Edmonton at Hamilton - Week 11

Mr Dee

19 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I don’t quite agree about the Esks D. Their offence had a lead at halftime mostly due to turnovers. Then they proceeded to not score any points at all during the second half. Their O showed up for one turnover aided quarter. 

Nah, Reilly turned into an IRA Bomber that second quarter throwing bombs everywhere. He was crazy. That fumble by Gable (who I have never liked) just took the wind out of their sails at the start of the second half. They never recovered after that.  Crazy as that is.  Their D secondary is a cluster.... 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

seeing Masoli move the ball at will at the end of that game is reminiscent of what a good QB can do to the Bombers..... sure would be nice to see a good NFL cut DB parachuted in here in the next few weeks and firm things up!  a nice WR prospect would be nice too!  

Masoli is some kind of special, from unimaginable brain farts to improbable completions, he covers both ends of the spectrum from brutal to brilliant. Gotta hand it to that Hamilton D though, pitching a shut out in the second half was the only chance they had of winning that game, and they did it, gotta give credit where it is due. 

And this why the CFL is so interesting this year. There is parity across the league. I've read here that the bombers are no where near as good as the esks...but they just lost to a Hamilton team that the bombers beat. Hope this puts things into perspective for people. Any team can beat any team (even MTL). It's just about who shows up. 1 loss doesnt = season over.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Masoli is some kind of special, from unimaginable brain farts to improbable completions, he covers both ends of the spectrum from brutal to brilliant. Gotta hand it to that Hamilton D though, pitching a shut out in the second half was the only chance they had of winning that game, and they did it, gotta give credit where it is due. 

it's pretty impressive to pitch a shut out in 3 quarters of a CFL game, they almost blew it though with that atrocious 2nd quarter though. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

And this why the CFL is so interesting this year. There is parity across the league. I've read here that the bombers are no where near as good as the esks...but they just lost to a Hamilton team that the bombers beat. Hope this puts things into perspective for people. Any team can beat any team (even MTL). It's just about who shows up. 1 loss doesnt = season over.

Yup! Saskatchewan lost to Montreal then beat Calgary. Weird...

For years, the Esks have loaded up on one side of the ball while sacrificing the other. They haven't had a great defense in a long time. It's all about Mike Reilly throwing & his receivers making ridiculous catches. It's fun to watch & they are explosive but defense wins championships & offense sells tickets.  Until Sunderland & Maas decide they need to channel financial resources away from their offense to build their defense, they'll never win a championship.

It   really is entertaining watching Masoli play like a quarterback machine, then have unforced fumbles, throw picks and dirtballs, , then pull himself together, and go back to outstanding again.

Must be a bit tough on everyone around him though.

A few years ago, before Collaros got hurt, Hamilton was the best team in the league, specially their defence. Still have some of those guys on defence.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, pigseye said:

Masoli is some kind of special, from unimaginable brain farts to improbable completions

Masoli made some impressive throws after his thrown int. on the way to their first TD. Then he was Messoli for awhile. Dumb throw at the end of the half..

Anyone else see how close Reilly came to crossing the line of scrimmage on his (last?) touchdown?  I was watching on my phone with the volume off but it looking like his plant foot was on the line and his left foot in the air was over the line.  I really thought they would replay that to death to confirm he was in fact behind the line!