World Politics

Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-war-russia-march10-1.6379527

The list of war crimes committed by Russian forces continues to lengthen. 

It's just disgusting what this mad man is going to get away with. Ruining history country, sending conscripts to their deaths for no good reason and wantonly bombing civilians.  Putin can go **** himself with a rusty fork.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

It's just disgusting what this mad man is going to get away with. Ruining history country, sending conscripts to their deaths for no good reason and wantonly bombing civilians.  Putin can go **** himself with a rusty fork.

Hey, its being looked into:

Kremlin to look into attack on Ukraine hospital
https://thehill.com/policy/international/russia/597646-kremlin-to-look-into-attack-on-ukraine-hospital

Up next - a strong and powerful denial.....

9 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hey, its being looked into:

Kremlin to look into attack on Ukraine hospital
https://thehill.com/policy/international/russia/597646-kremlin-to-look-into-attack-on-ukraine-hospital

Up next - a strong and powerful denial.....

They've already denied it. Apparently, the hospital was actually a base. This has been confirmed by Russian diplomats. All very on the up and up.  ;)

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

They've already denied it. Apparently, the hospital was actually a base. This has been confirmed by Russian diplomats. All very on the up and up.  ;)

Yup, actually the only dead are Ukrainian "crisis actors"

Edited by do or die

PBS did an interview with the Mayor of Konotop. They blurred out the portrait behind him because....it was a photo of a Nazi Leader Stepan Bandera.

The mayor (Semenikhen) is a well know Neo-Nazi apparently.

He said during the interview he's using American weapons to kill Russians. Kind of a damned if you damned if you don't situation. But the west needs to be VERY careful doing this. Especially with the propaganda out of Russia that they are de-nazifying Ukraine.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

PBS did an interview with the Mayor of Konotop. They blurred out the portrait behind him because....it was a photo of a Nazi Leader Stepan Bandera.

The mayor (Semenikhen) is a well know Neo-Nazi apparently.

He said during the interview he's using American weapons to kill Russians. Kind of a damned if you damned if you don't situation. But the west needs to be VERY careful doing this. Especially with the propaganda out of Russia that they are de-nazifying Ukraine.

FYI: Bandera was not a Nazi, but he did cooperate with the Nazi invasion to drive out the Russians during the early days of WW2 to try to gain Ukrainian independence from Russia. When the Nazis turned on the Ukrainian partisans, he fought them as well, and again against the Russians when they returned to Ukraine. The Russians mounted a major disinformation campaign to vilify him and paint him as an absolute Nazi. I believe the KGB assassinated him in Vienna after the war.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

FYI: Bandera was not a Nazi, but he did cooperate with the Nazi invasion to drive out the Russians during the early days of WW2 to try to gain Ukrainian independence from Russia. When the Nazis turned on the Ukrainian partisans, he fought them as well, and again against the Russians when they returned to Ukraine. The Russians mounted a major disinformation campaign to vilify him and paint him as an absolute Nazi. I believe the KGB assassinated him in Vienna after the war.

I've tried finding info on him, but it hasn't been clear

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TBF, the USA takes out a children's hospital every war.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbl3TQq4SRD14tEutIjYTi8aa_yQGH_rh2jWJAWFuMUso8HtQWYQwEGK81jaAc_nEPpWw&usqp=CAU

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

IIRC, he was poisoned in Munich and died shortly after. He remains a controversial figure to this day in Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

re: EV's..... I thought the GM Superbowl ad said they were going to be exclusively producing EVs by 2025. Not sure if there's "fine print" that goes with that, or what, but I was intrigued anyhow....

The start button to an all-electric future has been pushed

Introducing the revolutionary Ultium Platform. Engineered for range, power and flexibility to charge fast, run long and fit every type of vehicle. An innovation that’s powering General Motors’ plan to offer 30 new EVs globally by 2025. Which means the day will soon come when everybody can drive an EV. Welcome to Generation E. Join us and together we’ll emit optimism.

https://www.gm.com/commitments/electrification

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

re: EV's..... I thought the GM Superbowl ad said they were going to be exclusively producing EVs by 2025. Not sure if there's "fine print" that goes with that, or what, but I was intrigued anyhow....

