Crossover Standings after Week 12

DougR

31 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you got a tough schedule down the stretch.  Road game in Ottawa. Edmonton is a tough road game for any team and you go there twice.  I see you winning 3 more games

It's a tough schedule but it's not undoable. Can beat any of the team on that schedule if they take care of business and get the offense going again. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It's a tough schedule but it's not undoable. Can beat any of the team on that schedule if they take care of business and get the offense going again. 

Anything is doable....The riders could win every game they have.....same with Bombers....Montreal could win the grey cup....

But being realistic is different, and lets be honest.....The bombers are lucky to go 0.500 the rest of the season. They by far have the hardest schedule the remaining of the year for all West teams. The below is TOUGH.

Sask

Mont

Edm

Ott

Sask

Cal

Edm

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I agree it is doable, get on a roll and things can happen. I think it will be tough

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If Nichols regains his form I can see them splitting the Esks, and sweeping the Riders just because the remaining two games are at home.  Good D should be able to shut down the Als. but never know which RB's team will show up so that one is hard to predict.

46 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you got a tough schedule down the stretch.  Road game in Ottawa. Edmonton is a tough road game for any team and you go there twice.  I see you winning 3 more games

Which games are our 3 then Green Sage...and how is your schedule easier...you were lucky to walk away with win vs us..and play us 2 more times in Winnipeg...Ottawa handed your butts to you, and yeah you beat CGY once...but they also beat you, and you have to go there again...highly doubt the same result occurs with a win for you

Edm has beaten you...so..they may just again...and christ you lost to MTL...so maybe they have your number and they are much improved since they beat you....so records against opponents past and future are nice to gauge and form a opinion...but each team matches up differently and any one can beat anyone..heck we throttled Mtl and Toronto yet you lost to them...and we lost to you...what does that say?...nothing really and save for a piss poor officiating call on a pick six should have lost to T.O as well...so to say one teams schedule is tougher than anothers is a opinion only..just like mine is...an opinion 

What is your win total over next 8 games and which ones are wins?

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Which games are our 3 then Green Sage...and how is your schedule easier...you were lucky to walk away with win vs us..and play us 2 more times in Winnipeg...Ottawa handed your butts to you, and yeah you beat CGY once...but they also beat you, and you have to go there again...highly doubt the same result occurs with a win for you

Edm has beaten you...so..they may just again...and christ you lost to MTL...so maybe they have your number and they are much improved since they beat you....so records against opponents past and future are nice to gauge and form a opinion...but each team matches up differently and any one can beat anyone..heck we throttled Mtl and Toronto yet you lost to them...and we lost to you...what does that say?...nothing really and save for a piss poor officiating call on a pick six should have lost to T.O as well...so to say one teams schedule is tougher than anothers is a opinion only..just like mine is...an opinion 

Man why are you trying to argue with him. His team is on a 3-0 streak and ours is on a 0-3 streak. Comparing teams wins vs loses are pointless when your team is sinking to the basement.

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

Changing the subject to talk about the Riders doesn't make your schedule any easier. I'll play along.  Nichols had 166 passing and 2 ints and we were lucky to win?, you aren't beating anyone with qb'ing like that, no matter how much Harris does.   Montreal beat us with a backup qb playing. Ottawa beat us in Ottawa after Collaros got hurt and our back up was in, we have them at home now with Collaros playing, I like our chances.   Ottawa pounded you guys with Nichols playing and now you will go into Ottawa and win, nope.  You will split with Riders with Schreveler playing second game.  You will beat Montreal and split with Edmonton.  That's 3.  A possible 4th might be if BC lays down because they are out of the hunt. I am not even sure you will split with Edmonton, I could see Reilly lighting you up.  You lose this week and it worry time. We have game in hard so even if you win, we just beat Ottawa next week and we are back in a tie with you.  Your season is hanging in the balance of whether or Nichols can do anything against a actual team above 500.  Riders have beat teams with winning records, you have not.  You can't just play eastern teams all year, its put up time for Nichols against the west teams.  Look for Schreveler to start against Montreal coming out the bye week, this is a hunch

52 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah and we were on a 3 game streak at one point as well when they were not..whats the point????....it's the cumulative result at seasons end...and the season as far as I know hasn't ended...has it??

Too bad you can't play Toronto and Hamilton all year

1 hour ago, TheBandit said:

Anything is doable....The riders could win every game they have.....same with Bombers....Montreal could win the grey cup....

But being realistic is different, and lets be honest.....The bombers are lucky to go 0.500 the rest of the season. They by far have the hardest schedule the remaining of the year for all West teams. The below is TOUGH.

Sask - We can beat these bums

Mont - We already beat these guys handily, I see no reason why we can't do it again

Edm - We lost to them by 3 in the opener, with Streveler at the helm. They're also trending the wrong way - they've lost 3 of their last 4 and don't look nearly as unstoppable as in prior years

Ott - These guys also just lost to Montreal

Sask - As said before - 'Riders are and always will be bums

Cal - If CAL continues on their torrid pace, they'll likely be playing backups in this game if they've locked up the West. Also, it's at home for us.

