The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 2 weeks later...

https://sports.yahoo.com/world-series-astros-topple-phillies-in-game-6-claim-a-legacy-sealing-championship-behind-yordan-alvarez-031822395.html

At 25 years, 45 days old, Jeremy Peña is be the youngest position player to ever win the World Series MVP

Philadelphia is the first metro area to lose 2 championships in MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL or NHL on the same day.

Mattress Mack wins largest legal payout in sports betting history

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, iHeart said:

This could be huge

Huge in what way? 

Mattingly, Yankee legend and all around fantastic human, has never been able to find sustained success as a Manager. 

What the Blue Jays need is more discipline and adults running the locker room. I don't think adding Don helps the Jays get that. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

Huge in what way? 

Mattingly, Yankee legend and all around fantastic human, has never been able to find sustained success as a Manager. 

What the Blue Jays need is more discipline and adults running the locker room. I don't think adding Don helps the Jays get that. 

I said COULD

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Huge in what way? 

He has trouble respecting authority himself from what I’ve heard. 
Don_Mattingly___Simpsons.jpg

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He has trouble respecting authority himself from what I’ve heard. 
Don_Mattingly___Simpsons.jpg

and that's kind of the problem the first thing I thought of was the Simpsons (I mean how big were these players when Homer at Bat aired because I highly doubt they drew random names out of a hat)

They definitely need an adult in that room.... way too many kids running the daycare and it showed come playoff time. Less home run jackets and goofing around in the dugout and more professionalism, is what Mattingly will at least TRY to bring to the team. Having fun is important, but I think they need an adult to balance things out.

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

Why? 

They drafted and developed a player. 

I'd rather they spend the money on the players, rather than put it in their pockets*. 

* See Toronto Blue Jays. 

One.

They usually sign the ones that everyone else drafts and develops.