Edmonton at Hamilton - Week 11

Mr Dee

I was laughing my butt off after goalpost throw number 2. Number 1 was surprising but number 2 was amazing. It is not like those things move around a lot. Quite the mental toughness for Masoli to bounce back after those throws and a pretty awful interception. That 95 yard pass and run could have broken the Tabbie's backs but no they came back and the D tightened up.

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Anyone else see how close Reilly came to crossing the line of scrimmage on his (last?) touchdown?  I was watching on my phone with the volume off but it looking like his plant foot was on the line and his left foot in the air was over the line.  I really thought they would replay that to death to confirm he was in fact behind the line!

The replay showed his back foot was basically on the line or just before it, his forward foot came down over the line but he'd already thrown the ball before that came down. It was damned close but I think they got the call right. Threw the ball at the last possible second but I do think he got rid of it. 

1 hour ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Anyone else see how close Reilly came to crossing the line of scrimmage on his (last?) touchdown?  I was watching on my phone with the volume off but it looking like his plant foot was on the line and his left foot in the air was over the line.  I really thought they would replay that to death to confirm he was in fact behind the line!

I re-watched it five times, he crossed it no doubt, he went a full foot beyond the L.O.S.. How the frick they let that go is beyond me.

The L.O.S.

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Didn't they just change the rule for that. Only one part of ur body has to be on or behind the line when the ball is released. His one foot is still on the line. I saw no issue with that pass.

The L.O.S. is aprox. 1 ft. before the Esks. 15 yd. line, at 2:26 Reilly reaches that point and is still in possession of the ball, by the time he releases the ball his entire body is beyond the 15 yd. line.  The caveat is that he was airborne when he released it, but to me a plane is a plane and he definitely broke it.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/08/23/ticats-character-win-aids-sweeping-season-series-vs-esks/

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The L.O.S.

The L.O.S. is aprox. 1 ft. before the Esks. 15 yd. line, at 2:26 Reilly reaches that point and is still in possession of the ball, by the time he releases the ball his entire body is beyond the 15 yd. line.  The caveat is that he was airborne when he released it, but to me a plane is a plane and he definitely broke it.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/08/23/ticats-character-win-aids-sweeping-season-series-vs-esks/

Ricky Ray was always bad for this... and the refs let him do it over and over...

19 hours ago, Mark F said:

Masoli probably had one of the best games of his career agin the Bombers earlier. annoying.

QFT. 2017.

Richie Hall's soft-coverage D on display for all to see. Sad to say not much has changed.

Streveler had the early game this season and although we lost, you can see his potential.

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You not going to show the games against Masoli where the Bombers D won the game like three weeks ago? Or last August?

I was responding to a post about how good Masoli played against us. Watch him shred Hall's D. 

35 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The L.O.S.

Oh I thought the LOS was the 15yrd line. If it wasn't, then it was very much over the line.