Game 9 : @ Blue Jackets

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

Worst power play in the league. 5,6 weak shots on 6 power plays. How can Maurice possibly have a job after this? 

I think it depends more on a losing streak than bad PP

on the other hand Mason has improved they didn't score against us til the third period

9 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I can't believe that mauling of Lemieux, late in the period, only resulted in 2 damn minutes.   It likely wouldn't have mattered, as our PP is terrible, but that was ridiculous.

Yeah but on the other side of the coin lemieux 100% deserved a penalty for that hit from behind moments before 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Buff needs to hustle back for that puck instead of taking a skate in the park. 

He gets out hustled, then we get hemmed in, and Columbus goal. 

just got home from the Rockets game and watched the last five minutes and OT.  I was screaming at the screen "Buff you idiot!!" as he went on that pleasure skate in OT back to his own end.  What the hell was that?  This is the NHL, you can't just leisurely sashay back to your end in 3 on 3 hockey.  And then he just gives up the puck, and boom its in the net.  Sorry, but that's just it for me.  Something is rotten with this team.  Time for Chevy to start making some changes pronto.  That was unacceptable.

Early results but I think we have turned the corner on the goalie front, thought Myers had his best game of the  year, and Kulikov has been steady pick up, what concerns me is Wheeler and Little, Wheeler has been terrible so far this year and taking foolish penalties compounds this, a goal in ot from in front of the net maybe would of sparked him he needs to get going, Little on the other has disappeared, playing with Ehlers and Laine has not work.  

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Buff was gassed. Yeah it was a lazy play but 30 45 seconds earlier he was gassed and was on the bench for all of 10 secinds and was then put back out on the ice while still gassed. Poor coaching

sounds like a bit of a cop out to me, but here's another thought I had after watching again - why didn't Mason get out of the net and play the puck up to Buff?  In 3 on 3 the goalies have to become more active with the puck and essentially become a fourth puck handler.  I don't know why he just sat in his net waiting for Buff to casually stroll down the ice with a Blue Jacket hot on his heels.  Bad coaching is probably a lot to blame here.  Maurice has to go.  

Watching Wheeler this year has reminded me of a few years ago when Ladd started to rapidly decline.  He also started taking dumb penalties and playing selfish hockey.  Any idea what Wheeler would fetch on the trade market?  Wheeler and Buff?

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Any idea what Wheeler would fetch on the trade market?  Wheeler and Buff?

:o

Why is it people who are out of town want the best players traded? Buff has NMC so move on from that thought.

EDM needs to dump McDavid!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

:o

Why is it people who are out of town want the best players traded? Buff has NMC so move on from that thought.

EDM needs to dump McDavid!

what difference does it make that I am "out of town"?  I'm not the only one BTW who has been saying that it's time to start looking at moving some of the old Thrashers.  I just can't watch that Buff play and not get angry.  And it doesn't matter if I'm in Teulon or Tokyo.   

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think it might be a frustrated Wheeler trying to do too much. He also has a history of slow starts. Give him some time. 

Laine Scheif Ehlers - chemistry

Connor Little Wheeler -chemistry

Perreault Lowry Armia 3rd when healthy gives us 3 good lines. 

Would help 

Edited by Goalie

On 10/28/2017 at 1:48 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Watching Wheeler this year has reminded me of a few years ago when Ladd started to rapidly decline.  He also started taking dumb penalties and playing selfish hockey.  Any idea what Wheeler would fetch on the trade market? 

As a guy who scored a hat trick in 1 period. A lot.

Sorry I had to :D