The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like the Jays are getting rid of the carnival atmosphere in the Jays dugout where the players spent more time dancing around and hammy it up  

that won't end until Guererro is outta there....or at least until someone replaces him as Head Clown. I'm really hoping Mattingly is going to bring a different attitude to the dugout. It's nice that the kids are having fun, but until they actually win something, maybe take it down a notch...

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that won't end until Guererro is outta there....or at least until someone replaces him as Head Clown. I'm really hoping Mattingly is going to bring a different attitude to the dugout. It's nice that the kids are having fun, but until they actually win something, maybe take it down a notch...

Donny Baseball my favourite baseball player bar none, and now with the Jays not enough to make me cheer for the Jays though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, bustamente said:

New Blue Jays Kiermaier thinks they will win 100 plus games, we shall see. Will never get used to seeing Donnie Baseball in that wretched uniform.

I'm curious if Kiermaier can play even half of those 100.... they Jays brought in some names that were pretty great 5-10 years ago, but have a lot of injury concerns now...

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

New Blue Jays Kiermaier thinks they will win 100 plus games, we shall see. Will never get used to seeing Donnie Baseball in that wretched uniform.

With the new scheduling, I could see the Jays winning a bunch more wins this year. Not having to face the AL East gauntlet as much will be a gift to the Yankees, Jays, and Rays this year. I even expect the Orioles to compete for a playoff spot. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm curious if Kiermaier can play even half of those 100.... they Jays brought in some names that were pretty great 5-10 years ago, but have a lot of injury concerns now...

Varsho should be good. And, freeing up Springer from centrefield should help with his durability. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:
16 minutes ago, JCon said:

With the new scheduling, I could see the Jays winning a bunch more wins this year. Not having to face the AL East gauntlet as much will be a gift to the Yankees, Jays, and Rays this year. I even expect the Orioles to compete for a playoff spot. 

Varsho should be good. And, freeing up Springer from centrefield should help with his durability. 

It will all come down to pitching as it usually does, Jays Rays and Yanks will hit a ton though

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Yeah, baby!!!

Infuriating watching the Tigers let that one go. Barf.  

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Now, about the fact that they've put themselves in a position where they've had to come back............................

They've played down to the Tigers over the past few games. But, the bullpen in Detroit is terrible.