The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

20220710-124513.jpg

Only $24 for the privilege. Lots of heads turning my direction as I walked by, thats really what you're paying for.

Were you sitting with someone and you both got those yesterday? 

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Yessir, and I am fully cooked like a lobster

Ha! I saw you! I pointed out the beer bat and said I wanted one, to my kids. I didn't know that they also had slurpee ones too or I would have bought a round for the kids. 

I settled with a Hazy Whaler in a can. 

I was behind you and over one section over in the shade. Glorious day for baseball, glorious to see back-to-back Oppo-Tacos, glorious day to see Washington hit two in one inning, glorious day to see a 9-run inning, and a glorious day for a Goldeyes win!

Just now, JCon said:

Ha! I saw you! I pointed out the beer bat and said I wanted one, to my kids. I didn't know that they also had slurpee ones too or I would have bought a round for the kids. 

I settled with a Hazy Whaler in a can. 

The tix and beer bat were a father's day gift, may dad loves the Goldeyes, we try to go together every year.

The beer bat was a TCB Portager, the perfect lunch

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

That's probably for the best.  I like him but he's not been effective getting that rotation going. 

They need starting help and bullpen help. Gaus and Manoah have been good but that's it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, huge shout out to the Goldeyes organization. I expressed that we could no longer use our tickets tonight due to a positive COVID test in our household, and they exchanged them for another date. No questions asked.

That is the type of customer service that keeps me going back to Shaw Park with my family every year. And I basically despise baseball!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goldeyes start their playoffs tonight at home. 6:30pm start. This may be their last home game of the season. 

I decided to bring my boys to the game. They get this and the Banjo Bowl. I wish I was as lucky as a child. 

On 2022-08-29 at 11:10 PM, bustamente said:

The Yankees have gone into the tank the last month but that's 50 for Judge tonight

54 now. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's the only one hitting, that's for sure. Pitching and defense are still good. As soon as the bats warm up, though, they're going to roll. 

Bennitendi has getting comfortable and was starting to hit then got hurt and is having or had surgery, looks like Stanton is hurt again, Rizzo has back problems, Higgy can't hit, Hicks is brutal, Cabrera and  Perazza are young, LeMahieu has a big toe problem and has hit the skids, Torres has reverted back to last years form and Trevivo is not or should not be your everyday catcher. Our team might be in a bit of trouble unless the replacements heat up or the regulars come back swinging when the playoffs come

My boys and I had lots of fun at the game last night. Goldeyes won and hopefully they can take one in Fargo. If so, they'll have more home games. 

Did see a bad injury. Collision at the plate with Max Murphy, who led the team in HRs and RBIs this year, and he visibly broke his leg. You could hear it break. Just terrible. I feel so bad for him and, you have to wonder, if it will be the end of his baseball career? I hope not. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

My boys and I had lots of fun at the game last night. Goldeyes won and hopefully they can take one in Fargo. If so, they'll have more home games. 

Did see a bad injury. Collision at the plate with Max Murphy, who led the team in HRs and RBIs this year, and he visibly broke his leg. You could hear it break. Just terrible. I feel so bad for him and, you have to wonder, if it will be the end of his baseball career? I hope not. 

And today voted League MVP.