no one even knows whether people gain immunity after suffering their first infection while also ignoring one of the highest mortality rates in the world.  

If you listen to the interview I posted the gentleman says they tested a bunch of people in Germany and found a 15% infection rate. Go to about the 1:20 mark and you'll hear him describe what happened. They found those people had antibodies present for the virus. They took those antibodies and placed them in a dish with live covid-19 viruses and the antibodies destroyed the virus. What does that suggest to you? To me it suggests that upon exposure to the virus on a healthy human body that body will produce antibodies that are effective at destroying the virus. In this way, herd immunity develops and indeed, epidemiological science supports that conclusion. Sweden's approach has been to protect the most vulnerable while allowing the strong and healthy to go about their business. The side effect of that approach involves developing herd immunity which should negate the problematic approach that we have taken in regards to lockdowns and the threat of second or third waves of infection upon release from the lockdown. Sweden's approach did not include locking down their society and economy yet they have been able to not overwhelm their health system by following some simple guidelines like hand washing, social distancing, no hand shaking, etc. They realize now, hindsight always being 20-20, that they needed to do a much better job protecting their elderly which has resulted in the vast majority of their spike in deaths but this doesn't mean that their approach was wrong, just that they needed to do better. As time goes by, and this was hinted at by WHO Executive Director, Mike Ryan, Sweden's approach will be the model that we all should have followed.