Game 24: Jets Vs Wild

iHeart

24 minutes ago, Judd said:

Can't say I agree with buff being on there. He turned it over leading to the 2 on 1 where they scored the first goal. Then 5 mins later pinched and got beat and they scored again (fortunate it was offside). He was -3 in the first 5 minutes lol 

Nothing wrong with pinching.  Where is his d-partner?  Try not to focus so much on where the puck is.  The majority of the game happens away from the puck.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I like reading these game day threads....  I did not watch the game but from what I can read Buff was both awful and absolutely great last night.  

typical Buff night.  My favorite part was the Little goal - Little scores, then before he can really celebrate he turns and sees several Minny players jumping on Ehlers and so just plows into the pile in defense of his team-mate - now that's hockey!!!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

24 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Total rubbish.

Lmao. Everyone disagrees with you besides a few posters on here. Go on HFboards and read the game day thread oh wise one. Buff rushes, turns it over causing a  3 on one and he's innocent? Some jets fans man. Let me guess, you think enstrom sucks and constantly yell "SHOOT!" at the games.

Buff had played some of his best games in the last dozen but he was absolute dog **** last night.

Edited by Judd

7 minutes ago, Judd said:

Lmao. Everyone disagrees with you besides a few posters on here. Go on HFboards and read the game day thread oh wise one. Buff rushes, turns it over causing a  3 on one and he's innocent? Some jets fans man. Let me guess, you think enstrom sucks and constantly yell "SHOOT!" at the games.

So you're part of the angry mob blaming Buff 100% for that goal, but the guy who disagrees gets lumped in with  the "Enstrom sucks" and "guy yelling shoot" people? Does that not seem backwards to you?

Just now, sweep the leg said:

So you're part of the angry mob blaming Buff 100% for that goal, but the guy who disagrees gets lumped in with  the "Enstrom sucks" and "guy yelling shoot" people? Does that not seem backwards to you?

Well since Buff 100% IS at fault for the goal and that's met with nothing but a "total rubbish" comment, no. That response shows a critical lack of understanding. 

Buff needs Poolman or Enstrom to cover for him...  Chiarot is a deer in the headlights out there

Myers-Kulikov pairing is a pleasant surprise

Morrissey-Trouba should be getting 24 mins a game - just really great chemistry

I think anyone with Scheif and Wheeler will look good

Its nice having a great 4th line but Perrault needs to get back in top six - he drives the play

That being said, I really liked the distribution of ice time last night

Get Laine back on the left side - he looks totally lost sometimes...  the guy is here to score goals a la Ovechkin not be a set up man

Would be interesting to see a Connor-Copp-Armia line

48 minutes ago, Judd said:

Well since Buff 100% IS at fault for the goal and that's met with nothing but a "total rubbish" comment, no. That response shows a critical lack of understanding. 

Since my understanding of hockey is critically lacking, feel free to explained how Byfuglien caused those goals.  Demonstrate your understanding by breaking down the events of those shifts.

Edited by mbrg
grammar matters

Anyone quoting hfboards should maybe just stay there.  That board is a joke.  I know some of those guys in person and I'd be surprised if they've ever played a sport in their lives.  It's like letting the fat IT guy tell you how the Jets should be playing (that's literally what you're doing if you read that board).  It's an absolute mockery.

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Anyone quoting hfboards should maybe just stay there.  That board is a joke.  I know some of those guys in person and I'd be surprised if they've ever played a sport in their lives.  It's like letting the fat IT guy tell you how the Jets should be playing (that's literally what you're doing if you read that board).  It's an absolute mockery.

So what you're saying is that you're banned from HFBoards...?

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It has 10x the traffic of this site. 

34 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Since my understanding of hockey is critically lacking, feel free to explained how Byfuglien caused those goals.  Demonstrate your understanding by breaking down the events of those shifts.

Watch the first 15 seconds of the recap frosty posted. If you see nothing wrong with what buff did then I don't know what to tell you. 

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So what you're saying is that you're banned from HFBoards...?

No I am still free to post there, I just choose not to.

I became a little disillusioned after we recently fired an employee for spending ALL his time on HFboards rather than doing any work.  Turns out he has one of the highest post counts there and is well-respected.  Well I'll be damned if the guy has ever laced up a pair of skates in his life.  Going from his desk to the break room was a chore in itself.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What's your point?  If you're going to try to win arguments with "THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID ON HFBOARDS" then what's the point of even coming here?

You said "that site is a joke". Yeah, okay, the site with 10x (probably more like 100x) the traffic is a joke. So being a vocal minority on a much smaller site is better. 

Obviously you think that way because not everyone agrees with you and you took your ball and went home 

13 minutes ago, Judd said:

Watch the first 15 seconds of the recap frosty posted. If you see nothing wrong with what buff did then I don't know what to tell you. 

I'd still say its more Chiarot's inability to cover for Buff's play...  Kulikov is not a good partner for him either

Buff plays 'rover' and always will - need a guy like Poolman or Enstrom who can anticipate his gaffs...  

I won't blame Buff alone but his D pair was by far the worst for the Jets last night

Just now, Judd said:

You said "that site is a joke". Yeah, okay, the site with 10x (probably more like 100x) the traffic is a joke. So being a vocal minority on a much smaller site is better. 

Obviously you think that way because not everyone agrees with you and you took your ball and went home 

So then what brings you here?  Just spreading the good word?

Sorry, but I'll stick by my original comments.  I like this site for football because I was never really involved in the game so I can just be a fan.  But with hockey, it's different.  I can't tolerate talking to people who just have no clue, and unfortunately that's 95% of that site.  If you want to buy into the bullshit coming from Garret Hohl and Holden Caulfield, go ahead.  Just be aware that's exactly what it is - bullshit.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

I'd still say its more Chiarot's inability to cover for Buff's play...  Kulikov is not a good partner for him either

Buff plays 'rover' and always will - need a guy like Poolman or Enstrom who can anticipate his gaffs...  

I won't blame Buff alone but his D pair was by far the worst for the Jets last night

Chiarot is not good.  He needs to be severely limited.

lost in the wash in all of this is one rather important facet. Buff is an offensive defenseman.  (usually.. this season, not so much) and offensive minded defensemen often will get caught out of position or give up odd-man rushes.  Its accounted for, its expected.. just because our fanbase gets angry at it, doesn't mean its not part of how the team uses their defense.  If we wanted all stay at home defenders, we would have them.. we don't.. we want to have defense that activate on the rush and can either score or setup goals..

whining about the occasional goal given up or 3 on 2 or 2 on 1 isn't going to change anything.. might as well piss into the wind.

I post at HF boards, sure there are guys over there that think they know everything and that's fine everyone is entitled to an opinion right or wrong, discussion is always good. Some of the guys or gals are really into analytics, me personally I don't put much stock in them but some swear buy them and some are financially motivated by them, I also like posting here as there are some strong poster's here, as I said discussion is always a good thing and if everyone had the same opinion there wouldn't be much to discuss.