Argos @ Tiger-Cats

Zontar

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Playing an evening game on Labour Day when kids have to be in school tomorrow is insane. TSN doesn't give two hoots about the fans.  There's 5 hours between games today. is there an MLS game in between? 

Tomorrow is an administration day - most kids will start school on Wednesday. 

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Tomorrow is an administration day - most kids will start school on Wednesday. 

Maybe in Manitoba but here in AB school starts tomorrow. I wonder if it's the same this year in Hamilton  as I read last year that there were a lot of complaints (this being one of them) that school started the next day. 

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maybe in Manitoba but here in AB school starts tomorrow. I wonder if it's the same this year in Hamilton  as I read last year that there were a lot of complaints (this being one of them) that school started the next day. 

You are correct. I just checked out one of the calendars out there - they had three administration days last week. 

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Well Argos are now 3 and 7, Montreal is 3 and 8, BC at 3-6. We've got a two game lead for the crossover.

but Montreal is showing signs of life, whereas we are showing signs that the ship is taking on water.   who in their right mind after week 2 would have thought that our next game after Banjo Bowl against, at the time, the lowly Als wouldn't be an absolute gimmie.  Now it could be the most critical game of the season if we're carrying a 5 game losing streak into it.

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If its Labour Day and we're already hoping that the team is good enough to make a crossover, that says something really sad about the 2018 Bombers/

I agree.

I was thinking today, about  the glory days, when we had James West, Tyrone, and company, the Bombers were waiting to see which team they would face in the Western final.....

I heard an interview with James West, he was asked which team he would prefer to play...

his answer was "the best one". Those were different days. Heard some radio interviews with Calgary players today, Bo, and a defensive guy.

They have that attitude.

Fans hoping for the team to be better than the worst is not a good thing.

Edited by Mark F

18 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If its Labour Day and we're already hoping that the team is good enough to make a crossover, that says something really sad about the 2018 Bombers/

I hope we at the least maintain the crossover spot.... but,  by that time we have the QB situation figured out ....  then we plan the parade

9 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I can't see any western cross over team advancing very far this year.

Hamilton & Ottawa are both set at the qb position and Montreal seems to have found something Pipkin. Toronto is the only week link in the east right now. 

I am not sold on Trevor Harris. In the Ottawa vs. Montreal game last week, he did nothing, possession after possession. Well, other than rattle off long snap counts. 

25 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I can't see any western cross over team advancing very far this year.

Hamilton & Ottawa are both set at the qb position and Montreal seems to have found something Pipkin. Toronto is the only week link in the east right now. 

Hoping for second in the west.... but would settle for the cross over....it's always better than nothing right ?

Pipkin has had how many games?? Diddo Thompson??

Man people are so quick to think these guys are gonna be great.  it's been 2 or 3 games.  let's not start anointing them as the  next best things yet..  CFL history is rife with flash in the pans.. hell how many have we seen??

I get the negatrons want so badly to show how pathetic our QB is and yadayadayada but let's see if Nichols snaps out of it or if these 2 can continue on their rises to greatness before we proclaim the east set in stone.