World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

On youtube their is a guy with a tesla in Regina and he maps out how it handles in winter,  the mileage he gets and overall experiences.     He shows how it handles being started after a night of being left out in -30 weather and how it handles road trips.     It does work very well with the only obvious issue being that the battery during the frigid times in winter usually only get about 60% compared to how it handles in nice weather.    

I think Tesla has done some work insulating their batteries since then but realistically a best case scenario in our climate is probably 20% loss of range from the cold, and likely another 10% in range from driving in snow and slush. For city drivers this will be a non issue. For rural drivers it will be a big factor.

Edited by GCn20

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not just oil money.  This current government has a spending problem and before Trudeau's acolytes try to come to his defence, I will simply advise them to go look at his yearly deficits and ask them where did the money go? I haven't seen it. Doesn't pass the eyeball test to me, and I am far from alone in that belief.

You could just read the audited financial statements: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/services/publications/annual-financial-report/2021.html

It's all right there. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

You could just read the audited financial statements: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/services/publications/annual-financial-report/2021.html

It's all right there. 

Yep...as I said not just oil money frittered away. I have looked at this document many times. It's one of my main drivers for wanting Trudeau's government gone.

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Not just oil money.  This current government has a spending problem and before Trudeau's acolytes try to come to his defence, I will simply advise them to go look at his yearly deficits and ask them where did the money go? I haven't seen it. Doesn't pass the eyeball test to me, and I am far from alone in that belief.

1. Increased transfers to the provinces (MB. alone has increased by more than 1 billion annually)

2. Pandemic spending - I'm sure most of CERB was borrowed money

Just now, Mark H. said:

1. Increased transfers to the provinces (MB. alone has increased by more than 1 billion annually)

Oil revenues have dropped since Harper left. So, the Feds are getting less. Not sure where the comment about "oil money" comes from. It's just nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

By their own figures pandemic spending increased the deficit by 240 billion dollars. We know that CERB abuse and mismanagement of funds could have kept that number down to even a lower amount but even if it was spent perfectly, which we know it wasn't, there is a small matter of a 80 billion dollar deficit on top of pandemic spending. That is outrageous in my mind. If you want to excuse it, your perogative.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oil revenues have dropped since Harper left. So, the Feds are getting less. Not sure where the comment about "oil money" comes from. It's just nonsense. 

Oil is 140 dollars a barrel right now. We should clear our deficit off the books in no time with Keystone XL filling the million barrel a day void....oh ****...

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

You asked where the money went. Well, the budget and audited financial statements will tell you exactly where it went. 

Again, your comment doesn't make any sense. It's some sort of partisan hand waving. 

Furthermore, I did not ask where the money went. I asked if the spending met anyone's eyeball test. Just because money was spent doesn't mean it was spent effectively. I know full well where it went, what I care about is whether it was effectively spent. When I see the CERB abuses, just as a starting point, I really feel a ton of money was wasted in this 327 billion spending spree.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Oil is 140 dollars a barrel right now. We should clear our deficit off the books in no time with Keystone XL filling the million barrel a day void....oh ****...

Once again, this is all nonsensical. 

How do you read the audited financial statements for the year ending March 31st, 2021 and equate that to today's oil price? 

Again, Canada has done much better economically throughout the pandemic than most nations in the developed world. Our inflation numbers are some of the best and the unemployment numbers released today, less than pre-pandemic levels, suggest good things on the horizon.

Canada adds 337K jobs in February, unemployment drops below pre-pandemic levels - National | Globalnews.ca

Many of the provinces, especially prairie provinces, are decreasing spending and calling in the feds to help, which they have done throughout the pandemic. A recent example of this is Manitoba going "post-Covid" while still requiring federal emergency help to deal with high Covid counts. If you want to talk mismanagement, the prairie provinces passing the buck is a good place to start.

Edited by WildPath

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

BUt wouldn't the Keystone XL cost something to build? I mean- it's not free... WOuldn't we be going deeper into debt with that project? 

I don't see your line of logic here... unless you're saying there is a pipeline fairy somewhere...

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Anyone thinking that this rise in gas price expedites EV conversion is dreaming technicolor, the appetite might be there by the people but the world is not ready for it yet. 

Since when is anything done until the entire world is ready for it?  

Same person who complains that EV's aren't a solution because they can't be built fast enough ignores the reason they can't be built fast enough is due to high demand from consumers.

Just now, Wideleft said:

Since when is anything done until the entire world is ready for it?  

Same person who complains that EV's aren't a solution because they can't be built fast enough ignores the reason they can't be built fast enough is due to high demand from consumers.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Things Conservatives are very good at:

1.       Ignoring government spending, deficit, debt, when in power.

2.      Shouting about it when out of power.

3.      Being unable to comprehend this inconsistency.

Remember **** cheney ? "Deficits dont matter" Should have finished the sentence with "when im doing the spending"

harper deficits were very large. Same Manitoba conservatives.

manitoba ndp under doer had a balanced budget.

its not the spending they care about. Its who gets the money. See: Trump.

They do not want some of the government spending. They want all of it.

Edited by Mark F

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

BUt wouldn't the Keystone XL cost something to build? I mean- it's not free... WOuldn't we be going deeper into debt with that project? 

I don't see your line of logic here... unless you're saying there is a pipeline fairy somewhere...

Not to mention the fact that the Biden administration has been clear on this project for well over a year now... Oh, another fact: TC Energy, the developer/owner of the pipeline, abandoned the project altogether last June.

54 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

By their own figures pandemic spending increased the deficit by 240 billion dollars. We know that CERB abuse and mismanagement of funds could have kept that number down to even a lower amount but even if it was spent perfectly, which we know it wasn't, there is a small matter of a 80 billion dollar deficit on top of pandemic spending. That is outrageous in my mind. If you want to excuse it, your perogative.

Sorry, I thought you were asking what the money was spent on. 

CERB faced some minor abuse that can and will be traced. AG has suggested an audit and review. People will always try to take advantage, especially in an emergency situation. But CERB kept the economy going, kept people in their homes and there really wasn't anything else to do. Certainly no reasonable alternative was proposed. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

CERB faced some minor abuse that can and will be traced. AG has suggested an audit and review. People will always try to take advantage, especially in an emergency situation. But CERB kept the economy going, kept people in their homes and there really wasn't anything else to do. Certainly no reasonable alternative was proposed. 

Yup the counter to this and other issues that drowns out all other counters cuz it’s loud and obnoxious is usually F Trudeau, muh rights, muh freedom of speech, I’m a patriot.

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Not to mention the fact that the Biden administration has been clear on this project for well over a year now... Oh, another fact: TC Energy, the developer/owner of the pipeline, abandoned the project altogether last June.

And Evraz, which is a major steel/pipeline supplier for Canadian pipelines is now under sanctions because it is 30% Russian owned.