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

The start button to an all-electric future has been pushed

Introducing the revolutionary Ultium Platform. Engineered for range, power and flexibility to charge fast, run long and fit every type of vehicle. An innovation that’s powering General Motors’ plan to offer 30 new EVs globally by 2025. Which means the day will soon come when everybody can drive an EV. Welcome to Generation E. Join us and together we’ll emit optimism.

https://www.gm.com/commitments/electrification

I put a $100 deposit to get on the cue for the 2024 Silverado EV WT...this is the work truck version that doesn't cost 100k. I received an email from GM Canada stating that they received my deposit and that due to limited supply I was on a cue for the 2026 production year.

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I put a $100 deposit to get on the cue for the 2024 Silverado EV WT...this is the work truck version that doesn't cost 100k. I received an email from GM Canada stating that they received my deposit and that due to limited supply I was on a cue for the 2026 production year.

Yeah, that's really what I need... a Silverado EV. Crazy that they're already limited on availability...

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There's so much demand and so little supply right now. Everyone seems to be trying to catch up but supply chain disruptions have put everything back. The waiting lists are long for all EVs, it seems. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

There's so much demand and so little supply right now. Everyone seems to be trying to catch up but supply chain disruptions have put everything back. The waiting lists are long for all EVs, it seems. 

The chip shortage has significantly affected industries around the world, vehicle production in particular (regardless of propulsion system).

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

Chevy hasn't finished building it's EV plant yet. Not sure why the others are so slow out of the gate too. Could very well be the chips, although, both Chevy and Ford are both predicting normal production for 2022 and 2023 on all their gas models.

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

Chevy has 150000 on the reservation list for the Silverado EV. Most will not get one until 2025 at the earliest. That's not huge production numbers in the next few years considering they are successfully rolling out 600000 gas Silverados for 2022 alone. The Ford Lightning is not taking reservations but demand is so high that their dealers were scalping them for outrageous sums. Not even going to talk about Tesla....who took 10k down payments on Cybertrucks that were supposed to be rolled out 2 years ago and are still not even close to being on the market. Bottom line is that it is unlikely EVs become mainstream before 2030.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, that's really what I need... a Silverado EV. Crazy that they're already limited on availability...

I can't wait to get mine. I am really hoping that someone puts a charging station between Winnipeg and Thompson though or I will have to use my current Silverado. Charging stations, or lack thereof, are certainly a huge concern for anyone rural who may be looking at an EV.

Edited by GCn20

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I can't wait to get mine. I am really hoping that someone puts a charging station between Winnipeg and Thompson though or I will have to use my current Silverado. Charging stations, or lack thereof, are certainly a huge concern for anyone rural who may be looking at an EV.

I would be SHOCKED if there wasn't one along the way....I'm not sure on the direct route to Thompson, but Dauphin or The Pas has gotta have at least one, you'd think. 

So much propaganda and misinformation surrounding the Russia/Ukraine conflict.  So, to get the straight goods........listen to The Alex Jones Show on INFORWARS

Global Emergency Broadcast Is LIVE: Globalist-Backed Ukraine Orders Russia “To Surrender” – Intel Shows NWO Forces Preparing to Launch False Flag Bio/Chemical/Radiological Attack!!
Alex Jones has reverse-engineered the global elite’s next move & will lay out exclusive CRITICAL INTEL that’s absolutely essential to the future of humanity! Tune in NOW!
https://www.infowars.com/posts/actor-sean-penn-trying-to-restart-mig-29-transfer-to-ukraine-stoking-fears-of-wwiii-thursday-live/

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would be SHOCKED if there wasn't one along the way....I'm not sure on the direct route to Thompson, but Dauphin or The Pas has gotta have at least one, you'd think. 

Swan River looks to be the "nearest" place to Thompson but it's not exactly on the way.

https://chargehub.com/en/countries/canada/manitoba.html