World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

36 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

US sanctions will destabilize Russia greatly. Europe needs to follow suit as well but by far and away the most crippling sanctions need to come, and can only come, from the USA.

The money that flows through Europe is what matters. The US sanctions won't mean much as long as the oligarchs of Russia still play in Europe and launder their money there. 

49 minutes ago, bustamente said:

This seems to be the 1st act in Putin's United States of Russia, slowly take Ukraine and see what the World does and then set your sights on the next country. 

Russia has had troops in Ukraine for 8 years. They're just carving off pieces, hoping to destabilize another region, and take over. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

The money that flows through Europe is what matters. The US sanctions won't mean much as long as the oligarchs of Russia still play in Europe and launder their money there. 

Russia has had troops in Ukraine for 8 years. They're just carving off pieces, hoping to destabilize another region, and take over. 

I think you are vastly underestimating how much oligarch money is laundered in the USA.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

It's Europe that needs to enact them (but won't). They rely on that Russian money. 

Russian oligarcs need Europe and North America to silo their money away and actually travel to those places to enjoy it. Russian currency fluctuates wildly, and any armed conflict or threat of same will depress the ruble's value. The Russian economy is heavily dependent on petroleum/gas exports, mostly to Europe, and if the western nations (Europe, really) get their act together and build that pipleline from the Caucaus to Europe, the Russian economy and ruble will crater. Putin's actions ought to spur that on.

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Russian oligarcs need Europe and North America to silo their money away and actually travel to those places to enjoy it. Russian currency fluctuates wildly, and any armed conflict or threat of same will depress the ruble's value. The Russian economy is heavily dependent on petroleum/gas exports, mostly to Europe, and if the western nations (Europe, really) get their act together and build that pipleline from the Caucaus to Europe, the Russian economy and ruble will crater. Putin's actions ought to spur that on.

I checked just now and the Ruble is down 14%.

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Funny that Putins biggest supporter/fan  is one of the biggest if not the biggest star in Washington. 

Trump refers to Russian aggression towards Ukraine as 'genius

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-calls-putin-genius-ukraine-invasion-1311025/

"
“I said, ‘This is genius,'” Trump said on a right-wing podcast. “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep the peace all right. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy … I know him very well. Very, very well  "

please die.

Edited by Mark F

22 minutes ago, Mark F said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-calls-putin-genius-ukraine-invasion-1311025/

"
“I said, ‘This is genius,'” Trump said on a right-wing podcast. “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep the peace all right. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy … I know him very well. Very, very well  "

please die.

No ****... Betty White's dead and this sac-o-**** is still praising dictators... best argument for Atheists. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

39 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"

please die.

Was referring to Ovechkin

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

"

please die.

Trump may have been unwittingly comparing Putin to himself.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

if Trump truly were a smart man he would have stayed out of politics altogether

Puppet, laugh, Puppet Show

Actually politics is the perfect spot for grifting. He’s a horrible human being but picked his spot well here along with some other (not all) horrible human beings on both sides of the aisle lining theirs and their donors pockets.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Trump with all his businesses in the shits decided while in the WH that the grift would begin by using the Trump hotel in DC and fleecing diplomats from around the world looking for favors then sticking to the American taxpayer with his eyepopping golf bills, and now is taking every cent he can from the rubes that still admire a failed businessman and terrible president

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-russia-crisis-feb23-2022-1.6361074

Europe braced for further confrontation Wednesday and Ukraine urged its citizens to leave Russia after tensions escalated dramatically when Russia's leader got the OK to use military force outside his country and the West responded with a raft of sanctions.

Hopes for a diplomatic way out of a new, potentially devastating war appeared all but sunk as the U.S. and key European allies accused Moscow on Tuesday of crossing a red line in rolling over Ukraine's border into separatist regions — with several calling it an invasion.

...the threat of war has shredded Ukraine's economy and raised the spectre of massive casualties, energy shortages across Europe and global economic chaos.

Man, **** Russia.

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

Trump with all his businesses in the shits decided while in the WH that the grift would begin by using the Trump hotel in DC and fleecing diplomats from around the world looking for favors then sticking to the American taxpayer with his eyepopping golf bills, and now is taking every cent he can from the rubes that still admire a failed businessman and terrible president

If one cruises round the net, you will find that Trump is a serious competitor to the Elvis estate, when it comes to peddling all and sundry items......