GDT: Bombers @ Asshats

JCon

4 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

And yea I’m sure any season ticket holder could be thrown into that office and do better 🙄

As crazy as it sounds they would be every bit as qualified as Wade Miller was when he got the job.

Take a couple of years to learn, no big deal. Buy a soccer team cause your doing so well at football. 

1 hour ago, Deiter Fan said:

No offence intended here...and it's possible you didn't use it with this in mind...but there are several terms/words that are used as a way of immediately dismissing a person and their opinions in lieu of any actual argument. "Hater" is one. "Conspiracy theorist" is another. They don't respond to the argument and are solely intended to denigrate and dismiss the commenter without ever debating/refuting the substance of the comment.

It seems now-a-days you can't disagree with anything/anyone without having an inflammatory term like "hater" being thrown in your face. Thanks to the casual use of "love" and "hate" they have virtually ceased to have any meaning at all.

I understand and agree......personally I don’t agree with all the flack Hall gets dumped on him.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

nice to see Ripper coming around again after a win....all the trolls come out from under the bridge as long as it's safe to do so. Brave...

Yup, noticed that as well. Was going to say something then realized that if the Bombers are going to play like this, we deserve it. There are consequences to losing. This is one of them. Had we won, Ripper would have stayed under the bridge.

22 hours ago, AKAChip said:

What do you think Wade Miller’s responsibilities are?

Think George Costanza working for the Yankees.

Miller's activities are largely self directed with little to no accountability. He reports to the board of directors once a year. 

There is no team mandate for him to be involved in stadium management, concessions or other sports. His role is not football operation related other than ensuring adherence to organizational objectives and policy.   

Believe Dana Spiring is the governor and represents the Bombers in league matters. 

11 minutes ago, Carlos Harper said:

Miller's activities are largely self directed with little to no accountability. He reports to the board of directors once a year. 

There is no team mandate for him to be involved in stadium management, concessions or other sports. His role is not football operation related other than ensuring adherence to organizational objectives and policy.   

Believe Dana Spiring is the governor and represents the Bombers in league matters. 

Absolutely nothing in this post is even close to fact. 

1 hour ago, Carlos Harper said:

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Absolutely nothing in this post is even close to fact. 

It seems at least one of his points is indeed a fact. So your comment is absolutely wrong. My question is how many other of his points are also facts?

On 2019-10-06 at 11:38 AM, Ripper said:

This likely won't go over very good but you don't. Adams would be on the practice roster with us if he even made the team at all

Youre trying to evaluate apples to oranges. The system you run, isnt remotely similar to the one we run. Ours doesnt flatter wrs, darvin adams would start for you 100%. He would also be the only wr you have that blocks at a high level. 

On 2019-10-06 at 12:31 PM, Ripper said:

Adams is good he is just streaky, he isn't a game in and game out leader. Who is that player in your receiving core this year?  

Inaccurate. Ball distribution and design. 

6 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

Well, one thing I will say is that Miller has a sweet gig.  I would estimate he is making anywhere from $300 - $400,000 a year, perhaps even slightly more.  That is likely far more than he would earn at Pinnacle.  

18 hours ago, Carlos Harper said:

I've been wanting to ask, how do you know that the CEO only reports to the BoD once a year?  I've been on more than a few boards, and I've never seen anything even remotely like that.   Also, a CEO is largely self directed, because he's the "expert" and a board is normally not.  Also, in my experience, a football CEO would not be involved in stadium management, concessions or operations because they would hire people to manage those things.   

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

I've been wanting to ask, how do you know that the CEO only reports to the BoD once a year?  I've been on more than a few boards, and I've never seen anything even remotely like that.   Also, a CEO is largely self directed, because he's the "expert" and a board is normally not.  Also, in my experience, a football CEO would not be involved in stadium management, concessions or operations because they would hire people to manage those things.   

I would expect they have monthly board or quarterly board meetings where the CEO would be attendance.