Around The NHL 2018/2019

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He goes to the same goalie school as Helle does. He's Helles buddy. 

You think the pros know more? Nah that's crazy talk.. Ppl on fan forums know more. 

My remark was clearly meant to convey a sense that if the Jets intent him to play 30 games, its a serious sign of confidence towards a goalie who has played a sum total of 22 NHL games in his entire life.  But feel free to always take the low road with your ******* comments.  Im still waiting for the Jets to get rid of Blake Wheeler, mr expert.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎10 at 12:53 PM, Floyd said:

We don't know more than the pros...  but you never provide a link or source when you quote the pros either... so its hard to believe they said Brossoit will play 30+ games

Have been hearing from multiple hockey sources here in Kelowna that Brossoit has been working out hard with the other goalies here and has looked good.  Maybe following Carey Price's work-out every day will rub off on him! :)

On 2018-09-10 at 2:53 PM, Floyd said:

We don't know more than the pros...  but you never provide a link or source when you quote the pros either... so its hard to believe they said Brossoit will play 30+ games

Google the conference call when he was signed. Hes expected to play 25 to 30 games barring injury

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Google the conference call when he was signed. Hes expected to play 25 to 30 games barring injury

The only reference I could find was this quote: “I can say that I have goals and I would like to play in one of every four and (the Jets) have said that’s definitely a possibility,” said Brossoit. That's only 20 games. 

I listened to his interview and Googled other references. 

If you could point me to the reference where the Jets said, 25 to 30 games, that would be great. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You going on about backup goalies still? Ok. 

ADAM OATES!! Nice

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I'll take that as a "no" you can't provide any evidence. 

And, yes, the back-up position is quite important, particularly in case of injury. 

Its particularly important this year as we've had one season with Helle being a dominant starter.  We now have an unproven "safety net" behind him.  An injury would be disastrous.  But as a cap team, Jets have to be efficient with their money.   I did read that Brossoit was very well thought of around the league and could be a sleeper.  

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

ADAM OATES!! Nice

Its particularly important this year as we've had one season with Helle being a dominant starter.  We now have an unproven "safety net" behind him.  An injury would be disastrous.  But as a cap team, Jets have to be efficient with their money.   I did read that Brossoit was very well thought of around the league and could be a sleeper.  

I've seen him play here with the Oilers. Meh is my 'not a professional' observation. But NHL proven Goalies do take more time to develop so there's that advantage for us, i.e., hopefully Oilers pay dearly for giving up on him.

20 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I've seen him play here with the Oilers. Meh is my 'not a professional' observation. But NHL proven Goalies do take more time to develop so there's that advantage for us, i.e., hopefully Oilers pay dearly for giving up on him.

The fact that the Oilers did give up on him is really what makes me think he has potential. They don't evaluate talent that well up yonder. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The fact that the Oilers did give up on him is really what makes me think he has potential. They don't evaluate talent that well up yonder. 

Hope so because it would be a double win for me, i.e., Helps my team and provides me with more ammunition to trash talk my Oiler friends and colleagues.

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Everyone saying Karlsson is about to be moved... if he ends up in Vegas, I'm going to fkn lose it.

They gonna give up Glass Theodore and a 1st? If not.. I doubt it. Ive heard SJ.. But they need to clear 2 million in cap

Edited by Goalie