Edm - Again - I think we can beat these guys

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Changing the subject to talk about the Riders doesn't make your schedule any easier. I'll play along.  Nichols had 166 passing and 2 ints and we were lucky to win?, you aren't beating anyone with qb'ing like that, no matter how much Harris does.   Montreal beat us with a backup qb playing. Ottawa beat us in Ottawa after Collaros got hurt and our back up was in, we have them at home now with Collaros playing, I like our chances.   Ottawa pounded you guys with Nichols playing and now you will go into Ottawa and win, nope.  You will split with Riders with Schreveler playing second game.  You will beat Montreal and split with Edmonton.  That's 3.  A possible 4th might be if BC lays down because they are out of the hunt. I am not even sure you will split with Edmonton, I could see Reilly lighting you up.  You lose this week and it worry time. We have game in hard so even if you win, we just beat Ottawa next week and we are back in a tie with you.  Your season is hanging in the balance of whether or Nichols can do anything against a actual team above 500.  Riders have beat teams with winning records, you have not.  You can't just play eastern teams all year, its put up time for Nichols against the west teams.  Look for Schreveler to start against Montreal coming out the bye week, this is a hunch

Wanted to see your u=insight in remaining schedule and reasoning for why you predict 3 wins...and compare your schedule which I think is...in my opinion just as difficult as what your opinion of ours is...if not more....it wasn't intended to change subject to the Riders to make ours any easier...thats just an immature and frankly way off base comment...expected from a RIder fan...but whatever

Nichols had 166 passing and 2 ints and we were lucky to win? Nichols wasn't the reason we lost with his "irrelevant stats"...it was the pop warner play by us on your return TD...and the basically pick six your defense got you...so your superior quarterback won't win many games generating 17 points a game in the CFL..and like Rider fans trumpeted last 2 years when our defense and ST 's were producing scores week in and week out...it won't last

Ottawa beat us in Ottawa after Collaros got hurt and our back up was in So your QB got hurt and you lost...that's just an excuse really...we hammered Montreal with as raw a rookie as you can have..on the road...and the 3rd stringer as well chipped in points...whats your point...should we have defaulted that as a loss?..I guess our back-up is better...you saying if Collaros goes out again..which is likely that you guys won't win again??

Riders have beat teams with winning records The rest of your analysis is your own opinion basically and really based on nothing...and thats your right to have...no qualms with that...but you guys are 1-3 versus teams with a winning record at this point in the year...so again..whats your point?....your season is really just as much in the balance as is Edmonton and Winnipegs...really...not sure how you feel Sask is in the drivers seat by any means....do explain...

23 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Too bad you can't play Toronto and Hamilton all year

Yeah no doubt...too bad you cant play Montreal all year...oh crap...they beat you....as will T.O most likely as Carter eats your lunch...you barely eeked out a win against them before when they were brutal

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah and we were on a 3 game streak at one point as well when they were not..whats the point????....it's the cumulative result at seasons end...and the season as far as I know hasn't ended...has it??

Depends on who ask around here. 5-6 seems to mean clean house and cancel the remainder of the games to some.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup..5-2...I'll stand by that claim

I look at things differently than disgruntled and with no offence to anyone on here.. somewhat ignorance of aspects of pro football and reasons for what. And why.. and fuel a lot of their opinions an ideals on passion for a team and at b.c times..unfounded displeasure of things...but to each their own..let the next 7 play out and then discuss

For this to be a credible prediction, there would have to be some major changes in the Bomber starting lineup and defensive game planning, and O'Shea's record suggests this is not likely.

I was pretty high on this team right up until the last 3 games, then the warts started to show. If Harris didn't carry the offense, nobody else could and now, even Harris can't drag them along with him.

And you can't dismiss the other 2 phases of the team. Defence and special teams all need to contribute and not just once in awhile, every game.

Until this team gains consistency in all 3 phases, I don't think it's realistic to expect a tweak here or there will get them over the hump.

They have to figure out how to get all 3 phases playing well for 60 minutes for the next 7 games and into the playoffs and that will fall squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. We are about to find out if these are the right guys for the job. 

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

I was pretty high on this team right up until the last 3 games, then the warts started to show. If Harris didn't carry the offense, nobody else could and now, even Harris can't drag them along with him.

And you can't dismiss the other 2 phases of the team. Defence and special teams all need to contribute and not just once in awhile, every game.

Until this team gains consistency in all 3 phases, I don't think it's realistic to expect a tweak here or there will get them over the hump.

They have to figure out how to get all 3 phases playing well for 60 minutes for the next 7 games and into the playoffs and that will fall squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff. We are about to find out if these are the right guys for the job. 

I haven't seen one phase play 60 minutes let alone all three phases. How does the team change this?

6 hours ago, TheBandit said:

Sask

Mont

Edm

Ott

Sask

Cal

Edm

Based on what we have seen right now I would say win, win, the rest are losses. No cross-over.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah no doubt...too bad you cant play Montreal all year...oh crap...they beat you....as will T.O most likely as Carter eats your lunch...you barely eeked out a win against them before when they were brutal

You’re out to lunch man. Our team is looking like hot garbage right now. Wake up.

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's the beauty of the CFL, it can all change in a months time. 3 weeks ago the riders were in the west division toilet.

That is very true. However three to five weeks ago they were relying on their brutal backup Air Canada. We are relying on our starting QB who can’t get it done.