Week 1 Bombers v Lions Pre-game

Jpan85

Some game notes..

-The Lions offence will feature at least 6 NEW STARTERS in 2019. The 6 returning starters are anchored by 4 on the O-Line.

- BC's defence is likely to have at least 5 NEW STARTERS in 2019 for a total that is almost half of the game opening lineup.

-Of the 24 players that started the West Final for Winnipeg, 16 have returned to the Club in 2019 

👁‍🗨Can’t imagine Claybrooks will make the same ‘decisions’, as a rookie Head Coach, as did Steinauer and Dickenson.

awful lotta "new" for the Bombers on that depth chart. I'm as bullish as anyone on our young OL, but jeepers, 3 of 'em across the interior....if I was a BC fan, I'd be enjoying that thought. Also, both Whitehead and Lawler starting as rookies.....

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I think that continuity and the fact we will be running full schemes on both sides of the ball will carry us through this first game...that O-line interior has me a bit nervous but at same time also a bit excited to see if the grooming of guys has paid off...

the thing about playing Guard in the CFL is you basically have to be a really good bar-room brawler. Just be more of a man than the guy across the line from you. I fully believe Geoff Gray is a man-child who will beat the piss out of some people. I don't know enough about Speller to say. Couture at C *SHOULD* be fine....I'm hopeful that our D will win the day. 

McGloster and Temple the likely scratches if the global player needs to be on the active roster.  Nelson listed as KR PR so he's *probably* not scratched. Also, with Whitehead and Lawler starting, you may want a little more support at the position.

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

McGloster and Temple the likely scratches if the global player needs to be on the active roster.  Nelson listed as KR PR so he's *probably* not scratched. Also, with Whitehead and Lawler starting, you may want a little more support at the position.

Only one scratch this year so it McGloster

57 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Some game notes..

-The Lions offence will feature at least 6 NEW STARTERS in 2019. The 6 returning starters are anchored by 4 on the O-Line.

- BC's defence is likely to have at least 5 NEW STARTERS in 2019 for a total that is almost half of the game opening lineup.

-Of the 24 players that started the West Final for Winnipeg, 16 have returned to the Club in 2019 

👁‍🗨Can’t imagine Claybrooks will make the same ‘decisions’, as a rookie Head Coach, as did Steinauer and Dickenson.

We have five new starters on O and six new starters on D 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Though guys like Rose, Hecht, and Jefferson I don't consider new...to the team yes but not the league..and Fenner as well is not a rookie...he's a former starter too

Same logic would apply to BC though - just pointing that out

43 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Yeah it might take a little bit of time to gel. Thankfully we're playing a team that's going to have the same problems.

If history is any indicator, few teams come out of the gate at full speed, and the Bombers do have a few rookies, Even if they have been around for a while, they need time to adjust to each other. So the game will probably be a bit sloppy, particularly in the first half. Bombers still gonna win, though.