TO @ SSK - East Final Rematch + QB Mystery Afoot

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's the same with every board. I've gone there and read over and over about how poorly the rider fans get treated at IGF, even some posters bringing up stories that were actually made up (little girl getting beer poured on her head). Acting like no rider fans could possibly be that rude. I've had death threats walking from mosaic. I've been called everything under sun there as well. Some times I deserved it, others I did nothing and it was just some ******. Moral of the story, don't go to other teams websites etc and expect to be treated nicely by every single person. Also don't take shitty treatment by some and turn it into an "ALL" those fans are ****. 

Its the young bucks about 20years old that stir up a lot of the crap. They are also the ones that get the most drunk. Be nice to see the stadiums across league show a bit of judgement about how many drinks they need to serve to people at the game. I've travelled to rider games and Calgary is the place where I have had the most problems. Twice I have been in fights there.  I'm older now and a lot more mellow. I have had some tense moments at stadium in Winnipeg but nothing too overboard ever occurred.  I don't travel to out of town games anymore, unless its playoffs, its not worth the hassle

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Its the young bucks about 20years old that stir up a lot of the crap. They are also the ones that get the most drunk. Be nice to see the stadiums across league show a bit of judgement about how many drinks they need to serve to people at the game. I've travelled to rider games and Calgary is the place where I have had the most problems. Twice I have been in fights there.  I'm older now and a lot more mellow. I have had some tense moments at stadium in Winnipeg but nothing too overboard ever occurred.  I don't travel to out of town games anymore, unless its playoffs, its not worth the hassle

Yeah anytime I've had an issue, at least one person has been super drunk. I'm also older now and have kids, so consequences are a lot more serious both legal and physical which has made me a lot more calm when interacting with other fans. Also now that Cannabis is legal I'm dreaming of a day where I get to watch a game at IGF while sipping on a cannabis beverage!!

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah anytime I've had an issue, at least one person has been super drunk. I'm also older now and have kids, so consequences are a lot more serious both legal and physical which has made me a lot more calm when interacting with other fans. Also now that Cannabis is legal I'm dreaming of a day where I get to watch a game at IGF while sipping on a cannabis beverage!!

My daughter is 11 and has become a big fan.  I take her to almost every game and it has sure made me a better fan in the process. 

56 minutes ago, Ripper said:

My daughter is 11 and has become a big fan.  I take her to almost every game and it has sure made me a better fan in the process. 

Thats good to hear. Though she is cheering for the wrong team ;) . I can't wait till my kids are old enough to come to a game. Won't be until around that age that they come with me.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Thats good to hear. Though she is cheering for the wrong team ;) . I can't wait till my kids are old enough to come to a game. Won't be until around that age that they come with me.

Doesn't matter who you cheer for, buy a ticket and come out and support your team.  The league needs the support.  I hope the day never comes that the league isn't here

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah he has a different way of throwing...he is truly an arm thrower and throws it like a dart...but with heat on it...Actually in a way is a good thing as it makes for a quick release and less chance of shoulder/throwing issues...also works well in close quarters and scrambling plays...his strength tho in my opinion is his mind..he's smart and actually can read, and adapt to what he see's...most rookies can't...especially ones who have been exposed to the 3 down game for basically just a month...and with only 2-3 weeks now with the starters

I thought that too.. his mechanics look stunted but then realized he just uses his arm for it all lol.  hes accurate and hard throwing so cant be a bad thing.

14 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

One thing is for sure...Labour Day is going to be a doozy this year, whichever team wins.

I expect a split for LDC and BJB with heavy bias towards the home team winning. Its soo hard to sweep the same team in short order in football. even when the game is one sided, its still great banter and fun. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I expect a split for LDC and BJB with heavy bias towards the home team winning. Its soo hard to sweep the same team in short order in football. even when the game is one sided, its still great banter and fun. 

Good news is we get 3 cracks at em so we could drop one and still take the other 2.

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Also, looks like the QB mystery may not be such a mystery.  Collaros got injured I know, but looks like he was actually doing worse than BB when he was in.  I'm betting he just lost his starting job to him.

