Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe

Rich

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Why would Steinauer leave the NCAA to come here?

Probably depends on how well the Fresno St Bulldogs defense does this year.  If they look as ferocious as the units he had up in Hamilton, he'll probably be staying down there a while and possibly getting an even bigger gig with the Texas Longhorns or UCLA Bruins.  If it doesn't work out, I'm sure he'd be offered a job back up here to fall back on again.

Like any hiring; do your due diligence. It's a small league. 

I'm guessing our brass have some idea of the dynamics which led to his release. 

There have already been two Als players (current & former) who have applauded the move to get rid of Thorpe and Chappy.

If it smells like **** and feels like ****, you don't have to taste it to know it's ****.

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

He's ready for head coaching gig though...  I'd make him DC/Asst GM and be ready to replace June Jones if he never learns how to use playaction or run the ball

Thorpes star has absolutely not fallen - Kavis butchered that team - Thorpe has played essentially a 3-4 forever and now he has doesn't have enough players to do that

Hebert is a great rotational player - he's sure the h*ll not Bear Woods...

I agree with jacquie in that an ast hc and dc role would be a great step for him.

And yeah he has had defensive players hemorrhaged for cap issues over the last 2 years and his D hasnt taken a step back.

On a side note, ive allways been a fan of 3-4 in the cfl.  I think the main reason we dont see it as the go to D system is the sharp contrast in DL it uses compared to the 4-3s ran up here. The yard off the ball also makes it harder on hand up edge rushers imo.