Around The NHL 2018/2019

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Good. But, if he scored more goals, this would have been 5 games. 

The Department of Player Safety is a joke. 

Interesting theory. In the last 5-10 years do we have an actual example that is similar to Wilson's hit to support it? And I ask this as neutrally as possible.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Interesting theory. In the last 5-10 years do we have an actual example that is similar to Wilson's hit to support it? And I ask this as neutrally as possible.

Marchand? Repeat offender, scores goals, gets short suspensions.

Example - boarded a guy head first. 

Better example:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2017-18-nhl-suspension-tracker-32-man-games-lost-far/

Marchand got 5 games for this elbow to the head. 

Edited by JCon

Gotta love TSN - they make this stat page about most goal scoring centres over the past two years... just so they can get three Leafs on the list...

Then Im like now way Nazem Kadri is one of the top eight goal scoring centres in the league...

So I took two minutes to check on NHL.com stats - and their numbers aren't even correct.  

Edit:  I guess I cant totally bash them... but they just randomly excluded Rakell to get Kadri on the list

Edited by Floyd

Getting pretty lost in these suspensions...

Marchand got a game misconduct - why another suspension?  Maybe don't be a **** and celebrate a 7-0 goal or whatever it was...

Same with Tom Wilson - why not just keep your head up when cutting into the slot...?  That used to be basic hockey - guess its really changing.

Even Domi's...  was it really that bad?

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Getting pretty lost in these suspensions...

Marchand got a game misconduct - why another suspension?  Maybe don't be a **** and celebrate a 7-0 goal or whatever it was...

Same with Tom Wilson - why not just keep your head up when cutting into the slot...?  That used to be basic hockey - guess its really changing.

Even Domi's...  was it really that bad?

Marchand is repeat offender and should have got 10 games. His feelings were hurt so he can sucker punch someone? 

Wilson shouldn't be on the league but is. The guy should keep his head up but that doesn't give you a green-light to headhunt him. Things are changing because we know more about the effects of concussions. Don't know why we would want it any other way.

Domi should have gotten more for sucker punching Ekblad. Why on earth would you want some scrub sucker punching a star in this league? 

On 2018-10-04 at 1:51 PM, JCon said:

Marchand is repeat offender and should have got 10 games. His feelings were hurt so he can sucker punch someone? 

Wilson shouldn't be on the league but is. The guy should keep his head up but that doesn't give you a green-light to headhunt him. Things are changing because we know more about the effects of concussions. Don't know why we would want it any other way.

Domi should have gotten more for sucker punching Ekblad. Why on earth would you want some scrub sucker punching a star in this league? 

We may have different versions of 'Sucker punch'...  if a guy is after you, like you could defend yourself too...

Im too old school I guess.