CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

Always interesting to watch Taman roasted despite finding us two franchise QBs on a shoestring budget...  we blast him for trading away picks but I remember the pressure to find a QB after the Reinbold era and then after Khari's injury...remember Taman had Khari locked down for three years before they stumbled out of the gate

And interesting to watch Walters get a pass just because we're so relieved to not have Mack here anymore...  Nichols - so far - is more Kevin Glenn than Khari Jones... Im very excited  for Streveler but I also remember being excited about other backups until they became starters...

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Always interesting to watch Taman roasted despite finding us two franchise QBs on a shoestring budget...  we blast him for trading away picks but I remember the pressure to find a QB after the Reinbold era and then after Khari's injury...remember Taman had Khari locked down for three years before they stumbled out of the gate

And interesting to watch Walters get a pass just because we're so relieved to not have Mack here anymore...  Nichols - so far - is more Kevin Glenn than Khari Jones... Im very excited  for Streveler but I also remember being excited about other backups until they became starters...

remember that season Taman went out and signed both McGarity and Kamau Incompleterson.   Five games in and they had hardly any catches.  A lot of drops.  That was hard to watch.  And stomach.  Was Chris Brazzell also around at that same time?  We just seemed to have a knack for signing receivers who were actually more droppers than catchers.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 hours ago, nate007 said:

People are quick to mention Pencer and Ettienne and examples of Mack's draft busts, but I think Kris Robertson deserves some recognition as well. I'm pretty sure Mack drafted him 11th overall in 2013 based entirely on his 40 time. Don't think he even made it through a single training camp.

To be fair, Robertson blew out his ACL before camp. He healed up and came to camp the next year but got cut.

You're right, he did get drafted too high purely based on his 40.  But he was also a good DB in college, just a little undersized.

Sometimes picks just don't work out. If he hadn't had the knee injury we might be telling a different story.

Taman did a good job considering what he had to work with.  I just feel like things should have evolved after a while and we should have started accumulating draft picks.  Not having a serviceable backup middle linebacker and having to trade a 1st round pick for Zeke Moreno when Canada refused to be traded was a low point.

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Taman did a good job considering what he had to work with.  I just feel like things should have evolved after a while and we should have started accumulating draft picks.  Not having a serviceable backup middle linebacker and having to trade a 1st round pick for Zeke Moreno when Canada refused to be traded was a low point.

That's on the CFL not Taman...  that was a bogus 'settlement'

23 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

remember that season Taman went out and signed both McGarity and Kamau Incompleterson.   Five games in and they had hardly any catches.  A lot of drops.  That was hard to watch.  And stomach.  Was Chris Brazzell also around at that same time?  We just seemed to have a knack for signing receivers who were actually more droppers than catchers.

Pretty sure brazzell was after those two. Mcgarity was supposed to be an answer to a bunch of questions. And he just ended up being soo bad. I felt soo bad for k9. Such a great guy, had success after and before here just snake bitten while here. He also ended up with some pretty bad QBing at times but still. 

14 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

**** Kamau Incompleterson. Guys shitty hands started the downfall of Khari Jones here. I can never forgive him for that. Drops everything on Khari, makes some catches for Glenn... *******.

Wasn't he also the downfall of Tee Martin? Or was that Brazzel or Bowman?

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

oh no, that was KP9.....single handedly cost Tee Martin a career, I've always felt...

The guy was here for 2 (1?) training camps and around 25 games but upon his departure admitted he never got his head around the 3 down concept. As for shape, Id say when he first got here he was in good shape. (some monster runs in practice)  In 05 when he started he got run down by some awful slow interior DL. His touch and accuracy were not good. But outside of glenn and khari we did not have anything to write home about in qb talent for a very very long time. I dont think any of the guys we went through in those days were worth a can of beans. 

Edited by wbbfan

I was young but I completely remember Tee Martin throwing a perfect bomb down the field and Kamau beating the coverage only for him to drop the ball despite it floating beautifully in his hands.   Tee Martin looked good,  his receivers were absolutely atrocious.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I was young but I completely remember Tee Martin throwing a perfect bomb down the field and Kamau beating the coverage only for him to drop the ball despite it floating beautifully in his hands.   Tee Martin looked good,  his receivers were absolutely atrocious.  

I don't recall Tee looking particularly good but you're right on that play, it cost us a win.