Riders @ RedBlacks

IPUgh, little frustrating to already be on bye at only week 2, but here we go.

It will be Fajardo starting tonight they say, albeit if Dickenson has subscribed to his old boss Chris Jones's way of doing things, Harker will be on the field if he doesn't get enough consistency going.

Hard to say who's got the bigger test of fire in this one.

For SSK, question could be whether or not they're better or worse off not having Collaros run the offense given some of his dwindling level of play.  Gonna have a better idea of what their current backups look like tonight.

For Ottawa, well yes they did what they had to do last week to get the win, but can't help but feel they got a lot of luck from CGY beating themselves as well.  Gonna have a bigger challenge against the SSK defense tonight for sure.

Gonna be a revealer of which team is who we thought they were

Until the Sask defense actually shows it's even a close resemblance to last years team, I can't give it the love and say they should/can be a difference maker and a reason they could pull out wins...

Jones is gone and he made it work

Equaven is gone...probably their best all around defender 

Jefferson is gone and was a force and a problem for OC's

Hughes faded bad...is older and showed noting first game

Micha Johnson won't be the difference maker and play maker Jefferson was

Gainey is overated and is boom or bust...and to much a me first guy

Edem flat out sucks

Hurl and Judge will get heavy rotation...meh to that

If Ottawa jumps out early and gets ahead by a couple scores putting the Riders in catch-up mode I can see this game getting away from them and being an easy Ottawa win

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Looks like this one will be an ugly game. Neither team has a starting level QB and both teams have pretty good defences. I'm going with Ottawa, but a big defensive play could win this one.

I'm imagining some variation of the Keystone Cops. 

NecessarySoreAmericanblackvulture-small.

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Brian Walker pencilled in at SAM - didn't he used to be a bomber?

I'm not sure why this is being asked in a Ottawa/Sask thread but yes, the ex-Bomber is playing SAM for Edmonton.  He signed with them last season and then briefly retired.  Played with them in the pre-season game here but only made their PR coming out of camp.

6 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I'm not sure why this is being asked in a Ottawa/Sask thread but yes, the ex-Bomber is playing SAM for Edmonton.  He signed with them last season and then briefly retired.  Played with them in the pre-season game here but only made their PR coming out of camp.

Ha thought it was the Around CFL thread... my bad

to be fair...2 of those picks of Davis were not his doing...his receiver Demski'd it to Cgy

If Davis plays within himself and doesn't try to be a world beater they win easily..sask has no answer for any type of offensive back and forth and will their defense will wear down as game goes on

I can see them trying to believe and live of to their hype and score defensive turnovers by taking chances and getting roasted in doing so

👁‍🗨What Saskatchewan has going for them:

The Riders were one of two teams to rush 30-plus times in Week 1 and were the only team to pass the ball less than 58 per cent of their offensive plays, which resulted in a league-high 172 rushing yards.

Saskatchewan has now gone a club record tying 6 games without a TD pass - Rob Vanstone 

They allowed the fewest yards of any Club in Week #1. 

Saskatchewan led the CFL with a TOP of 36:05 vs Hamilton last week.             - CFL Game notes

👁‍🗨What Saskatchewan has going against them:

After hours of typing and running out of iPad space, I’ve decided not to include that list..