Last night was just confirmation that Collaros should hang them up. None of the hits were really bad...there were a alot though. Concussions unfortunately keep coming and come easier and easier each time.

and you don't need a head shot to get one either...especially if you have had several before...and behind that line...he will get pounded repeatedly game in and game out and it will totally affect his pocket demeanor and have him ducking and diving when he doesn't even need to...he already is at that state now...guy is done...and the funny part the Riders are already 250k+ into him salary wise already and the season is 2 games old...

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Last night was just confirmation that Collaros should hang them up. None of the hits were really bad...there were a alot though. Concussions unfortunately keep coming and come easier and easier each time.

Last night was also a confirmation that Bridge is not ready to be a starter in this league anytime soon.  Other than ad-lib runs he does not work well within a structured offensive plan and seems to have no clue when and when not to pass the ball to his receivers.  He has all of the physical tools required to be a good QB, but the mental tools he needs to interpret the game remain largely unrefined.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Last night was also a confirmation that Bridge is not ready to be a starter in this league anytime soon.  Other than ad-lib runs he does not work well within a structured offensive plan and seems to have no clue when and when not to pass the ball to his receivers.  He has all of the physical tools needed but the mental tools he needs to interpret the game remain largely unrefined.

True, but at this point he's the best they got since they got beat out by TO for Franklin and also let V Adams go.  No other QB I know of out on the market is going to come in and help them.

2 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

True, but at this point he's the best they got since they got beat out by TO for Franklin and also let V Adams go.  No other QB I know of out on the market is going to come in and help them.

Not that I'm at all interested in helping them out, but here's a "who me?" candidate.

darian-durant.jpg

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Looks like he's about to head to Drew Willy territory and wind up in MTL. Only place I can think of where Collaros would be wanted.

I could see him taking a jason maas type role. Holding a clipboard as a back up on a good team. I feel like this is the year every thing in montreal comes to a head and they finally clean house. Quebec produces a TON of the NI talent we get in the cfl. So a strong franchise in montreal is in every cfl team and fans best interest. 

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I can see Adams heading back there, especially if Collaros is going to miss time.

If I was him Id go where I had to best chance to play. Here, sask and maybe BC as a sleeper pick. None of the options are slam dunks but none are terrible either. Could also try to get into calgary and become the heir to BLM.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Not that I'm at all interested in helping them out, but here's a "who me?" candidate.

darian-durant.jpg

I wonder how this situation would play out. I feel like we should retain his rights seeing as he took the bonus and still counts against our cap this year. But I could see being as he retired the PA trying to get him qualified as a free agent. Im over it, either way. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yup, just an awkward fall and hits his head on the turf etc. Its all it takes. 

Speaking from experience a ton of things can trigger problems. A sneeze has done it for me. You could be sacked land on your butt head never really change position or angle but the force of the momentum and it coming to a halt can have a whip affect. Nasty things concussions. 

OT a bit, but brett favre is lobbying to have tackle football banned in the US for early years. Id love to see it get a hockey approach. No hitting till well into the late teen years. I think the end game solution though is a culture wide change in football. Weve seen good progress over the past 10 and 20 years. From two a day full contact practices followed up by wind sprints till you puke, being denied water for large periods of time in such practices, bad mid season performances leading coaches to force two a days mid season and all kinds of awful practices. 

The next culture change needs to be tackling and hitting. Hawk tackling (rugby style) and not using the head as a weapon needs to be the future. We dont need more head padding, we need to remove head contact. Strict enforcement of tighter spearing rules, and some re working to include all plays in all situations. Maybe greater penalties too. But even then, it has to be done from the grass roots with teaching kids not to use the head.  

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I could see him taking a jason maas type role. Holding a clipboard as a back up on a good team. I feel like this is the year every thing in montreal comes to a head and they finally clean house. Quebec produces a TON of the NI talent we get in the cfl. So a strong franchise in montreal is in every cfl team and fans best interest. 

I highly doubt much is going to change until that buffoon Andrew Wettenhall is forced to sell the team.