2018 Als Making 2013 Bombers Look Competent: Awful QB Management

5 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

I don't buy that one bit.  Not one bit.

Ofcourse not because for some reason you think a scout has some sort of say over the actual GM. Ridiculous... Be like saying McManus and Goveia has more say than Walters. 

Mack sucked as our GM but... Hes not the problem in Montreal. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ofcourse not because for some reason you think a scout has some sort of say over the actual GM. Ridiculous... Be like saying McManus and Goveia has more say than Walters. 

Mack sucked as our GM but... Hes not the problem in Montreal. 

Ummm his title is Assistant GM as in 2nd in command right behind Reed.  But I guess you didn't know that.

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Khari Jones is a terrible OC.  Sutton is by far their best weapon, had their only big play of the game.  Barely used.  There’s a way to build at least a reasonable offense with a bad OL and shaky QB, and it involves running the ball more than twice in the first half.

I see I don't have to say it JBR just did. 

Edited by pigseye

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

I loved Kahari but if he was calling the plays last night he did nothing to help Willy last night.Sutton looked really good last night but was way under utilized I  my opinion.

yah he ran for some really good gains, and then they just stopped using him.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

yah he ran for some really good gains, and then they just stopped using him.

Got behind fast & early. When that happens the run game goes out the window. Willy didn't help himself last night. He hangs onto the ball too long.  He gets sacked, constantly because he lacks athleticism, checks down & throws 5 yard outs or dumps.  He is sooooo finished as a CFL qb.  Hard to believe the Als can't see that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

The sad thing was we all thought (at the time) that Tim Burke replacing LaPo as HC of the Bombers in 2012 was a positive move as we thought that he would instill a little fear into the players by being more of a hard ass than Lapo  was. That he'd also instill some much needed team discipline which was lacking under LaPo as well. The total opposite happened. If anything, the team got worse & not better under Burke. Often times, he had no answer as to how to fix the team when asked after loss after blown out loss.  He made a name as a Defensive Coordinator in the CFL but couldn't make the successful jump to Head Coach which seems to happen a lot. It was obvious from that 52-0 blowout in Saskatchewan on Labour Day Sunday in his first game as HC on that he wasn't the answer going forward. Mercifully, Wade Miller fired him as soon as the 2013 season ended. That really affected Burke who went to the Argos as DC but eventually quit. I have no idea where Tim Burke is now or if he is retired from football or not. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The sad thing was we all thought (at the time) that Tim Burke replacing LaPo as HC of the Bombers in 2012 was a positive move as we thought that he would instill a little fear into the players by being more of a hard ass than Lapo  was. That he'd also instill some much needed team discipline which was lacking under LaPo as well. The total opposite happened. If anything, the team got worse & not better under Burke. Often times, he had no answer as to how to fix the team when asked after loss after blown out loss.  He made a name as a Defensive Coordinator in the CFL but couldn't make the successful jump to Head Coach which seems to happen a lot. It was obvious from that 52-0 blowout in Saskatchewan on Labour Day Sunday in his first game as HC on that he wasn't the answer going forward. Mercifully, Wade Miller fired him as soon as the 2013 season ended. That really affected Burke who went to the Argos as DC but eventually quit. I have no idea where Tim Burke is now or if he is retired from football or not. 

It sucks that Burke's legacy will have to be remembered as that bad head coach because he was definitely a damn good defensive coordinator, or at least way better than Richie Hall.  Guessing he's probably finished with coaching for good by now though.

Back to the topic at hand though ... MTL just really needs to admit that Willy is done.  I don't think any one of us wanted him to take abuse last night, or at least I didn't.  I thought it was irresponsible of the Als not to sit him and protect him from any injuries that could have happened.

Sure you can point the finger at his O-line, but there were definitely sacks he could have avoided by pulling the trigger and not turtling under.

I get that you have probably nobodies behind him, but you gotta play those guys because at least they might attempt to elude sacks and gun it downfield.  Willy probably should just retire.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Why they dont bring in Adam's is baffling..he has experience and he can run..in that mess right now that would be pretty beneficial 

Unfortunately they burned Crompton, Marsh and Adams in the past. I don't see them wanting to go back.

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Unfortunately they burned Crompton, Marsh and Adams in the past. I don't see them wanting to go back.

Well, unless they want to try and hack it in the AFL or XFL (if it's a go), going back to MTL is probably about the only chance they got.  Well ... I mean Crompton and Marsh may have decided to move onto other things besides football by now, but Adams might as well take the chance to go back since I see little chance he'll be passed up for Willy again.