2018 Als Making 2013 Bombers Look Competent: Awful QB Management

Well, no surprise of this.  When your franchise management is in such disarray, that score is about what you get.  But ... Damn I just have to call them out on it.

Everyone watching on TV can see Willy is cooked.  I mean, you go down by 24 points, he's taking all those sacks, HC has gotta be thinking pull that guy.  You're doing nothing for your offense by keeping him in.

Now I'm not thinking Matthews is their guy either.  Everything I've seen from him tells me he's not going to ever be starting.  But you might as well roll with him and give Schiltz and Pipkin their reps too because you might at least have some playmakers there.  Waiting till late in the 4th to pull Willy is just wasting time.

17 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, no surprise of this.  When your franchise management is in such disarray, that score is about what you get.  But ... Damn I just have to call them out on it.

Everyone watching on TV can see Willy is cooked.  I mean, you go down by 24 points, he's taking all those sacks, HC has gotta be thinking pull that guy.  You're doing nothing for your offense by keeping him in.

Now I'm not thinking Matthews is their guy either.  Everything I've seen from him tells me he's not going to ever be starting.  But you might as well roll with him and give Schiltz and Pipkin their reps too because you might at least have some playmakers there.  Waiting till late in the 4th to pull Willy is just wasting time.

Schiltz is hurt,   Matthews only joined the team a few days ago.     They will have to beg Vernon Adams to come back at this point because their is absolutely no one out there with any experience that they can sign.   

With that talent at receiver and Sutton is a solid back.... no reason that the offense should be that putrid.

I wonder if Khari gets axed soon?

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The common factor between the two is Joe Mack, is it not?

It is, and I must say there could not be a starker contrast between these two franchises in how they are run.

Obviously the Als are an example of the bad that private ownership can be since they have no BOD or shareholders to be accountable to.  Sherman won't be there long, but no coach is going to fix that mess in one season I don't think.

But ... Yeah, Willy just needs to hang it up at this point so the Als can at least see what they got in their youngster QBs.

The team is screwed up right from the top.  That interview today with young Whetenhall shows that the team is not in good hands.  

They hire a coach who has no CFL experience. He looks completely lost on the sidelines and he hasn't really surrounded himself with a star studded coaching staff.    They did nothing in the of season to go out and sign an experienced QB that could come in and compete for the #1 spot.  They have some wepons on offence but no one to get them the ball.  

It's hard to see a once proud and successful franchise sink to the depths of despair.  I feel bad for Khari as this could be his last opportunity in the CFL.   

22 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

The team is screwed up right from the top.  That interview today with young Whetenhall shows that the team is not in good hands.  

They hire a coach who has no CFL experience. He looks completely lost on the sidelines and he hasn't really surrounded himself with a star studded coaching staff.    They did nothing in the of season to go out and sign an experienced QB that could come in and compete for the #1 spot.  They have some wepons on offence but no one to get them the ball.  

It's hard to see a once proud and successful franchise sink to the depths of despair.  I feel bad for Khari as this could be his last opportunity in the CFL.   

I don't think this is Khari's last chance... he may be demoted to a QB coach but he'll be around.  

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What can you do as OC tho when your oline is Cheese.. Swiss style. 

Also i think Montreal's head coach is a fool... Khari might be OC and QB coach but I'd be shocked if Sherman wasn't calling in the plays... 

Willy is so done...  his stats were padded by the 3rd quarter massive prevent defense we were running.    His stats still looked the shits.   I think they had only 4 first downs in the first half and aside from the one Sutton run they had maybe 50 yards total in the first half.    

They desperately need an athletic qb that can run hard and extend plays .....  no idea where they can find one though.

49 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I don't believe Mike Sherman really has all that big of aspirations in the league.  He was practically already retired and just coaching high school football not to get back into big coaching jobs but just as a charity to his community.  But he was offered one more coaching gig now in MTL that even if it doesn't work out still gives him one more paycheck to retire on, so it's a win-win for him.

Biggest thing to look at is why they had to hire him, and i guarantee you he wasn't who they wanted first.  They were hoping to get Lapolice or Claybrooks for the job, but someone forgot to tell Dodo Wettenhall that Joe Mack scapegoated Lapo and ruined their working relationship.  And Claybrooks is young and has all the time he needs to get a bigger and better coaching opportunity in the future.

Montreal can't get these high quality coaching candidates because they're putting arrogant ignoramuses in their front office.  Wettenhall is absolutely clueless about who is qualified to be a GM.

18 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Yeah u can pin a little on Mack maybe but the real culprit here is The Gm..Mr Reed. 

Mack is the asst GM though and has probably close to as much say as Reed.  Also heard one person they considered for HC once their other candidates fell through was Gary Crowton.  Yup, I'm not lying he was on their list, and I'm most certain that was Mack doing it.  Obviously no they didn't hire him, but that he was even on their list period is insane.  Mack definitely is a big cancer in that organization.

9 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Mack is the asst GM though and has probably close to as much say as Reed.  Also heard one person they considered for HC once their other candidates fell through was Gary Crowton.  Yup, I'm not lying he was on their list, and I'm most certain that was Mack doing it.  Obviously no they didn't hire him, but that he was even on their list period is insane.  Mack definitely is a big cancer in that organization.

Please. Hes a scout. This is 100 percent on Reed. Ok. 90 10.. But that other 10 goes to the owner of the team. Mack has no say.. Why can't they hire a coach? Cuz they have fired several the last couple years... 

Guys like Sherman Crowton whoever washed up scrub they also interviewed are the only guys willing to work under Reed. 

Edited by Goalie

45 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Feel for Willy a bit... Nice guy same with Khari... That Oline tho is bad... When 3 or 4 bombers are instantly in Willys face... Yeah its not the QB. 

He actually didn't play that bad considering the O-line he has. The guy is cursed. He hasn't had much of an O-line anywhere he's played. 

I would pay to watch those 2 juggernautly awful teams, the 2013 Blue Bombers with the sad eyed Tim Burke vs the equally awful 2018 Montreal Alouettes with the new Head Coach Mike Sherman who keeps looking down his bench longingly for the ghost of Brett Favre to find out who the truly worst team would have been. Yep, I'd pay.... well, no. What was I thinking????

Edited by SpeedFlex27

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would pay to watch those 2 juggernautly awful teams, the 2013 Blue Bombers with the sad eyed Tim Burke vs the equally awful 2018 Montreal Alouettes with the new Head Coach Mike Sherman who keeps looking down his bench longingly for the ghost of Brett Favre to find out who the truly worst team would have been. Yep, I'd pay.... well, no. What was I thinking????

Conceding the safety and only going for a field goal....  a lot of similarities...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Please. Hes a scout. This is 100 percent on Reed. Ok. 90 10.. But that other 10 goes to the owner of the team. Mack has no say.. Why can't they hire a coach? Cuz they have fired several the last couple years... 

Guys like Sherman Crowton whoever washed up scrub they also interviewed are the only guys willing to work under Reed. 

I don't buy that one bit.  Not one bit.

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Feel for Willy a bit... Nice guy same with Khari... That Oline tho is bad... When 3 or 4 bombers are instantly in Willys face... Yeah its not the QB. 

This is probably the first time I can ever remember watching a game and just feeling terrible for the opponent and their fans. It should’ve been called at halftime. Willy gave our city a lot before he got shellshocked, it’s sad to see him like this. And it’s rough when your own fans are booing you off the field, but can you even blame them after 13 losses in a row?

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Willy is so done...  his stats were padded by the 3rd quarter massive prevent defense we were running.    His stats still looked the shits.   I think they had only 4 first downs in the first half and aside from the one Sutton run they had maybe 50 yards total in the first half.    

They desperately need an athletic qb that can run hard and extend plays .....  no idea where they can find one though.

42 net yards, with 50 passing and 45 rushing. It’s insane how many yards they lost. 

Also, the QB they desperately need is currently a backup in Hamilton...

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Khari Jones is a terrible OC.  Sutton is by far their best weapon, had their only big play of the game.  Barely used.  There’s a way to build at least a reasonable offense with a bad OL and shaky QB, and it involves running the ball more than twice in the first half.

didn't he do the same thing with Jennings? Just flinging it way the hell downfield?